Meditation And The Psyche

meadish_sweetball

The International Meditation Club of Bangkok is presenting a series of symposiums titled 'The Psychodynamics of Meditation' in Bangkok on Wednesday evenings 7pm at the Tara Hotel, Sukhumvit soi 26 (BTS Phrom Phong station). Starting date is Wednesday July 12th.

Their blurb says:

Each week the symposiums will go into great detail about the psychodynamics of the mind drawing from Buddhist Suttas, psychology, and other approaches where applicable. Admission is free of charge.

I gather it is a Western monk who will be leading it for the first few weeks.

For more information, call 01 622 4507 or contact intlmedclub.org

Interesting, looks like part of the 'how to get enlightened while keeping the BMW' school of Buddhism. I've heard a bit about this group, as they have done corporate consulting in Bangkok, and the TAT was keen to push the group's line a couple of years ago when I was asked to write an article on Buddhism for the TAT's website.

Interesting, looks like part of the 'how to get enlightened while keeping the BMW' school of Buddhism. I've heard a bit about this group, as they have done corporate consulting in Bangkok, and the TAT was keen to push the group's line a couple of years ago when I was asked to write an article on Buddhism for the TAT's website.

one of the mahayana schools? :o

:D:D

Hey if you are going to Englightenment would you rather go in a BMW or a Thairung? :D

Hey if you are going to Englightenment would you rather go in a BMW or a Thairung? :D

The common belief is that you need a raft....not a car.

When your on the path a 'great vehicle' is generally better. :D

When your on the path a 'great vehicle' is generally better. :D

A raft is a great vehicle for staying afloat in a flood.