Would you tell sb he is being ripped off?

Urloc

Well, before everything this post is because I am curious of what other people would do, I already decided to shut up and don't say anything, as it is not my business and due to my selfish nature I just consider I have nothing to win by telling and I could get into trouble by opening my mouth.

This is the thing. I live in a small village in the Isaan area and near my house there is another girl with a farang bf. Seems they are about to marry and he is supporting the whole family from his country, sending her money for her and her family and building them a house. He also paid for the car and who knows what more stuff. He doesn't look very smart because her gf looks like a tramp, acts as a tramp, speaks like a tramp and not surprisingly, is a tramp.

While he is living in his country, she has been pregnant of somebody and gave birth to a girl. When he came here, they told him the baby is the daughter of the tramp's sister. So, not long ago he came to the village and he was holding her and walking her and he even told me, look what a cute niece I have. I really was about to tell him "Dude, this is the daugher of your gf and the whole damn village knows it but you" but I'd rather shut up and let him live in his happy world.

Still I want to know what would you do and why.

• Like 1

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bo(i meant to type no but as the topic is about Isaan). I have a very smart "SWIM" who keeps marrying these hookers. One of them even gave me the Evil Eye when I was visiting, as if she knew that I knew about her wicked ways. Life is a better teacher and I didn't point out the obvious and my "SWIM" of course got robbed of well over a million baths, and within two months married another one.

*SWIM=someone who is not me

I just think, that some people really don't have a clue about how vindictive some thai women can be and especially one that has much too lose, like the one from the OP's story.

I would be very afraid for the OP's life if he kept on living in the same village if he told the foreign boyfriend the truth.

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

I'm really looking forward to Jeremy Kyle in Thailand show, it's going to make his UK and US versions look lame.

55555 I agree, but what about Jerry Springer (I believe he started that Genre or at least has a Doctorate in it :D)

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward to Jeremy Kyle in Thailand show, it's going to make his UK and US versions look lame.

55555 I agree, but what about Jerry Springer (I believe he started that Genre or at least has a Doctorate in it :D)

Yep, Jerry was the Kng of that genre, but Jeremy is the man for today. Thai version would be brilliant.

Topic range would be vast to

• Like 1

But I do hope before it airs that all "contestants" get searched for weapons in all cavities (think of darts and such) :D

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

If this person is a friend of yours and assuming you are truly in possession of all relevant facts, it is at best cowardly to remain silent and at worst makes you part of the conspiracy of silence. A poor friend indeed. What is an "sb?

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Like 2

He may already know and has accepted it and is sticking to the story, even Farangs need to save face sometimes.

There is no shortage of Farangs over here that stick by their much younger partners under the most extreme of circumstances (Particularly regarding fidelity)

To mention it may cause a problem between you.

Maybe best to keep out of it..

I would stay out of it and enjoy the show.

He is a grown man, I have made mistakes in the past and learnt from them....leave him to do the same.

Might open his eyes for the future!

Can you imagine the flack you are going to get if you tell him and he tells his girlfriend?

This kind of stuff I have seen many many times, the BF lives abroad most of the year and thinks he has a happy relationship, the GF says and does all the right things, but in reality.......

Edited by kjhbigv

If this person is a friend of yours and assuming you are truly in possession of all relevant facts, it is at best cowardly to remain silent and at worst makes you part of the conspiracy of silence. A poor friend indeed. What is an "sb?

All depends how blind his mate is, the OP could easily become an ex-friend.

what i cant understand,

shes had a baby, bloody hell how long has he been away from her?

dosnt sound right to me, another troll,

girls get fat when pregnant

Not noticeable for the first few months, and lots of guys only come here once a year anyway. She could have been visibly pregnant for the last 4-5 months, but he wasn't here to see.

"It seems to me, not helping a friend avoid a terrible mistake, or at least making the attempt, makes him an ex friend already. Good time only friends are easy to come by. It's the friend that helps when things get sticky that matters."

Yeah but the OP can help out when asked. He can see something that really should be quite obvious, but is not for whatever reason, completely bewildering. Unless someone has some "positive outcome" stories about pointing out an obvious gold-digger or visa-chaser, you should assume that they will have to learn themselves. Maybe in some cases the people may be genuinely completely oblivious but otherwise better leave it be.

Please continue OP. I love these stories. I have probably read a hundred of these on TV over my years and yet some how I never get bored of them. I do have a question, why do they always seem to happen in Isaan? Is there a special school out there for girls on how to quickly pull in a sucker?

I saw the same thing as the OP in an Issan village ten years ago, the farang was an elderly Scandinavian who had built his retirement home where his Thai wife lived but he continued to work overseas. She had a baby with her Thai husband who would move out during his brief visit although the timing was such that he never new much anything about it, the entire village was aware of it all, sad really.