Would you tell sb he is being ripped off?

Urloc

I'm really looking forward to Jeremy Kyle in Thailand show, it's going to make his UK and US versions look lame.

Look no further Mr Toad - one's already been done.

I saw that episode last time was in The UK, hilarious.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you are a decent human being with any compassion, you should tell him.

Put yourself in his shoes and ask yourself the same question.

He could be giving away his life savings and end up with nothing.

If the OP does that he will create a shitstorm and for what? He will probably have to move.

See therein lies the problem, I would never be in his shoes. Things like this are best left alone and all you can do is watch from the cheap seats and have it be a reminder. So a few things I have learned from situations posted like these

1) Never have a long distance romance especially with a gal you met online, why? Because you know there is a good chance you are not her first and likely not her last.

2) Never ever under any circumstance send money to her or the family.

3) Take off the rose colored glasses so you can see things clearly and use your better judgment. Seems like so many leave all their common sense when they land at the airport.

In theory yes, but chances are that the guy wouldn't believe him anyway. How many times have we read similar stories where somebody has given another guy a "heads up" only for the person offering the real truth to be castigated by the person who doesn't believe the blindingly obvious?

That said, I would be feeling pretty guilty if, down the line, I saw the sorry episode unravel knowing I might have been able to do something about it.

• Like 1

If the OP does that he will create a shitstorm and for what? He will probably have to move.

And for what? For being a decent human being ?

For helping another person not to get scammed ?

For saving someone from heartache?

For helping someone not to lose his life savings?

For possibly saving someone from killing himself?

For helping someone NOT to end up financially broke at an old age?

Just some reasons I could think of.

OP does not need to hold a public meeting, there are many discrete ways.

In theory yes, but chances are that the guy wouldn't believe him anyway. How many times have we read similar stories where somebody has given another guy a "heads up" only for the person offering the real truth to be castigated by the person who doesn't believe the blindingly obvious?

That said, I would be feeling pretty guilty if, down the line, I saw the sorry episode unravel knowing I might have been able to do something about it.

What the guy would believe is irrelevant.

OP can only tell and it's other guy choice what he does with that information.

There are many what if's and there is no way to know what the outcome would be.

• Like 1

if you lie with down with dogs....

I have a question to the OP, how you can accept to live in this village, surrended with low-life?

What i did learn in thailand, is too choose carefuly my neighboorhood!

The only way to not be surrounded by low lifes/bastards/bitches is to move to a deserted area and I am not that antisocial yet.

I like it here, seriously. I prefer to have a tramp as a neighbor than a noisy one.

And for what? For being a decent human being ?

For helping another person not to get scammed ?

For saving someone from heartache?

For helping someone not to lose his life savings?

For possibly saving someone from killing himself?

For helping someone NOT to end up financially broke at an old age?

Just some reasons I could think of.

OP does not need to hold a public meeting, there are many discrete ways.

I understand where you are coming from but I learned a long time ago never to come between a man and wife. If this clown thinks he can trust any woman to be faithful to him with 12 months absence he is an utter fool. He may have another family overseas, who knows.

How do you discretely say "Oh BTW your wife had a secret baby while you were away"? Come on man she wasn't just getting a work out.

• Like 1

what i cant understand,

shes had a baby, bloody hell how long has he been away from her?

dosnt sound right to me, another troll,

girls get fat when pregnant

He comes once per year, don't remember his last trip past year but this one just did it in June.

And no, I am not a troll and no, I am not a Thai hater at all. Actually I am more of a Thai lover.

what i cant understand,

shes had a baby, bloody hell how long has he been away from her?

dosnt sound right to me, another troll,

girls get fat when pregnant

Not noticeable for the first few months, and lots of guys only come here once a year anyway. She could have been visibly pregnant for the last 4-5 months, but he wasn't here to see.

So you think it is totally plausible that he:

A - There was enough time between the time he left and when she got pregnant that it was obvious it wasn't his child

B - The whole nine months that she was pregnant he did not see or hear anything about it.

C - After she had the baby that he could not notice that she had just been pregnant.

D - He only comes once a year and it just happen to coincide exactly with this scenario listed above

My own experience related with that...

When I was 20 years old, in the 60"s, I have my group of good close friends, and we party a lot. Good hippie times. Most had permanent girl friends, and many party girls aside. One day, one of the friends introduced to the group his new permanent girl friend....Was a surprise...everyone but him had that girl in bed. After thinking for a while, the group decided to tell him about. He got upset, called everybody liars, and we never saw him again.

A while later he married the girl. Conclusion?

Edited by umbanda

Well to be honest I pity him but he must be a real fool. Just by looking at her you should know she is a tramp. The way she dresses, speaks, her attitude... I wouldn't get close to a girl like that in my life.

On the other hand, I would never have a long distance relationship, I think it is the stupidest thing you can do in love affairs. Each to their own, but love is something that works better when close to each other and more importantly comes by knowing the person you are with. It is not possible, even some fools think otherwise, to know somebody just by online contact and a few short real life meetings. When you chat online you are just showing the very best of you and you tell what you want. In a few short stayings together everything can be pink colored. It is when you are living with a person for a long time when you know what he/she really is and if it is worth of something.

So, I will never be in his shoes and if he loses everything in his life is not a surprise by acting like that.

As I stated clearly in the post, I already decided not to get involved but yes, you have a point and I pity him but I have nothing to win and quite to lose.

Of course there are discrete ways like sending him an email with a new address and pointing out the facts like "why she didn't show her body for some months" or "why is she so close to her so called niece" or "why you dont have any pictures of her in that time" but still I think it is not my business.

If this person is a friend of yours and assuming you are truly in possession of all relevant facts, it is at best cowardly to remain silent and at worst makes you part of the conspiracy of silence. A poor friend indeed. What is an "sb?

"sb" is not a commonly used acronym and could mean anything. But after reading the OP, I'd say it was meant to mean "sad bastard." But I could be wrong.

These stories are so common that I'm pretty much numb to them. But let's consider another perspective. He's happy. She's getting what she wants. What's the problem? Perhaps the only choices are for him to be happy living a lie, or be miserable knowing the truth. But you may say that it's only an illusion and temporary. Well heck, all of our lives are temporary. What if the guy dies in a couple of years due to health reasons. Why take away the happiest last few years of the poor guy's life?

Anyways, just offering another (unpopular, I'm sure) perspective.

• Like 1

What the guy would believe is irrelevant.

OP can only tell and it's other guy choice what he does with that information.

There are many what if's and there is no way to know what the outcome would be.

Exactly. The issue is not whether or not the guy, who is possibly a fool, or the woman, who is possibly a tramp, will respect you. The issue is whether you do the thing that allows you to respect yourself.

• Like 1

Tell your best friend the truth about his wife or gf, and you will become his biggest enemy.

We told a visitor once the baby could not be his as it was born under 8 months from his last visit, even he did not believe. Some people cannot deal with the truth.