Help with a Photo

David48

Help with a Photo (or two).

I have some twin boys, they are providing some magic moments.

But all the photos are taken with a camera phone and the background gets distracting.

I run an old computer on XP and don't have the fancy software nor the skill set.

If one or two kind people have the time, any chance of 'improving' the photo?

I'll kick it off with the post below.

Thanks in Advance ... thumbsup.gif

I don't know what you need so I'll give two different things, tell me if you need more.

20140721_104137LR_zpsd8640905.jpg

Here is the link to the high rez version on PhotoBucket - http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b489/MoDavidTH/2%20TWINS/20140721_104137_hires_zpsb2490e44.jpg

Great 'in the moment' photo, lousy and visable background ... facepalm.gif

Do you tone down the background?

Leave it as it is?

I have no idea.

• Like 1

It's a tough one to do, good photo though, never realized your avatar was your children, bet them 2 give you some joy

I had a quick go, looks unnatural but I haven't got time at the moment...just used Alien Skin Bokeh on 2 duplicate layers and masked bits out, don't like the dark background but.......Hey ho and what not. might give it a go another time.

• Like 2

David48, on 24 Jul 2014 - 03:37, said:

I don't know what you need so I'll give two different things, tell me if you need more.

Here is the link to the high rez version on PhotoBucket - http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b489/MoDavidTH/2%20TWINS/20140721_104137_hires_zpsb2490e44.jpg

Great 'in the moment' photo, lousy and visable background ... facepalm.gif

Do you tone down the background?

Leave it as it is?

I have no idea.

I really like the photo AS IT IS. Depth of field is great, in my mind.

Make the background BLACK, not for me, as you take away life and then place your twins in a darkened room with all of the ghosts hidden behind them? No, not for me, sorry,

However, saying that, if you take a shot of a flower and then made the background BLACK like is

large.jpg

That's works for me, but surely not with your twin boys. whistling.gif

Win facepalm.gif

P.S. I am an odd sort, by the way.w00t.gif

• Like 1

That's a very cool baby photo, David.smile.png

There the are!smile.png

14736866102_45039c098e_o.jpg

well done - good crop ! simple, direct, get the essence of the subject(s) explicitly, no more, no less !

EDIT : deleted the original picture.

Edited by ETatBKK

Seeing as to how David has started this topic I would like to ask those who know about PP what they can do with the following photos.

These are straight off the card, taken on a heavy overcast day at extreme zoom.

I have played with them a little in photoscape just enough to ID the bird as a Grey headed Woodpecker but I would like to see what someone who knows how to use PP properly can do, me I'm to lazy.

post-12069-0-06609000-1406284832_thumb.j post-12069-0-50956200-1406284868_thumb.j

Edited by Robby nz

My contribution...albeit with the lad on the left his nose (our view) is a bit hot.

That's very impressive work, sunshine. I like the overall smootheness/clarity combination and your delicate changes between light intensities.

I can learn from that.