spouse extension with ED Visa

You could get a 60 day extension to visit you child.

To get a longer extension you would have to have your parenthood legitimized. See How To Gain Parental Rights As A Father

You can also get a single entry non-o with only your name on the birth certificate. After legitimization you could get a multiple entry non-o visa.

Thanks for the reply.

But that I am holding an Non Imm ED visa right now is no problem? I can extend this to visit my child?

You can get the 60 day extension for any type of entry.

Assuming you have an extension of stay from immigration (it is not a visa) you may need a letter from the school stating you are no longer studying to have the extension canceled before you can get the 60 day extension.

• 1 month later...

Just want to update. Immigration denied the 60 days extension based on having a thai child with birth certificate and tambien baan stating me as father. I entered Thailand on november 2013 and stayed with 3x ED visa extensions runs out and in a few days I have to leave the country. Reason of denying is that I have a different visa class and cannot extend the stay of having a Thai child. Immigration officers also asks why I even had an ED visa if I have a child and why I decided to use my son now as visa reason (yes pretty mean question) . I told that I wanted to study the language (with good success by they way) and I this was the proper visa for what I was doing in Thailand. He told me that many foreigners abuse ED visa and don't attend to school so he also was suspicious if I really go to school.

Right now I am in the process of getting full parental rights of my child through court. This will probably take around 2 months. Yesterday I got a proof of the court that my case is in process and I hope if I go to immigration again with this proof that I can get my 60 days extension.

I thought already if this doesn't work that I could at least exit and enter the country as tourist but my guess is that this is right now not possible anymore because of tourist visa crackdown and because I was staying already for nearly 10 months in the country that they will deny entry. GF is already worried now that I have to leave the country for a few weeks or even months until I get the full parental rights.

There is no requirement for any visa to get the 60 day extension. Was that an immigration officer at a counter or desk that turned you down or was it one in a supervisory position?

If you end up needing to get a visa I suggest you go out and get a single entry non-o visa. You can get one with just your name on the birth certificate and a copy of you child's house book.

The are no rule changes would stop you from getting a visa or even a visa exempt entry.

There is no requirement for any visa to get the 60 day extension. Was that an immigration officer at a counter or desk that turned you down or was it one in a supervisory position?

If you end up needing to get a visa I suggest you go out and get a single entry non-o visa. You can get one with just your name on the birth certificate and a copy of you child's house book.

The are no rule changes would stop you from getting a visa or even a visa exempt entry.

So even with court letter as proof that I my case is real my extension was denied. The officer told me that it is not possible to get an spouse visit extension if I amalready on a student visa extension. Finish.. I don't know what position he has but he discussed it with some other colleagues and then came back with the decision.

He told me to go outside of Thailand and quickly come back with a tourist visa and then come back to immigration and he can will give me the 60 days extension. Word and blow... drove to Nong Khai Border and exit the country and re-enter. I had a long discussion with the officer at the Thai entry border he was very straight and told me that he just want to give me 7 days even if I normally should get 30 days. After showing him court letters and birth certificate and house book copies he gave me the 30 days. He also told me that soon cases like this will not tolerated anymore and I can't come back as a tourist.

I know if I leave the country I can get a Non-O single entry visa for 90 days. But my situation is very complicated. My GF is working and also going to college and I have to take care of our child.

So even with court letter as proof that I my case is real my extension was denied. The officer told me that it is not possible to get an spouse visit extension if I amalready on a student visa extension. Finish.. I don't know what position he has but he discussed it with some other colleagues and then came back with the decision.

He told me to go outside of Thailand and quickly come back with a tourist visa and then come back to immigration and he can will give me the 60 days extension. Word and blow... drove to Nong Khai Border and exit the country and re-enter. I had a long discussion with the officer at the Thai entry border he was very straight and told me that he just want to give me 7 days even if I normally should get 30 days. After showing him court letters and birth certificate and house book copies he gave me the 30 days. He also told me that soon cases like this will not tolerated anymore and I can't come back as a tourist.

I know if I leave the country I can get a Non-O single entry visa for 90 days. But my situation is very complicated. My GF is working and also going to college and I have to take care of our child.

Bad luck, you ran straight into two officers with the wrong understanding of the rules, especially the one at immigration. You may want to mention which office it is.