watching DW TV

SoFarAndNear

Hi,

first of all I have no knowledge in Satellite TV. I just ordered a this box here few weeks ago. http://psisat.com/site/index.php/%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A7%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%A1/%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A7%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%A1-psi-o2-hd . The SAT guy installed the box and the dish on my roof. Everything is working. I can see around 300 (mostly Thai) channels.

My questions is can I and if yes how can I watch german international TV channel 'Deutsche Welle' (DW TV)?!

As far as I understand the channel is available at the 'AsiaSat 3S' satellite which I can choose in the settings of the sat receiver box which I have. I can also auto scan for channels from AsiaSat 3s. Unfortunately the auto scan finds many channels but not 'Deutsche Welle' (DW TV)

Cheers,

Edited by SoFarAndNear

You can watch DW TV free if your satelite is able to receive signal from Asiasat 2 or 3. I think your satelite is directed to thaicom 3/5 where DW TV is part of TrueTV so not free at all !

Very easy to check... look at your sat dish and if it almost strait to to sky; you are on Asiasat. If not and looking at west you are receiving from thaicom.

I don't think PSI have any moving dish anymore so you can set up a second head on the dish but impossible to receive thaicom and asiasat with the same dish.

Call back the tech for he move the antenna to the new position ! If you need to have thai channel also, buy a second dish I have a big one on asiasat 3 for french TV5 and a smaller one for thaicom.

Hi S.F.A.N

You need a CBand dish plus LNB for Asiasat 3,I would think your local dealer who set your psi dish up would know all about setting a CBand dish to Asia sat 3 as its FTA.

Asiasat 3 is good with about 10 channels in English inc DW in German and English and there's a good movie channel called Lotus from Macau

Yes right now I am using Thaicom. I can see that in the channel list.

So using thaicom and asiasat 3s with the same dish and receiver is not possible?

Strange that I could find channel if I used the auto scan option with the Asiasat 3s.

[...] Strange that I could find channel if I used the auto scan option with the Asiasat 3s.

It's possible when the 2 satelites are near. Ex. thaicom 3/5 and the ex ASTV sat were reachable from the same dish (but need a 2nd head to receive the 2nd sta). You can do it with 2 or 3 sat. But with more than 20° difference on the position it's almost impossible. Thaicom and Asiasat are almost 30° different.

You need a new dish for DW and probably a bigger one (1.8 m diameter) check on their web; they should have technical information about it.

At this time you could have a 2nd head on your new dish to also receive asiasat 2 /5 or any other interesting sat in range.

Even if you found some, don't buy a moved dish...it's really fustrating when got problem. I now use mine a fixed dish to Asiasat 3 without any problem since 15 years ( except my dying receiver...but easy to change)

Good luck to you; the investment is worth by the time... just choose well from the begening.