July 25, 201412 yr Treat migrant workers the same as locals: govtThe NationBANGKOK: -- Employers have been advised to follow labour laws protecting migrant workers and treat them the same way Thai workers are treated, while also en-suring they adhere to local laws.The Depart-ment of Employ-ment advisory was issued yesterday.The department's director-general, Sumeth Mahosot, said unlicensed labour agents were being closely monitored by labour officials and immigration after being found trying to register migrant workers at the new one-stop service centres.The 28 centres in Bangkok and elsewhere to accommodate mass registration of migrant workers from Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar. It is being done under the supervision of the military junta.Sumeth said photos would be taken of any brokers who go to the centres in a bid to stop them from exploiting workers.Immigration police would also ask them to produce their ID cards and documents to show if they are a lawful representative of an agency or an employer.More than 277,000 migrant workers have registered at the centres along with 12,783 of their family members.Sumeth did not give updated figures on the total number of migrant workers in Thailand working legally and illegally, or how many were in the country before the one-stop centres were set up, and how many were registered previously. Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Treat-migrant-workers-the-same-as-locals-govt-30239510.html -- The Nation 2014-07-26
July 26, 201412 yr Popular Post Does this includes farangs? Only if they are legally working. I doubt. Let's start with visa procedures, jobs allowed to do, max.working hours allowed... We ( farangs ) are hardly tolerated and this is not about to change. Exception: Farang working as ATM ( and this is WP free work ).
July 26, 201412 yr It says quite clearly on the Immigration notices that farangs are 'aliens' not 'migrants.' Edited July 26, 201412 yr by BudRight
July 26, 201412 yr Popular Post <script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script> It says quite clearly on the Immigration notices that farangs are 'aliens' not 'migrants.' Splitting hairs aren't you? I think the gist of the comments above is: Treated as locals. You know, humans? Instead of "the falang"? Apparently you have accepted the bigotry by cavalierly using the term...
July 26, 201412 yr If you leave your country to live in another country, you are a migrant. Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
July 26, 201412 yr Oh good so does this mean that I can get my teachers work permit even quicker now?
July 26, 201412 yr Yes, let's treat them like Thais -- make them pay bribes to file grievances, have them sing military marches every morning, send them to school and pass every one. By all means, let's spread the inhumanity around evenly......,
July 26, 201412 yr Does this includes farangs? Only if they are legally working. I doubt. Let's start with visa procedures, jobs allowed to do, max.working hours allowed... We ( farangs ) are hardly tolerated and this is not about to change. Exception: Farang working as ATM ( and this is WP free work ). migrant workers from Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar... kinda hints at who they mean..
July 26, 201412 yr It says quite clearly on the Immigration notices that farangs are 'aliens' not 'migrants.' Oh, that must be why I am stared at so much.
July 26, 201412 yr I believe the migrant workers are given free room in addition to at least minimum wage. I wonder if this means Thais will also get free rooms?
July 26, 201412 yr Does this includes farangs? Of course if you are working in constuction sector for 170 - 230 B per day.
July 26, 201412 yr If you can not under pay them, treat them like s**t, kick them when ever you please, sack them as you please, then why bother employing them?
July 26, 201412 yr Does this includes farangs? Of course if you are working in constuction sector for 170 - 230 B per day. Min is 300 baht I think. The underpaid illegals all went home.
July 26, 201412 yr <script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script> It says quite clearly on the Immigration notices that farangs are 'aliens' not 'migrants.' Splitting hairs aren't you? I think the gist of the comments above is: Treated as locals. You know, humans? Instead of "the falang"? Apparently you have accepted the bigotry by cavalierly using the term... I was trying to characterize the bigotry by pointing out the language used in government documents, not sanctioning that use. It would be a great day when non-Thais are finally afforded human rights in Thailand.
July 26, 201412 yr It says quite clearly on the Immigration notices that farangs are 'aliens' not 'migrants.'Splitting hairs aren't you?I think the gist of the comments above is: Treated as locals. You know, humans? Instead of "the falang"? Apparently you have accepted the bigotry by cavalierly using the term... As a Swiss author commented on the 1960s post-war economy boom in Switzerland: "We called for workers, but humans came!" Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
July 26, 201412 yr I believe the migrant workers are given free room in addition to at least minimum wage. I wonder if this means Thais will also get free rooms? Same as for Thai workers: find / buy a set of wood or bamboo sticks and corrugated metal plates and build your own shack (ie builders on construction sites, factories may be slightly different). Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
July 27, 201412 yr I believe the migrant workers are given free room in addition to at least minimum wage. I wonder if this means Thais will also get free rooms? Same as for Thai workers: find / buy a set of wood or bamboo sticks and corrugated metal plates and build your own shack (ie builders on construction sites, factories may be slightly different). Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app I've seen the construction shacks and I've seen nice new studio apartments close to industrial zones. I guess it depends on your skill set.
Create an account or sign in to comment