Long overstay, Thai son, not official married, how to untangle the situation

I second what ever Ubon Joe says, he knows. He has helped me in threads on here with excellent advice. I am not sure if I would want my stamps and stuff in a temporary passport (although the overstay might be okay :) ). I don't see lost passport on the German embassy website though so I don't know how it is done by them. For a US one you can get it on an ASAP basis.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be much better if he could get the single entry non-o visa before entering the country. They are less likely to make problems for him than with a visa exempt entry.

He can get the single entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai anywhere his age does not matter. At an honorary consulate in Germany he might even be able to get a multiple entry non-o without the legitimization.

Are you sure he cannot get a new passport without returning to Germany?

I'm pretty sure, that he would be able to obtain a new passport at any German embassy. In Germany he will just get it faster. Right now, he will just receive a travel document, that will allow him to leave the country, after paying the fine for his overstay.

Do you see any disadvantages to travel to Germany and apply there for a new passport and a non-o visa?

I think it would be that different Embassies have different policies... we know what the ones around here now do, in an up to date manner. In Vientiane for instance you don't have to show real legitimate proof of father hood (by Thai standards) or have money in the bank (although if you have it I don't know why you wouldn't want them to know and see that, to avoid any small problems). You can also fly there from here.

It would be much better if he could get the single entry non-o visa before entering the country. They are less likely to make problems for him than with a visa exempt entry.

He can get the single entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai anywhere his age does not matter. At an honorary consulate in Germany he might even be able to get a multiple entry non-o without the legitimization.

Are you sure he cannot get a new passport without returning to Germany?

I'm pretty sure, that he would be able to obtain a new passport at any German embassy. In Germany he will just get it faster. Right now, he will just receive a travel document, that will allow him to leave the country, after paying the fine for his overstay.

Do you see any disadvantages to travel to Germany and apply there for a new passport and a non-o visa?

There would be no disadvantage to going to Germany for the new passport. It could well be a big advantage if can get a multiple entry non-o while he is there. I think he can get one from the honorary consulate in Essen.

• Like 2

My friend asked a German consulate in Thailand, how to obtain a travel document for leaving the country ASAP.

He needed a confirmation about a lost or stolen passport by his local police office. Received already, without any troubles with the police.

With this confirmation he will be eligible to obtain a temporary travel document from the German embassy.

He aint married, he has no family.

He aint married, the son aint his.

Best he gets married at the local amphor, make it official, then he can apply for an extension of his visa due to the fact he has a Thai wife, at the moment he has no wife or child.

not true;

you do not have to be married to be the father, juts go to the family court with a thai lawyer,

been there, done that

• Like 1

Well in this case, he could do the following.

Take one or two of his wife's relatives and go to the amphur offic with his son's birth certificate.
The relatives will vouch at amphur that he is married according to Thai customs. He might have to take a couple of marriage ceremony pics to show at amphur office.
The amphur office will issue a marriage certificate which he can use to obtain a non o visa at immigration but the overstay will have to sorted out before that.

I hope that helps !!!

Take one or two of his wife's relatives and go to the amphur offic with his son's birth certificate.
The relatives will vouch at amphur that he is married according to Thai customs. He might have to take a couple of marriage ceremony pics to show at amphur office.
The amphur office will issue a marriage certificate which he can use to obtain a non o visa at immigration but the overstay will have to sorted out before that.

I hope that helps !!!

You get a marriage certificate when you register your marriage, which means for a foreigner going to your embassy to get a letter affirming you can marry, have it translated into Thai and legalized by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs and getting married at the amphur with those documents.

A Thai wedding ceremony is no basis for getting a wedding certificate and is not a legal marriage.

• Like 1

I hope that helps !!!

But he is not married ?

Can anyone tell me of anyone being issued a one year extension at any local immigration office in Thailand, armed only with a Thai birth certificate with your name on?

Reason for asking I have a friend who is the father of two children (divorced from mother) the best he seems able to do is be a visa runner.

Edited by rgs2001uk

Jesus H, get this through your head.

He has a birth certificate that names him as the father, the birth certificate could have said Elvis Presley or Michael Jackson for all the Thais care.

He aint married, ergo he has no family.

To have a family by Thai law he needs to get married legally at the amphor, and be issued with the relevant paperwork, at the moment he aint married, has no paperwork so doesnt have a leg to stand on.

Yes he does have a leg to stand on

If he is named on the birth certificate he can use this document in conjuction with the babies family book to get a Non O 90 day single entry

He needs his passport + photocopy

Birth cert. + copy

family blue book + copy of mothers page and babies page

Copy of baby mothers ID and signed be her

Person with this info will have two legs to stand on and will get a 90 day single entry even without showing funds

Can anyone tell me of anyone being issued a one year extension at any local immigration office in Thailand, armed only with a Thai birth certificate with your name on?

Reason for asking I have a friend who is the father of two children (divorced from mother) the best he seems able to do is be a visa runner.

As he was married and named on the birth certificate, he is already the legal father, so he can get extension.

As he was married and named on the birth certificate, he is already the legal father, so he can get extension.

He could of been getting non-o visas and 60 day extensions to visit his children.

In order to get a one year extension of stay he would need his divorce certificate showing at least join custody of his children.plus meet the 400k  in the bank or 40k baht income requirements..

Probably not 1 year, but 60 days extension will be no problem.

Jesus H, get this through your head.

He has a birth certificate that names him as the father, the birth certificate could have said Elvis Presley or Michael Jackson for all the Thais care.

He aint married, ergo he has no family.

To have a family by Thai law he needs to get married legally at the amphor, and be issued with the relevant paperwork, at the moment he aint married, has no paperwork so doesnt have a leg to stand on.

I am too not married but received 18 months ago a none immi-0/M because my name was mentioned in the birth certificate of my son and as well in the Blue Book (TB) as the father. The visa was issued by the Thai Embassy in Berlin at at 140 Euros.  They did asked me for an employment letter from the Singapore company for which I worked and income statements. Once they had all those documents, the visa was issued two days later.

He can get single entry non-o visas and 60 day extensions of stay to visit his child with just his name on the birth certificate. He will need the birth certificate (plus a copy) and copies of his child's house book pages.

He can get the single entry non-o visa at most nearby embassies and consulates. I can confirm Vientiane and Savannakhet will do them.

I suggest he get the single entry non-o visa before returning after paying his overstay on departure.

Thanks guys,

That is what I recommended to him.

Leave the country with the temporary passport ASAP.

Re-enter the kingdom with a visa exemption after a while (he will need to clear up things in Europe anyway, like applying for a new passport).

Open a bank account with 400k.

Travel to Laos with the birth certificate of his son, bank book, copies etc. and apply for a single entry non-o visa. I guess he won't get that in Europe, since he is under 50 years old.

After 60 days with the 400k in the bank account, apply for an extension of stay.

I will continue reporting, what will happen to him.

@SoFarAndNear, I myself am living here happily and peaceful with an extension of stay, based on retirement.

He could do that in Berlin or at one of the Thai Consulates in Germany.

how is it possible to hide for so long, I stayed only 1 week in pattaya and I was asked for my passport by policewoman stopping my motorbike, so how can you hide for so long is the question.....

Not everyone stays in Pattaya, not everyone rides a bike, and not all cops ask to see passport.

Edited by paz

how is it possible to hide for so long, I stayed only 1 week in pattaya and I was asked for my passport by policewoman stopping my motorbike, so how can you hide for so long is the question.....

If you don't have a car or motorbike, they never ask for ID or passport here Edited by larsjohnsson

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Generally I don't believe anything on ThaiVisa unless one of the mods or admins says it (or confirms it).

There is so much wrong information and bad advice thrown around.

Would love to see a system where somebody got a strike against their name every time they gave definitely wrong advice.

Serial offenders could then be marked as "Known talker out of ass" or something similar.....

You only ever believe a mod.....dear god

Why don't you just get a Thai lawyer instead of listening to people who are not qualified to answer your questions. My lawyer sorts everything for me . Much less hassle ..

And much more money, For most things lawyers are not needed. 

Beside, if your lawyer sorts out everything for you, why are you wasting your time here.

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

Not everyone stays in Pattaya, not everyone rides a bike, and not all cops ask to see passport.

And it actually ISN'T the question...

very simple:biggrin.png

go home, explain your case to the thai ambassy and ask for the visa you need w00t.gif

getting marriedgiggle.gif ...perhaps it could be a good idea...if you loooooooooooooooooooove her of course....but does she loves you burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif ?

recognize the child as yoursthumbsup.gif

and next time try  to do things as normal people doesblink.png putting the bull in front of the chariot,...not behind.

anarchy is for old times, now there is ...internet, globalisation, interpol, rules, visas, controls etc etc...

good luck anyway

coffee1.gif

Edited by VINCENT2012

some years ago, my Thai ex-wife actually named me as the father of her newborn child, even though we were already divorced, the baby looked as Thai as any Thai baby looks, and the real (Thai, nice but dim) father was present at the birth! 

(She named me as the father because I was more likely to contribute to the upkeep of the child).

Nice move, if you had intercourse with her in the month she got pregnant, it could even work. tongue.png

+ A good idea, how to make the DNA testing with the wished result. whistling.gif

Yes, stay low profile in Issan in quiet village and district and no troubles, =so you can hide, for so long=.

no Passport question in 15 years. rolleyes.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

First of all, many thanks for all of your replies. Special thanks to the mods, like Ubonjoe, Mario and some others members, who provided my friend with helpful information.

Reporting about him: Hopefully the new overstay regulations will not become effective within three or four days. In this period he will have left the kingdom and will be safe. Applying for a new passport in Germany, maybe making some money what he is always a little short of, applying for a non-o visa, then he will return after a few months.

He carries all useful documents with him, like the birth certificate where he is mentioned, the house book, signed ID of the mother. I guess that he will be eligible to apply for a non-o visa at the German consulates. I myself had bad experiences with the embassy at Berlin, but at the Stuttgart consulate they were very polite, helpful and generous. (Some years ago).

However, I'll inform all of you about this case in details, after my friend is safe. It's a funny and weird story.

• Like 1

some years ago, my Thai ex-wife actually named me as the father of her newborn child, even though we were already divorced, the baby looked as Thai as any Thai baby looks, and the real (Thai, nice but dim) father was present at the birth! 

(She named me as the father because I was more likely to contribute to the upkeep of the child).

Nice move, if you had intercourse with her in the month she got pregnant, it could even work. tongue.png

+ A good idea, how to make the DNA testing with the wished result. whistling.gif

Shouldn't dna testing at an accredited hospital be mandatory for this type of visa?

=LPCustom69=

"Shouldn't dna testing at an accredited hospital be mandatory for this type of visa?"

Better not, enough problems to solve already here. tongue.png 

Edited by ALFREDO