One month rent in Chiang Mai

bananafarang

Huay Kaew Residence.

Right next to Kad Suan Kaew shopping centre and more or less on the moat/old city so close to everything.

I pay 3000 a month for a studio room, bathroom & balcony. Basic but all I need. Internet is an extra 300 per month.

http://www.huaykaewresidence.com

seems nice,do they provide stable internet connection?smile.png

I can answer that since I lived there many years ago (and I doubt anything has changed). No the connection is terrible.

Also, it is like pulling teeth getting your deposit back from them. There are so many better places. Keep looking, pass on that one.

• Like 1

Connection is fine for me, the odd drop here and there but no worse than other places I've stayed in CM and certainly better than many.

No idea about deposits though, I guess I'll see when I leave. Seems all good, I took note of any problems or marks in the room and made sure they noted it all down and gave me a copy.

Also you have to give notice before leaving, if you don't then maybe that'll cause deposit issues. Can't see them withholding it without good reason though. Edited by mynameisphil

Connection is fine for me, the odd drop here and there but no worse than other places I've stayed in CM and certainly better than many.

No idea about deposits though, I guess I'll see when I leave. Seems all good, I took note of any problems or marks in the room and made sure they noted it all down and gave me a copy.

Also you have to give notice before leaving, if you don't then maybe that'll cause deposit issues. Can't see them withholding it without good reason though.

They can and do withhold it "without good reason". There have been many, many complaints over the years. It's been reported on here countless times.

Out a bit from Chiang Mai, but you can find a decent house for 5 or 6 thousand, if you look hard enough. You will be best off having a Thai person take care of you for this, but not a broker. A wife/girlfriend or friend.  San Sai is a good place. I will tell you, I found a fixer upper that just needed some TLC...nothing expensive....Lawn care (I do myself) touch up paint, a door or two replaced.  The owner is "away" and the previous tenants did not keep it up.  Many owners would love a tenant who would pay on time and keep the place up...in return for a moderate rent.  Only one month deposit too.  Quiet area, no dogs, good people...go figure, as luck would have it.  You may not be as lucky as we were (4 bedroom/3 bath with maids quarters) but you will surely find a 2 bedroom/1 bath.

These places are available if you look.  Do not get involved with brokers and such.

Edited by slipperylobster

Huay Kaew Residence.

Right next to Kad Suan Kaew shopping centre and more or less on the moat/old city so close to everything.

I pay 3000 a month for a studio room, bathroom & balcony. Basic but all I need. Internet is an extra 300 per month.

http://www.huaykaewresidence.com

The most confused and unpleasant human beings I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.  I have nothing but compassion for them and sadness for life circumstances which created such unhappiness, but suggest the experience be avoided.

Edited by ricklev
  • Like 2

The guy/gal wants one month.....he's really not a good candidate for the monthly rentals.  Budget is on the low side, too.  You can get a hotel room for 9 or 10K, all inclusive, with maybe just a refundable key card deposit.  Some have excellent wi-fi.  I found  place on Citylife that was 6000 per month, all inclusive.  RIght above the Attitude Coffee Shop.  It looked great in the photos..no deposit/no utilities/free wi-fi.  I went there straight from the airport.  They had a dog chained to the bottom of the staircase, that I would have to walk by every time I came or went.  A/C was broken.  I was out of there.       

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Beware of Pacific Cool Chic

I stayed for 1 month in Pacific Mansion ( Pacific Cool  Chic ) in July. Huay Kaew is just arround the corner .

The room had good space, old but ok..

The monthly rental was 6300Baht , seemed ok, but at the end the electricy bill came over 3000 Baht. I was there 4 weeks, only during the week. Aircon in the afternoon till night at 25-28 Celsius, off during the night.

Either really bad, old aircon or something goes very wrong in this place.

We have a big propperty with 2 houses etc. and pay approx. the same for a month.

All together, not worth it!

I stayed last year at Smith Residence for 7500Baht/month. With the same time and aircon management I paid 650Baht for electricity. This place was ok , not only for this reason.

Out a bit from Chiang Mai, but you can find a decent house for 5 or 6 thousand, if you look hard enough. You will be best off having a Thai person take care of you for this, but not a broker. A wife/girlfriend or friend.  San Sai is a good place. I will tell you, I found a fixer upper that just needed some TLC...nothing expensive....Lawn care (I do myself) touch up paint, a door or two replaced.  The owner is "away" and the previous tenants did not keep it up.  Many owners would love a tenant who would pay on time and keep the place up...in return for a moderate rent.  Only one month deposit too.  Quiet area, no dogs, good people...go figure, as luck would have it.  You may not be as lucky as we were (4 bedroom/3 bath with maids quarters) but you will surely find a 2 bedroom/1 bath.

These places are available if you look.  Do not get involved with brokers and such.

decent house for 5 or 6 thousand... You may not be as lucky as we were (4 bedroom/3 bath with maids quarters)  'slippery' you say...whistling.gif