July 23, 201412 yr I lost or misplaced my departure card, any problem that i have to encounter on the date of my departure?
July 23, 201412 yr I do not if this would apply to leaving as well, but my wife lost her card from her passport when we were outside of Thailand. We always carry spares with us, and next time we entered she explained to the immigration officer who said it was not a problem, and just accepted the new card. I presume if the passport is the same then they will have the details on the computer. Good luck
July 23, 201412 yr Are you here just as a shorttime tourist and just coming and than leaving? In that case nobody cares about that at all .People have NEVER asked for that card. It is being used in connection of 90 days reports and extensions etc at tge immigration-office, and you do not do neither.. Dont worry about it.. if you are a normal tourist that is.. Glegolo
July 23, 201412 yr Popular Post If you are leaving you can get a new card from the agent at check in for your flight. Fill it out and give it to the immigration officer. People loose them all the time.
July 23, 201412 yr Just get a new one upon exit, I've lost one several times before as well, no problem.
July 24, 201412 yr As stated, just fill in a new one. Happened to me last year. The immigration officer asked me about the new one, so I explained. He smiled and just crossed off the number on the card and wrote something on it. No fuss, no muss, no problem.
July 24, 201412 yr When we arrived in Thailand over five years ago for retirement, I had no idea that flimsy little departure card would be so important. I managed to lose it before I even went thru Immigration at Swampy. I didn't think I needed it -- after all, I was ARRIVING into Thailand, not leaving! I left it behind on the airplane. The Immigration officer looked really annoyed and produced a new one, wrote some numbers on it and stapled it into my passport. I had no idea how important that flimsy little card, held into my passport by one little staple, is. It's needed every time I do a 90 day report or visa extension.
Create an account or sign in to comment