THAI maps up 3-year rehab plan

webfact

I live in Khon Kean and fly overseas around 4-5 times a year, I use Thai for my trip to Swampy from Khon Kaen, Thai use Thai Smile now from Khon Kaen but the prices are the same as when they used Thai so what happened to this budget air line Thai created Ha Ha.

Having to go into Don Meuang and then having to get to Swampy will piss me off goodo. I will use Air Asia and save more than enough to get a taxi to Swampy, what a stupid idea.

Thai Smile have an ace up their sleeve using Swampy and getting premium ticket rates for this budget airline if they change a great deal of their passengers will move to Air Asia.

Thai Air have to work on their international flight prices number 1. Last month I went to UK for a visit and used Emirates it was quite a few thousand baht cheaper and 30kg luggage. I live in New Zealand and before I always use Thai but from around 3-4 years back I changed to Quantas 35,000baht compared to 45,000 for Thai.

Going back to NZ in December with my wife Thai over 45,000 Quantas 36,000 who did I book with, Quantas also better modern planes than Thais old 777's with seats as hard as wood and arriving to late to get a connection to Khon Kaen Quantas is perfect..

so move to where the competition is CHEAPER & BETTER with more modern aircraft, but still using HIGHER prices with lower quality

that really will work

and projection of a serious increase in revenue & profits, all aircraft companies are wishing that ...

sweet dreams thai, maybe it is time to put you asleep

on the other hand... a business idea : BAN ALL FOREIGN AIRLINES

only thai is allowed to fly in & out of thailand ...

would that not STEAL BACK all the previous costumers with brains that left for cheaper airlines ?

Edited by belg
  • Like 1

THAI aims for better in business revival plan

THAI-plane-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thai Airways International's three-year business revival plan with focus on cost cutting, generating higher revenues, and early retirement offer has received initial approval by the National Council for Peace and Order's economic affairs chief, acting THAI president Air Chief Marshal Siwakiat Jayema said Thursday.

He said the rehabilitation plan was initially approved by ACM Prajin Juntong, and would next enter improvement process before submitting to the Transport Ministry for consideration on July 28, and to the NCPO for final approval, possibly in early August.

ACM Siwakiat said highlight of the plan is cost cutting, particularly rerouting unprofitable routes, and early retirement programme for some 900 staff members.

Flight frequencies on routes with low load factors would be lowered to save money, he said.

THAI will also undergo corporate image change of being a premium airline to super premium airline while its staff will be given more efficiency training courses on customer services so as to attract more customers to use THAI services.

This involves on-board services, starting with first class, as part of its aim to become a “super premium” carrier while its lounge at Suvarnabhumi airport will be refurbished, he said.

Air ticket prices may have to be adjusted slightly to be same as other equivalent service of other airlines, and will also concentrate more on regional destinations such as China which is a major market, he said.

For other cost-cutting measure planned by the national carrier, early retirement to 900 staff members will be offered, but for those who are in inactive positions or are undergoing medical treatment, he said.

For next year, ACM Siwakiat said THAI may relocate the operation of its subsidiary Thai Smile Air from Suvarnabhumi airport to Don Mueang which will result in more passengers for the subsidiary carrier, while reaffirming that Thai Smile will remain a light premium airline and will surely not enter into competition with low-cost airlines.

He said THAI will talk with Nok Air in the rerouting plan to avoid overlapping each other.

But chief executive officer of Nok Air, Patee Sarasin, said relocating Thai Smile Air would damage THAI as it could affect the parent airline’s connecting flights.
He added that it would be difficult to get approval for this plan.

The rehabilitation plan will submitted to the ministry on Monday to be scrutinised by the military’s ruling National Council for Peace and Order afterwards.

The airline reported a loss of 12 billion bah in 2013 and continued in the red in the first quarter of this year.

According to ACM Siwakiat, THAI’s board of directors has approved establishing a special team to oversee the rehabilitation plan and business strategies.

But he said THAI hoped to see better results by the third quarter of next year. However, results would remain in the red this year and next.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thai-aims-better-business-revival-plan/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-25

Hello Thai Smile Airlines CEO

Don't you get it Read the posts and see what your real problem is. If you do not have a vote of confidence from the traveling public then you will not succeed

Just read what people are posting they are honest about what the problems are

Quit kidding yourself that people will pay higher prices They will not

• Like 1

Why can't THAI really sells their tickets via the internet, just like others.

They do have a online site now, what only quote super high cost flight. 90% of THAI tickets are still sold via agents. Agency are mostly granted to the relatives of people who have connections.

I buy my tickets to Australia with Thai on the net.....no problems at all...

I live in Khon Kean and fly overseas around 4-5 times a year, I use Thai for my trip to Swampy from Khon Kaen, Thai use Thai Smile now from Khon Kaen but the prices are the same as when they used Thai so what happened to this budget air line Thai created Ha Ha.

Having to go into Don Meuang and then having to get to Swampy will piss me off goodo. I will use Air Asia and save more than enough to get a taxi to Swampy, what a stupid idea.

Thai Smile have an ace up their sleeve using Swampy and getting premium ticket rates for this budget airline if they change a great deal of their passengers will move to Air Asia.

Thai Air have to work on their international flight prices number 1. Last month I went to UK for a visit and used Emirates it was quite a few thousand baht cheaper and 30kg luggage. I live in New Zealand and before I always use Thai but from around 3-4 years back I changed to Quantas 35,000baht compared to 45,000 for Thai.

Going back to NZ in December with my wife Thai over 45,000 Quantas 36,000 who did I book with, Quantas also better modern planes than Thais old 777's with seats as hard as wood and arriving to late to get a connection to Khon Kaen Quantas is perfect..

As far as Thai Smile goes, under the umbrella of BUDGET, bullsh##, they are expensive because they have a near monopoly. Khon Khen---Udon

They run in line with Bangkok Airways at the same prices.

I wish Air Asia could fill the slot and run a flight to Swampy from Udon, K Khen, even if it's once a day and shake up these monopoly airlines.

Thai Smile are stupid, reflects the management of Thai.

If they re-route to DMK, they will have to cut their fares or go out of business, That goes the same for the Mother company on international routes.

• Like 1

Why can't THAI really sells their tickets via the internet, just like others.

They do have a online site now, what only quote super high cost flight. 90% of THAI tickets are still sold via agents. Agency are mostly granted to the relatives of people who have connections.

I buy my tickets to Australia with Thai on the net.....no problems at all...

Fine, but please tell us how much you paid on line, give us the whole story, I know you answered a query from another poster, but I would like this further info please.thumbsup.gif

If THAI can get their fares down then they will do well. I just flew to Paris on Thai airways - economy only and was quite impressed. New A380, comfortable seats, nice food, nice wine, good entertainment options, good service overall, but the flight was only 50% full. Their website sucks balls though, that needs a major revamp.

• Like 2

Moving Thai Smile to Don Meuang, good: then I will only use Bangkok Airways to fly to/from Udon Thani connecting internationally, idiots!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Well wrote, but,

example, Bangkok Air Udon Thani - Bangkok Suv - Udon T. 30.7.2014 - return 6.8. = 2.350.- B.

Same dates and flights Thai airways - Thai smile 4.300.- Baht

Who would even think, to use Thai Airways?

As long as Bangkok Air is only a bit more expensive as Nok Air or Air Asia,

I will fly the much better service from and to Udon Thani = BANGKOK AIR thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Is it possible that Air Asia could slot into Smiles place and have one flight a day go to Swampy, and retain their other flights as normal.??? Thus filling in the void and connecting passengers for long haul.

With Bangkok Airways being so expensive from Udon to BKK Air Asia would make them drop their prices--good competition breeds good business, if A.Asia cannot Bangkok Airways have complete monopoly from Udon to BKK, they will increase fares as they have on all Samui flights.

I saw on my last visit the free -if you have a flight ticket on that day or in that night, shuttle bus, to and from DMK to BKK, looked for me as a easy solution, should be an hours drive and ok. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Who wants to bet? The last elected prime minister travelled for a birthday bash to Paris with some little luggage.

Birthday Party? Seeing that luggage, I think she joins her brother for years. tongue.pngpost-65504-0-60355100-1406261761_thumb.j

Moving Thai Smile to Don Meuang, good: then I will only use Bangkok Airways to fly to/from Udon Thani connecting internationally, idiots!

Idiots indeed. How could they not have considered Mr. Tartempion when drafting their proposals.

Because you think I am the only traveller who does not want to commute between two airports to avoid the extra hassle, cost and hours when flying in/out of Thailand?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

As far as Thai Smile goes, under the umbrella of BUDGET, bullsh##, they are expensive because they have a near monopoly. Khon Khen---Udon

They run in line with Bangkok Airways at the same prices.

No, not since Bangkok Air flies to Udon Thani. Long time promotion? rolleyes.gif

example, Bangkok Air Udon Thani - Bangkok Suv - Udon T. 30.7.2014 - return 6.8. = 2.350.- B.

Same dates and flights Thai airways - Thai smile 4.300.- Baht

Who wants to bet? The last elected prime minister travelled for a birthday bash to Paris with some little luggage.

Birthday Party? Seeing that luggage, I think she joins her brother for years. tongue.pngpost-65504-0-60355100-1406261761_thumb.j

She brought them just ( in case)giggle.gif

• Like 1

Bankruptcy seems the easiest way out. Clearly the airline has become complacent over time and completely lost it's way

Some wealthy oil rich countries can afford to run it's national carriers at an ongoing loss, but Thailand cannot afford to operate a 'lame duck' airline, especially at this turbulent time

Everyone knows that Thai Air will not be back in profit in the next three years. Market conditions are getting ever more difficult. Only very healthy companies will survive

Thailand will temporarily 'lose face' much as Philippine 'Always' 'Late' and Swiss Air had to do. Malaysian Airlines is also doomed to fail now

But there will always be an entrepreneur waiting to fill the vacuum.

Don't think any of us 'no frill' travellers have anything to worry about

Bankruptcy seems the easiest way out. Clearly the airline has become complacent over time and completely lost it's way

Some wealthy oil rich countries can afford to run it's national carriers at an ongoing loss, but Thailand cannot afford to operate a 'lame duck' airline, especially at this turbulent time

Everyone knows that Thai Air will not be back in profit in the next three years. Market conditions are getting ever more difficult. Only very healthy companies will survive

Thailand will temporarily 'lose face' much as Philippine 'Always' 'Late' and Swiss Air had to do. Malaysian Airlines is also doomed to fail now

But there will always be an entrepreneur waiting to fill the vacuum.

Don't think any of us 'no frill' travellers have anything to worry about

Indeed, the real medicine is probably too hard for Thai airways to take. The chances of it being rehabilitated are pretty slim.

I mean what hope do you have when there are a dozen agendas just beyond making a profit?

"super premium carrier"? WTH is that? When was the last time they compared their own prices with their competitors? It seems like the majority of the travelers is not interested in anything super premium, specially not in premium prices for mostly average service. Thai is very uncompetitive, both in the economy and in the business/first class service.

• Like 1

Called Thai Airways "customer service" and held onto the line for 45 minutes and no one took the time to do the so called service. Mind you this was from east Africa too. After not getting any response to every phone number I could find on the Thai web site I rang through to Sydney Australia. Had the call answered promptly and had issue sorted in 5 minutes. This is why people do not use Thai airways. Their service is shocking. I used them many times and was a frequent flyer member but have since cut up my card and vowed I would rather walk than use them.Their staff are like the planes, OLD AND TIRED. As for the moving to DM airport I think they are going to miss out on the people who use them for connecting flights and do not want the hassle of going to and from DM to Swampy airport. I know flying in from Africa and heading back up to home I used them because not needing to change airports. If they go to DM then I will have a choice and can assure you it will not be Thai.

I hope if Yinluck is going shopping her purchases do not exceed the 10,000.00Baht limit, or she is going to have to pay lots of Thai Tax on all her goods?

• Like 1

Emirates flies from BKK to Sydney and then on to Christchurch. Daily flights. For other cities, EK to Sydney and then Qantas codeshare onto NZ

I hope if Yinluck is going shopping her purchases do not exceed the 10,000.00Baht limit, or she is going to have to pay lots of Thai Tax on all her goods?

There are limits on Thai citizens on what they can take out. as well as what they bring in.

I have an idea that she by passes the green/red zones.

• Like 1

THAI will also undergo corporate image change of being a premium airline to super premium airline while its staff will be given more efficiency training courses on customer services so as to attract more customers to use THAI services.

I can't help but feel, THAI are going the wrong way, trying to offer "super premium airline" service, where airlines with much deeper pockets are also aiming.

Better to dump First a.s.a.p., and enlarge Business & Economy, which is where your fare-paying customers travel !

But the hi-so freebie-enjoying people (of whatever party) wouldn't like that, so it won't happen, and the blundering giant will continue to produce red-ink.

Mai pen rai, the company isn't really in business to make money, for its shareholders or the country. Which is part of the problem, if only 'they' could see it. facepalm.gif