July 26, 201412 yr I have a Non-Imm B that expired on July 7th, 2014. My employer failed to get the extension in time so consequently paid an overstay fine of 11 days. I now have an overstay stamp (dated 18th July 2558) and a large stamp stating 'Application under consideration of the immigration bureau. Applicant must contact this office on 17th August 2014'. I am travelling on the 30th June 2014 and have a re-entry permit. Will I be charged for overstay again for the period of 19th to 30th July? Thanks.
July 26, 201412 yr Do you mean you are traveling on July 30th or June. You re-entry permit should be good valid until 17 August. The under consideration stamp and the report date back date on it is the same as a permit to stay so you will not be charged an overstay.
July 26, 201412 yr I now have an overstay stamp (dated 18th July 2558) Are you sure it doesn't say 2557? I don't know if it makes a difference if they have stamped your passport with the wrong year, I am just worried that having an overstay stamp dated after the new, tougher overstay rules goes into effect could possibly cause confusion/problems sometime in the future. Sophon
July 26, 201412 yr I now have an overstay stamp (dated 18th July 2558) Are you sure about that date??
Create an account or sign in to comment