Visa to purchase land.

With 111 posts, OP can qualify for a single simple answer from me.

Beside, there is people genuinely convince that owning land is possible, so the hamster wheel keeps going.

• Like 2

None. Foreigners cannot legally purchase land in Thailand.

For more discussion search the forum.

Ok, purchase, what about own? same same?

I do know foreigners that own their homes and the home is in their name, therefore they own the land right?

I ask as I do wish to purchase land, (currently on an non o visa) if not I can look in to buying the land in the name of my Daughter.

Thank you kindly.

(Anti Troll shield activated!)

Ok, purchase, what about own? same same?

I do know foreigners that own their homes and the home is in their name, therefore they own the land right?

I ask as I do wish to purchase land, (currently on an non o visa) if not I can look in to buying the land in the name of my Daughter.

Your question should go there:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/59-real-estate-housing-house-and-land-ownership/

You might assume so, but not in Thailand......

A non-Thai can legally own a building, but not the land that it sits on. That, as you can imagine, can create big headaches when you 'fall out' with the Thai owner of the land.

Moving to the housing forum.

But, a non-Thai (and that includes companies) cannot, buy, own or control land in Thailand, period.

I would argue leasehold or usufruct would both allow control of land, without ownership.

Control is an imprecise term in this context. A lease or usufruct gives you possession of the land, the right of exclusive use.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1