Can you offer "Big Boy" a safe & secure home of his own?

Hi Gulfsailor, yes on the pictures he looks quite good. I too hate to see overweight dogs that are being killed with kindness. Unfortunately, you can feel every rib on him and for his height he needs a little extra bulk. He is quite protective with the other dogs over food, he tells them off and tries to get everything for himself. Thankfully he doesn't turn too aggressive with it, just needs to be monitored if eating in the same area as other dogs. I am sure this would change though if he had a home and regular meals available to him. He gets on well with other dogs and wants to be friends with them. He only gets dominant when there are females in heat around him (I am also currently trying to deal with that issue, but it's another story at the moment).

This is now URGENT!!!!!!!!

I have just been contacted by someone nearby to him who has been told by 2 Thai ladies that a Thai man has said he WILL kill him for chasing his bike. This is the guy I suspected would. He is on borrowed time.

BB can't you take him to dog rescue for a spell until a home is found?

I have removed him from the area (at the time wasn't really sure what I was going to do with him). Luckily a neighbour is back here at present and has taken him into his home. However he moves out in 2 weeks as he has rented out his house and then he goes back to Australia.

Tomorrow I will see about having him castrated.

Please, Please if anyone has space, he is good with other dogs as he has just prooved by licking the face of another dog, and is happy just to laze about after eating his food. He is not safe yet......I just bought him some extra time!

Edited by Rooo
  • Like 1

Some time back I looked into the costs of putting animals down by lethal injection. Depending on size (obviously) the cost ranges from 52 Baht for a small dog or cat to 87 Baht for a large dog such as an Alsatian. A staggering number of unwanted pets are abandoned to a harsh life on the streets and I for one would like to do something to put them out of their misery. I can source a chemical required from China that degrades quite quickly allowing the meat to be consumed safely by crocodiles at the few remaining farms on the island. As a not for profit operation it wouldn't generate any cash but it could be useful as a hobby or even a way of dealing with potential tourist visa issues.

That's marvellous news, notmyself. My hobby here is putting broke and bitter expats out of their misery, and with that fast acting chemical of yours we could feed the expat carcasses to all the starving street dogs. A touch of sugar would help with the bitterness?

your post = bitterness personified?

• Like 1

Some time back I looked into the costs of putting animals down by lethal injection. Depending on size (obviously) the cost ranges from 52 Baht for a small dog or cat to 87 Baht for a large dog such as an Alsatian. A staggering number of unwanted pets are abandoned to a harsh life on the streets and I for one would like to do something to put them out of their misery. I can source a chemical required from China that degrades quite quickly allowing the meat to be consumed safely by crocodiles at the few remaining farms on the island. As a not for profit operation it wouldn't generate any cash but it could be useful as a hobby or even a way of dealing with potential tourist visa issues.

I think you mean well but I'm not sure that "hobby" is a suitable word for killing animals, unless you find it an enjoyable pastime.

If the animals were given a choice I think a harsh life on the streets would be their preferable option.

Well done BB for caring! Hope you find a home for him.

Have to agree that hobby is not a good word to use.

The was a lady some time back on a Samui FB group who had managed to 'adopt' 2 pigs and 2 goats along with uite a number of cats and dogs. The owner of the property was not happy and demanded she get rid of them. I offered to take the 2 pigs on the understanding they would be eaten but she declined.

That's marvellous news, notmyself. My hobby here is putting broke and bitter expats out of their misery, and with that fast acting chemical of yours we could feed the expat carcasses to all the starving street dogs. A touch of sugar would help with the bitterness?

your post = bitterness personified?

I think mustafa was replying to a rather strange post by'not myself"..............maybe flippant/sarcastic!

• Like 1