Bang saen or Bangkok?

Moving to Bkk in two weeks. Have to find a place suitable for 2 & 3 year old kids (and parents obviously).

Considering Bang Saen (Chonburi)
or suburbs of Bangkok. eg. Bang Na, Bangkapi, Nonthaburi, even out towards Nakhon Pathom.

Any suggestions or experiences? Has to be house with yard for kids to run wild...

thanks in advance.

Renting or buying?

Whats your budget?

Will either parent have to commute to work?

Have you considered childrens schooling in a few years.

Personally I quite like Bang Saen, others may consider it too quiet or provincial.

You will definitely find what you are looking for in Bang Na.

Bang Kapi, you are probably better looking at places on Ramkhamhaeng Rd up near Perfect Place, about soi 166 if I remember.

Nonthaburi and Nakon Pathom, well I wouldnt live there, better areas available.

It all comes down to budget.

Thanks for the reply.

Hoping to spend around 25000/month. Is this reasonable? I will likely be working on east side, maybe chonburi, in 6 months time. We have to consider school for the kids and other things such as hospitals. Nakhon Pathom was only considered due to some friends of my wife, who is thai, living there. Having lived there myself in the past, I am not keen to live there again!

I haven't been to Bang Saen, so will have to check it out when we arrive. Otherwise Bang Na sounds like the best bet.

You say working on the east side, is that some place like Amata?

If so I wouldnt rule out Pattaya for a commute and it has everything you are looking for.

Bang Na ticks all the boxes, houses you are looking for, close to outer ring road/express way, schools, shopping etc.

Your best bet is to do a search on ddproperty, it has an English site, 25/30k per month seems to be the entry point.

http://www.ddproperty.com/en/property/3-bedroom-detached-house-in-bang-na-bangkok-1098308

http://www.ddproperty.com/en/property/3-bedroom-detached-house-in-bang-na-bangkok-1116950

• Like 1

Thanks to all those who have replied. I have spent a reasonable amount of time in BKK, but not a lot in suburbs so far.

Si Racha  might be a bit far from Bangkok, but will check it out along with other areas mentioned. I think On Nut may be a little too expensive, but Lat Krabang and Rom Klao are now on the list!

Thanks again.