Registration papers of totalled cars to be invalid immediately

webfact

"This misuse has been detected recently".........

Probably been going on for years.....it's just that Thai officials in the Land Transport Department are dopey and couldn't care less......until now, their ineptness is exposed!

This misuse has been detected recently,

They must have been sleeping. I was made aware of this ongoing practice a few days after my arrival in Thailand, almost 2 decades ago.

Correct, two decades ago is recent to the govt as the wheels of Thai bureaucracy turn very slowly except every 6 to 8 years during the periodic military coup when the wheels spin quickly for a year or so...then the wheels return to their barely perceptual slow turning.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 2

This misuse has been detected recently,

They must have been sleeping. I was made aware of this ongoing practice a few days after my arrival in Thailand, almost 2 decades ago.

Correct, two decades ago is recent to the govt as the wheels of Thai bureaucracy turn very slowly except every 6 to 8 years during the periodic military coup when the wheels spin quickly for a year or so...then the wheels return to their barely perceptual slow turning.

So business as usual on many fronts next year if the country is returned to civilian rule ?

Harold Wilson, a former British PM, said " a week's a long time in politics " so what's the thought of another year doing to all the poor, downtrodden politicians who can only sit and dream ?

I wondered why my red Ferrari has a big dent under the front left-side of the fender. sad.png

And why the registration papers for it says green Volkswagen Beetle instead of red Ferrari.....But the seller told "don't worry".

Knowing that there are so many accidents, I have never actually seen a scrap yard / recycle yard for the remains of the vehicles involved.

Looking at some of the pickup trucks " crabbing " along the road, I know why

They smash them to pieces, and a week later the death traps are back on the roads to kill and maim again.

• Like 1