Pop star Tata ties knot with long-time sweetheart

webfact

WEDDING
Pop star Tata ties knot with long-time sweetheart

The Nation

30239221-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Amita Tata Young, a much-loved Thai-American pop star, wed Chatadul "Mor" Seenapongpipit in a private ceremony on the beach in Phuket yesterday.

Businessman Chatadul reportedly proposed to her on May 25, and when the star's entourage was spotted on board a flight to Phuket, it became clear the couple were planning a private ceremony.

The newlyweds have yet to release an official statement, though Tata's manager said the couple would hold a press conference at Bangkok's Oriental Residence on Wireless Road tomorrow.

The 34-year-old star has been dating Chatadul on and off since they first met more than 15 years ago, and their latest hook-up became a sensation after Tata mentioned their relationship on a TV talk show.

"My ultimate dream is to become a mother. Motherhood is a miracle," she said on the show.

In 2008, the singer was briefly engaged to Prem Busarakamwong, the heir of Fairtex Boxing Gym, but they separated after dating for four years.

Tata broke into the Thai pop-music scene at the age of 14 and quickly became a national superstar. Her self-titled debut album came out in 1995 and broke records by selling a million copies in five months. After five studio albums with GMM Grammy, Tata signed on with Sony Music and entered the international music scene with "I Believe", followed by "Temperature Rising" in 2006 and "Ready for Love" in 2009.

Chatadul, who is a few years older, holds a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Liverpool and is the co-owner of Iguana Beach Bar in Phuket.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Pop-star-Tata-ties-knot-with-long-time-sweetheart-30239221.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-23

• Like 1

Didn't she get a massive sinsod in 2008, all shown off on TV? Was about 200m baht?

Made me feel sick as I was new here, and the idea of proudly sitting behind lots of cash and gold to show off how much you are worth made me well, nauseous.

• Like 1

From 2007:

Tata Young, the superstar of Thailand has engaged with Prame the son of the FairTex’s owner which is the biggest Thai boxing Center in Thailand. Prame, the fiance of Tata Young brought Sin-Sod (the money or property which groom has to pay for bride’s parents before getting married according to Thai culture) which costs about 100 million Baht. Sin-Sod also includes the share of Fairtex company.

I hope she gave the 100,000,000 baht back to the last guy.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

She is actually of the few "real" stars in Thailand amid a virtual sea of wannabees...!!

Sorry but she is yesterday's news.

Better to be a "Has Been " than "A Never Will Be"_

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

She is actually of the few "real" stars in Thailand amid a virtual sea of wannabees...!!

Sorry but she is yesterday's news.

Better to be a "Has Been " than "A Never Will Be"_

Yes, much better.

She must be thrilled to know that her next big paycheck will be for appearing on Celebrity Big Brother. biggrin.png

I first became aware of Tata Young when I started to take an interest in all things Thai following my first holiday in Thailand. I found an Australian website for an association promoting Thai culture and on it was the video of "Catch Me I'm Falling" or "Proong Nee Mai Sai".A catchy song which she recorded in both Thai and English that was a huge hit for her at the age of 14 (I think).

Her father was American and until he passed away about a year or so ago could be regularly found propping up a bar stool in Goldfingers bar in Patpong. A very nice guy. Had a drink with him a few times and without any prompting from me offered to send an autographed poster of Tata to my teenage daughter. True to his word it turned up in the mail about a Month later. A very nice guy.

• Like 1