Thai girls threatening/contemplating suicide

gray42

Thai girls do seem to mature slower, or maybe differently, than American girls.

IMHO, Thai girls stop maturing at about 17 years old, both physically and mentally. Then there is a 20 year or so 'treading water', Around 40 years old, they mature (physically) VERY FAST.

Mentally, they seem to get stuck at 17 years old....

• Like 1

Oldest trick in the book. Ignore her and get a new phone and move. Just emotional blackmail. If she kills herself it's her problem not yours.

Yeah. I have always wondered about that. If they wanted to kill themselves, they would be in the process of doing it. But because it is not so, they are just attention whores.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

You can't help but worry about them unless you have ice water running in your heart. This is however common with Thai girls. I had a thai gf who would cut her wrist every time we broke up... Even when she broke up with me... Never understood that one but it happened.

Be kind and play along a little. A day or two and they will find another guy to replace you :)

So I'm 1 for 3 on not-crazy. This is why I want to know how common this is with Thai girls.

This is absolutely not common among normal Thai girls. In fact, I'd say suicidal tendencies among Thai females would probably be equal to their western counterparts.

Now among Thai females who date farangs, the likelihood may be noticeably higher. Farangs typically have access to some real nutcases.

• Like 1

Please keep it serious.........

I'm trying, but I can't..........

Why this earth is populated with gullible people?

This is a standard, woman's reaction and lie from the beginning of mankind on earth.

Never once had this problem with American girls.

Maybe the American girls were happy to get rid of you.

As for the Thai girl, it is a reaction when the man she loves and plans her future with told her to get lost. She is probably very emotional, hurt, sad and upset. She'll get over it.

Most Thai women don't go and kill themselves over a man, just the FYI.

This is a standard, woman's reaction and lie from the beginning of mankind on earth.

Ex wife #2 is American, I had this problem many times. Even worse was when she was self harming as well.

It's not just a Thai thing, also not just a female thing.

Some people are emotionally unstable and unable to deal with the end of a relationship, others are manipulative and use this kind of thing to try and get back what they have lost.

Either way it's not something that's normal.

This act they use agaist you is very immature. My ex has tried this on me several times because she could not get her own way, but just brushed it off.

The scary thing here is there is a high suicide rate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

Thai Stats here: http://www.dmh.go.th/report/suicide/english/

BTW has she topped herself yet? If she hasn't it's not going to happen.

One of the great things about Thai girls is that they are incredibly caring towards their partner. This also means that they can get very emotional. The suicide comments are common and just part of the emotional reaction they have to breaking up. Its not a very mature reaction to the situation, and I would say mostly a harmless threat.

So many posters suggest to change phone number, block the person..etc... How cowardly is that? What a compassionate bunch we have on TV. Is it really that hard to be there emotionally for her and show her some attention? I don't suggest forever, but sometimes they need some time to heal.

Ex wife #2 is American, I had this problem many times. Even worse was when she was self harming as well.

Some people are emotionally unstable and unable to deal with the end of a relationship, others are manipulative and use this kind of thing to try and get back what they have lost.

Exactly. It's definitely not a normal thing and more often than not, it's associated with mental instability (scientific term: wacko). And most times, it has nothing to do with love. I can't imagine any guy falling for this sort of thing, but I guess some do. Any women threatening suicide is basically telling you in the most clear and concise way--I'm an irrational, looney person.

• Like 1

Exactly. It's definitely not a normal thing and more often than not, it's associated with mental instability (scientific term: wacko). And most times, it has nothing to do with love. I can't imagine any guy falling for this sort of thing, but I guess some do. Any women threatening suicide is basically telling you in the most clear and concise way--I'm an irrational, looney person.

I take it youre not a shrink.

Last month, while running along the canal, Bangkapi, I passed a young woman sitting by the rail crying. I jogged slowly by her, turning, looking, and also looking for any threats or problems around her- me. I continued. Later, when in returned she was still there, despondent. I asked if she needed help. (I know). I took a break to sit down nearby, but not too close. Basically, I'll sit with you. We didn't speak. A moment later she rises, pauses, hands me a telephone, and turns to jump in the water.

(I have a policy about situations like this: if a woman protests in a car "fine, let me out!" Hit the breaks and tell her "get the f---k out!") I snapped her wrist in my palm as she now dangled over the edge and an English voice said "hello." Now I started laughing. I was immediately impressed by how funny this was- because I don't really give a s--t. If someone wants to die it imposes no burden on me. "Where is she?" he added out of breathe. I pulled this fool back over while waiting the few minutes until some African man ran up to us. No, I didn't think any of it was meaningful, desperate, or remotely unnerving. It was hilarious, though. She throws herself into his arms crying.

I've seen this behavior in Latina women, and also Filipina. I think an earlier poster got it right when he said the woman will think "look at how much she loves me... but we think run!" BTW- the drop to the water is 1 meter and I don't think the canal is deep. Very amusing run.

It may well be a 'stunt' or a threat, but if anyone has suicidal ideation I would take it seriously.

How would any of you feel if a girlfriend went through with it, & died.

Many people 'attempt' suicide but don't mean it, then they suceed. They just want attention.

Statements like "you've broken my heart, I'll never love again" are the kind of things that some immature people say.

But Suicide....call up a relative, or friend, or talk her down.

• Like 1

It is unfortunately a manifestation of repressing feeling culturally and bloody soap operas normalising extreme behaviour.

This type of statement is far more common in Asia I believe.

I take it youre not a shrink.

I'm pretty sure none of us are.

Unfortunately the girls completely miscall our reaction to this kind of threat. They think that we will think " oh she loves me so much she would rather kill herself then be without me, what a lucky chap I am". But what we really think is "run, run , run"

I once had an imported Thai girlfriend in the UK and after a row and silence treatment, came back from work one day. She was very quiet and gave me a letter. She said if I die give this to her mum. It was written in a really weird brown ink, and then I noticed several cuts on her arms. Alarm bell started ringing and she flew home a week or so later with the promise that we would never again say goodbye at an airport. She took it as meaning we would marry and either I would move to Thailand or she would move to the UK. That wasn't what I meant. I have no idea what happened to her.

SDM

Oh

My

God.

• Like 1

i had a Thai girl like this, when i was young and green, She would say that she was going to kill herself, she use to self harm with a sharp blade on the backs of her arms, dozens of scars.I found out this is usual behavior of yabba takers. I tried for three years to turn her around, some times succeeding for a while but as soon as my back was turned she was back to her old self. so after three years, i walked away, she is now in Prison after she was set up by the Police, she use to sell drugs for the police. He confiscated them and passed them on to be sold. she took the wrap.

I haven't had millions of Thai gfs so I'm no expert on stats but my current gf, used to be married, when she found her husband was cheating, slashed her throat

So this one at least either followed up on her threat or just simply did it

Has a very noticeable scratch on her neck

That to me indicates mental illness or being rrally really hurt, I'm hoping it's the latter

If you really think she'll top herself take out a big insurance policy on her. Providing she doesn't top herself in the first year you're going to get a big payout.

Just to ease your grief of course.

If you really think she'll top herself take out a big insurance policy on her. Providing she doesn't top herself in the first year you're going to get a big payout.

I'm pretty certain that suicide renders a life policy null and void.

Sorry,

SDM

PS Are we a heartless bunch, or just older and wiser than those who think we are ?

I'm pretty certain that suicide renders a life policy null and void.

Sorry,

SDM

PS Are we a heartless bunch, or just older and wiser than those who think we are ?

Nope after the first year most policies allow suicide payouts.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Where is the manual/the script for "How to manage your relationship with a farang"? that these girls operate with? The number of times I hear my GF use phrases that are reported in TVF astounds me: "goodbye, I'm going to sleep forever now". I am now waiting for my newly ex-GF to start aiming for below the belt to punish me for dropping her (even though I have been entirely faithful for the duration of our relationship). Sadly predictable.

On 7/23/2014 at 5:33 PM, gray42 said:

I quite like living in this small town, but if she killed herself I'd have big, big problems. Most likely with her father, who hasn't wanted to meet his daughter's farang boyfriend in the 8 months we've been together. Anyway, as I replied to the person after you, I never had this problem with American girls. Maybe it's a maturity thing. Thai girls do seem to mature slower, or maybe differently, than American girls.

Western girls knows having more open minded view arther than Asian women ...you just need few pick up lines to start conversation with them, as for Thai girls this thing never happen ( BGs are out of context)  .i.e its easy for me to talk to Western girls at public places..even though i'm not pure farangs ( my father are mix dutch/spanish and my mom are chinese)  but it's take alot of more efforts to talk to Thai women, few BS chit chat etc..etc and then she can let you in.  Yes i agree Thai girls are slow mature and they're tend to avoid arguing on heavy conversation , this happen to 6-7 Thai women i know including my gal... maybe its just they way the are (mai pin rai culture )..everyone has Pros and Cons..just dont take it as problem but as  a challenge...just my 2 cents