National Parks / Open Countryside Holiday

Albertosez

Can anyone help recommend a place to visit for a short holiday - maybe 1 week to 10 days. We have 2 x dogs that need exercise everyday and we want to take them with us and find a good quality property to rent during this period. We currently live in the Greater Pattaya Area and fancy driving somewhere within Thailand that is fairly peaceful and can offer access to either National Parks or Open Countryside that is " accessible " to walk with the dogs. We enjoy walking for up to. several hours - when possible ! We have been north to Chiangmai Mai, but quite fancy heading in a different direction. Some parks and reservoirs that seem beautiful on a photo are often largely inaccessible to walk in/ around. If anyone has enjoyed a similar type of holiday or can recommend somewhere that they think would work then I would be happy to receive your replies. We would also be looking to rent a good quality house / villa type property at the same time - most likely early August time.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Dogs are not allowed in National Parks in Thailand.

Well - I did not know that - so thanks for the heads up ! Any recommendations of places that suit long dog walks etc? I know this is Thailand and the nature trails are completely different, but we would like to have a change of scenery and find a low action place with more open countryside - but must obviously be accessible !

I think the dogs might be a problem in a short term rental… Why would anyone risk getting their house torn up for a one week rental… That said, i would try one of the less traveled places like Loei or Nan or Petchaboon… or even the other side of the Gulf - Prachuap or Pranburi, south of the HH tourist centers… good luck.

I think the dogs might be a problem in a short term rental Why would anyone risk getting their house torn up for a one week rental That said, i would try one of the less traveled places like Loei or Nan or Petchaboon or even the other side of the Gulf - Prachuap or Pranburi, south of the HH tourist centers good luck.

Ok I will have a look at those places. My dogs are well behaved and do not even sleep in my own house, so I would not expect them to sleep in someone else's. It's cooler for them outdoors - at night anyway.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Have a look at the Laem Sing area, to the south of Chantaburi. Lots of small bays and wooded areas to walk about in. Easy to get to, down the 36 and on to the No 3, once you pass Chantaburi just turn left after the waterfall. About 3 hours from Pattaya.

Various types of accommodation available so it may be best to go and have a look first. We have friends in the area and regularly go for the day or weekend.

Have a look at the Laem Sing area, to the south of Chantaburi. Lots of small bays and wooded areas to walk about in. Easy to get to, down the 36 and on to the No 3, once you pass Chantaburi just turn left after the waterfall. About 3 hours from Pattaya.

Various types of accommodation available so it may be best to go and have a look first. We have friends in the area and regularly go for the day or weekend.

Thanks - I will have a look at that too !