Thaksin united with his sister

webfact

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG! - a photo of ALL the elected Prime Ministers of Thailand from this century!

and?

...and if and when a completely free vote is returned to the country perhaps the next two PMs also... smile.png
again. Hot air and no substance from you. Bill WHAT????

Officially, her trip lasts until 10 August. Two of the suitcases contain clothes and accessories for herself and her son. The other 10 are probably filled to the brim with Mama noodles, as no respectable Thai person seems to be able to survive without a plentiful supply when abroad.

On the other hand, she might have planned that her trip may be longer than anticipated, because she might suddenly come down with a hitherto unknown flu strain and won't be able to travel back home on advice of her French doctor.

Serious? What are you smoking?

...and if and when a completely free vote is returned to the country perhaps the next two PMs also... smile.png

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I'm simply stating that IMO if the people of Thailand were free to vote for whomever they wanted one of these two would win a general election. Do you think otherwise? If so, why?

Yes, I do. First I think they are not that stupid.

Second now it looks information is becoming available to them that would help them to an make adult decisions.

If they still get brainwashed or cannot absorb neutral information (god forbid) - may be you are right

• Like 1

OMG! - a photo of ALL the elected Prime Ministers of Thailand from this century!

and?

you see my comment is quite smart......but yours isn't.

Smart? Any fool can claim that. But you are deluding yourself.

Edited by dru2

A post containing foreign language has been removed as well as the replies. Remember, this is an English language forum, except for the Thai language forum where Thai is allowed. And a slanderous post has been removed as well.

A family tradition continues. Does anyone really think she'll return to Thailand for trial?

There is no benefit to Thailand in either of them standing trial or being convicted. Thaksin (and therefore presumably his sister) still enjoy a considerable level of support in some parts of the country. Supporters that will be ready to use violence to protest their case. What Thailand needs, far more than any missing cash, is a period of peace and stability. Let them swan off round the world and make money there are millions of other unscrupulous capatalists doing this already and two more are not going to make a difference. The more important thing is to give enough time for people to forget who they were.

Now is the time to start increasing tax on the wealthier people in Thailand to improve the lot of ordinary people - will it happen - no of course it won't because politicians would likely be the first to have to pay higher taxes.

A post containing hyperbolic comparisons to Hitler and Goebbels has been removed. Another post containing comments which could be construed as being negative about the imposition of Martial Law or the Coup has been removed as well as a reply.

Nice to see bro and sis re- united, brings a tear to my eyes.Lets all remember the good she did, and not the bad, i forgive you if i was thai.. but it does not affect me and i cannot vote so good luck Yingluk, be happy.thumbsup.gifwai2.gifcheesy.gif

Hi Bernard,

Nice post, could you please explain to us "all the good she did", as I am at a loss as to exactly what that might have been. Cheers

• Like 1

and?

...and if and when a completely free vote is returned to the country perhaps the next two PMs also...
'Elected', 'free vote'? lol, some folk truly are confused about how it works here.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Nice to see bro and sis re- united, brings a tear to my eyes.Lets all remember the good she did, and not the bad, i forgive you if i was thai.. but it does not affect me and i cannot vote so good luck Yingluk, be happy. alt=thumbsup.gif> wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20> cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

Hi Bernard,

Nice post, could you please explain to us "all the good she did", as I am at a loss as to exactly what that might have been. Cheers

Let's see, hmmm, 'all the good she did' Let me think, would that include;

>>> undoing environmental protection for streams, rivers and watersheds?

>>> trying desperately to get a passport for, and all legal charges dropped against her brother?

>>> trying to push through a 2.2 trillion baht speedo train to accommodate Chinese commerce?

....or maybe some other good.

• Like 1

I see in this picture two humans that are close to each other and embracing with real joy; It is sad though that these two have inflicted so much suffering on the Thai people who put their faith in them.,

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

...and if and when a completely free vote is returned to the country perhaps the next two PMs also...

Thailand has always had a completely free vote. You may write in any one you wish. It doesn't get any fairer than that.thumbsup.gif

I don't know I can't see her face in the photo - perhaps the photographer can try harder next time?

He was to busy photo shopping Thaksin's face.

I may be wrong but I don't recall hearing any thing about Thaksin getting a face lift.tongue.png

and?

Smart? Any fool can claim that. But you are deluding yourself.

I am shocked that any one would make such an obviously false statement in print.

Some people just loose all common sense when they sit down with an anonymous key board.wai.gif

Nice to see the supporters of democracy are out in force!! cheesy.gif

You mean the supporters who support accountability?

People who support accountability comprise most of Thailand. People who support corruption support the Shinawatra clan.

Not hard to figure out. All the corrupt money didn't go into their pocketed some of it was shared with bidders on various projects.whistling.gif

and?

Get your self an English dictionary and look up the word ridicules in it. You will then know the true value of your statement.

Always glad to help out a needy person.wai.gif

How many countries in the world do you know that allow criminal fugitives to stand for election to parliament / government?

A completely free vote - so that includes allowing anyone on the run from convictions or outstanding court cases to stand in your unique world view? If elected would you give them immunity so they can return and ignore their crimes or would they have to participate through Skype and social media?

Smart, more like Pure Genius! facepalm.gifwhistling.gif

If you'd quit your bare boxing long enough to stick your head out the window wink.png you might know that just before Yingluck dissolved her government she was trying to get through a "reconciliation" bill which would have set aside all politically-suspect judgments such as the one against Thaksin. That effort in fact is said to have been the catalyst that prompted the Yellow Shirt walkout. Many Yellow Shirts have charges pending against them too. Mind you I'm not saying Thaksin and his Red Shirt cohorts are not guilty of corruption. I leave that to the courts to decide; but I am saying that if they are, they are not alone. Just as history is written by the victors so are corruption charges pursued by changes in government - especially here in Thailand.

So no, I am not suggesting that the law be changed regarding the ineligibility of convicted felons to to participate in the government. I am suggesting that if a reconciliation bill, or something like that, is enacted politicians like Thaksin and Abhisit might one day regain their right to run for office. And if that happened I'm saying that - IMO - Thaksin and the Red Shirts is still the favorite of the majority of Thai voters.

I'll ask you again, why do you think otherwise? What have you seen, heard or read that makes you think if an election were held today that the Red Shirts would not win again?

I think you made a mistake. You said

If you'd quit your bare boxing long enough to stick your head out the window 20x20xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.HJgPQ3U3SA.p you might know that just before Yingluck dissolved her government she was trying to get through a "reconciliation"

The fact of the matter is you are trying to rewrite history. And falling flat on your face.

Here is the truth

If you'd quit your bare boxing long enough to stick your head out the window 20x20xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.HJgPQ3U3SA.p you might know that just before Yingluck dissolved her government she was trying to get through a whitewash bill for her brother.thumbsup.gif

People who make statements like the above aren't as smart as they think they are.

Since one is already a convicted criminal and the other one potentially, the Prime Minister of Thailand would seem out of reach for these two. And thank Buddha for that.

I qualified my statement above by specifying "a completely free vote". If some potential candidates are prohibited from running then that's not completely free, is it?

So, what if a potential candidate is only one potentially, but due to unfortunate circumstances like being in jail serving a sentence, is by law prohibited to run, than if it's not 'a completely free vote', it would be just that in almost all countries. As such that would make your statement a bit pedantic and/or irrelevant, now wouldn't it?

How many countries in the world do you know that allow criminal fugitives to stand for election to parliament / government?

A completely free vote - so that includes allowing anyone on the run from convictions or outstanding court cases to stand in your unique world view? If elected would you give them immunity so they can return and ignore their crimes or would they have to participate through Skype and social media?

Smart, more like Pure Genius! facepalm.gifwhistling.gif

If you'd quit your bare boxing long enough to stick your head out the window wink.png you might know that just before Yingluck dissolved her government she was trying to get through a "reconciliation" bill which would have set aside all politically-suspect judgments such as the one against Thaksin. That effort in fact is said to have been the catalyst that prompted the Yellow Shirt walkout. Many Yellow Shirts have charges pending against them too. Mind you I'm not saying Thaksin and his Red Shirt cohorts are not guilty of corruption. I leave that to the courts to decide; but I am saying that if they are, they are not alone. Just as history is written by the victors so are corruption charges pursued by changes in government - especially here in Thailand.

So no, I am not suggesting that the law be changed regarding the ineligibility of convicted felons to to participate in the government. I am suggesting that if a reconciliation bill, or something like that, is enacted politicians like Thaksin and Abhisit might one day regain their right to run for office. And if that happened I'm saying that - IMO - Thaksin and the Red Shirts is still the favorite of the majority of Thai voters.

I'll ask you again, why do you think otherwise? What have you seen, heard or read that makes you think if an election were held today that the Red Shirts would not win again?

No way they would ever win again since the poor have seen that they were tricked and nobody wants to be even associated with the color red again. They are ashamed and embarrassed and have moved on. People have wiped the red slate clean and are starting over with an open mind to others now, the Shins are the past only, never to be the present or future in this country again.