Where can I find the price of a 51 inch Samsung Plasma TV ?

RichardThailand

Beware of Samsung TVs. I love the picture quality. But, on average, they only make replacement parts for 3 years. Have had to ditch two of them now, as a result of not being able to secure parts for a set that broke. Have two Sony big screens. One is 4 years old. One is 8 years old! They are both going strong. Not so, with Samsung.

Spidermike
Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Avoid Samsung. My Samsung TV broke just after the warranty expired and could not be repaired.

Same here, no more Samsung for me.

And to show I put my money where my mouth is I just bought a 50" Sony. There was great promotion for the world cup almost everywhere but I found the best price at an electronic fair at Impact two weeks ago, 22% discount off the official discounted  retail price (they offered 20% then we "rounded up" ;-) ) while at BestBuy they usually offer only 8 to 10% discount.

I suggest you try to find a high end Panasonic plasma. I hope it is still some out there and you will not be dissapointed. Best of the best.

HM52

I have been looking recently for a 50" ST or VT for my bedroom, so it's not such a shock moving from my living room's 65" VT. I have had no luck finding one still available.

• 2 weeks later...

The one thing that most overlook when it comes to electronic products is the quality of the electrical circuit... Electronics don't like spikes / sags in voltage or amperage... It will eat the power supplies... 

I think the OP was quite specific in what he wanted , and my reply led him to what he wanted.

" I'd like to find out the price of one of these but I'm not in Thailand right now. Can anyone tell me where I can check the price online? Does anyone know of any shops that have an online catalog "

Plasma are very cheap now, they are heavy and run hot and use a lot of electric.....

Yet, I have a 50 inch Panasonic Plasma in my bedroom and wouldn't change it for any other T.V., in my opinion, Plasma TV's are great for Hi Definition media.

I have a new Panasonic LED 50" in my living room, it's good, but the PQ isn't as good as the older Plasma IMO.

I like the LCD/s right now because I feel they are just as good yet much lower prices. I bought a samsung 40 inch i think and it was 10k baht. I also liked the sony equivalent at the same price at emporium. I actually like the look of the sony better now, a little flater picture but i like it.

I have always had this theory that people that go through tvs quick move a lot. If you move of course stuff like tvs and refrigerators are going to go quicker. If you buy one of these things, stick it on the wall and dont move it (if possible) it is going to last. I could be wrong, but I really think that is why most tvs "go". 

• Like 2

Avoid Samsung. My Samsung TV broke just after the warranty expired and could not be repaired.

Same here, no more Samsung for me.

And to show I put my money where my mouth is I just bought a 50" Sony. There was great promotion for the world cup almost everywhere but I found the best price at an electronic fair at Impact two weeks ago, 22% discount off the official discounted  retail price (they offered 20% then we "rounded up" ;-) ) while at BestBuy they usually offer only 8 to 10% discount.

Ever researched who makes the panels for the Sony ?

• 3 years later...

Samsung 55" is around 19kbht on Lazada.

Never had a problem, bought a HD 40" when I came here 9 years back, still working.

Bought a 50" Plasma HD 4 years back, struck by lightning, not working.

Bought a 55" UHD 2 years back, no problems.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

On 8/14/2014 at 2:23 AM, lanng khao said:

I am in Thailand and have a 50inch samsung plasma for sale, only want 5,000 baht, only problem is volume stuck on max, how could you turn this down.

Mute the TV, use a soundbar for the sound.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

On 7/31/2014 at 4:45 PM, HM52 said:

I suggest you try to find a high end Panasonic plasma. I hope it is still some out there and you will not be dissapointed. Best of the best.

HM52

I have a 50" Panasonic plasma 8 years old that still works perfectly, and a 5 year old 42" LCD Panasonic in the bedroom, never a problem with either.

• 1 month later...