finding medications in Chiang Mai

mkjones2660

I take Mirapex for restless leg syndrome. I have tried Boots pharmacy and Wilson's (I think that is the name of it) and neither carry it. Does anyone on here take this medication or similar Parkinson's medications and know where to get it. Can't sit still for more then a minute without this drug.

mkjones -- sounds like you visited Boots and Watson's in a mall. They really aren't well stocked pharmacies. If you were at Kad Suan Kaew, try Pharma Choice II in the basement, near the blue food court -- the one with the piano.

There's a better pharmacy inside Thapae Gate, Pheera Pharmacy, it's across from Hotel M, a couple doors down from Black Canyon Coffee as you walk from the gate toward the mountain. The lady who runs it is very knowledgeable and could tell you an equivalent drug if Mirapex isn't available in Thailand.

Excellent suggestion! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The road that runs from the moat to Wararat market has a few well stocked pharmacies on the left hand side just before the market... But my favorite pharmacy in PharmaChoice on Sutep road across the street from the hospital...

The largest pharmacy I know is in Suteph rd it is the CMU pharmacy.  It has or can get everything that is legal.

they actually have very little in stock and need to order almost everything. also their prices are considerably higher than most pharmacies.

Also

Wattanaosott Pharmacy,182 ChateonmuangRoad. Go over Nararat bridge away from the city.First set of traffic lights,10 metres on the right.He speaks good English and I have found he undercuts most other pharmacies.The phone number is 053-241430.

I used him Monday to check out my medication

He knows his stuff

Suthep Rd., Soi 3, about 300m off Suthep, next to the 7-11...large Pharmacy, great staff.  Also, the one next to the 7-11 by CMU back gate re-opened, and while it is on the small side, the short girl with glasses seems to be smarter and speak better English than quite a few physicians that I have encountered in the US.

Pharmacology is on par with Dental in CM; both excellent.  Different countries sell different drugs....a visit to www.drugs.com can be of great help.  If you are armed with information before you go to the doctor or pharmacy; it is always better...in any country.

Suthep Rd., Soi 3, about 300m off Suthep, next to the 7-11...large Pharmacy, great staff.  Also, the one next to the 7-11 by CMU back gate re-opened, and while it is on the small side, the short girl with glasses seems to be smarter and speak better English than quite a few physicians that I have encountered in the US.
Pharmacology is on par with Dental in CM; both excellent.  Different countries sell different drugs....a visit to www.drugs.com can be of great help.  If you are armed with information before you go to the doctor or pharmacy; it is always better...in any country.

As much as it pains me to admit this, this is the second time I've agreed with Thighlander. Yes, the dentists and pharmacists in Chiang Mai are great. Actually, more available and helpful than what I remember from the U.S.

• 2 weeks later...
My Dr near Tesco lotus called around and found it for me. She carries some I. Her office too and is going to order what I need. Office visit and all my meds only cost me 35.00 US. Would have been 100.00 for the office visit and 250.00 for meds in the US. I LOVE Thailand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sifrol works quickly and very well.  RLS (Restless Legs Syndrome).  PharmaChoice on Irrigation Canal Road.

And if they don't carry in stock they will order pretty well any product in for you,very pleasant young lady pharmacist. Another branch next to Klaimor Hospital and a few others around town I believe.

If we're going to list every pharmacy in Chiang Mai, this thread could beat the 'Rain' thread for length.

My favourite is on Mahidol Road, eastbound, just before the Don Chan intersection, corner of the 2nd entrance to the market. One of the ladies in there knows more than half the docs in Thailand.