Thaksin united with his sister

webfact

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would question whether Yingluck really is his sister. Niece may be nearer the mark, perhaps?

IMO,first you're right, second you're wrong. There were those 'rumours' coming from ChiangMai that she is his daughter. I considered the info I became around it to be so convincing that I started to believe it's true, IMO that is.

OMG! - a photo of ALL the elected Prime Ministers of Thailand from this century!

and?

...and if and when a completely free vote is returned to the country perhaps the next two PMs also... smile.png

You mean more farmers are going to commit suicide? Please give them a break.

• Like 1

What's the problem? Two prime minsters removed from office by coups.

So lets not be rude.

Ignoring the fact she resigned BEFORE the coup.

It did remove her from the Defense Minister position,

but she was no longer PM.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

...and if and when a completely free vote is returned to the country perhaps the next two PMs also... smile.png

People who make statements like the above aren't as smart as they think they are.

Since one is already a convicted criminal and the other one potentially, the Prime Minister of Thailand would seem out of reach for these two. And thank Buddha for that.

I qualified my statement above by specifying "a completely free vote". If some potential candidates are prohibited from running then that's not completely free, is it?

How many countries in the world do you know that allow criminal fugitives to stand for election to parliament / government?

A completely free vote - so that includes allowing anyone on the run from convictions or outstanding court cases to stand in your unique world view? If elected would you give them immunity so they can return and ignore their crimes or would they have to participate through Skype and social media?

Smart, more like Pure Genius! facepalm.gifwhistling.gif

Bet her first words to him were, "Right <deleted> mess you got me into Brother"

His reply "Never mind, did you manage to fill your cases with the goodies Love"

Edited by metisdead
Attempt at circumventing the profanity filter corrected.
  • Like 1

How many countries in the world do you know that allow criminal fugitives to stand for election to parliament / government?

A completely free vote - so that includes allowing anyone on the run from convictions or outstanding court cases to stand in your unique world view? If elected would you give them immunity so they can return and ignore their crimes or would they have to participate through Skype and social media?

Smart, more like Pure Genius! facepalm.gifwhistling.gif

If you'd quit your bare boxing long enough to stick your head out the window wink.png you might know that just before Yingluck dissolved her government she was trying to get through a "reconciliation" bill which would have set aside all politically-suspect judgments such as the one against Thaksin. That effort in fact is said to have been the catalyst that prompted the Yellow Shirt walkout. Many Yellow Shirts have charges pending against them too. Mind you I'm not saying Thaksin and his Red Shirt cohorts are not guilty of corruption. I leave that to the courts to decide; but I am saying that if they are, they are not alone. Just as history is written by the victors so are corruption charges pursued by changes in government - especially here in Thailand.

So no, I am not suggesting that the law be changed regarding the ineligibility of convicted felons to to participate in the government. I am suggesting that if a reconciliation bill, or something like that, is enacted politicians like Thaksin and Abhisit might one day regain their right to run for office. And if that happened I'm saying that - IMO - Thaksin and the Red Shirts is still the favorite of the majority of Thai voters.

I'll ask you again, why do you think otherwise? What have you seen, heard or read that makes you think if an election were held today that the Red Shirts would not win again?

Edited by billsmart
  • Like 2

Interesting barrage from the gullible on this page. The current Telecoms scam, since the coup, dwarfs anything these two may have done. It's being discussed offshore, just not here (google is your friend if you put down that chang).

I Googled " The current Telecoms scam in thailand" and nothing can up. Can I assume the good general has swept out the trash on this one?

• Like 2