can you get a work permit without a degree

Mention the highest degree and provide a recommendation letter from past jobs. Furthermore the company who would

Ike to higher you should write a letter explaining why you would be the best candidate. Then you should be fine as this was the way a few of my colleagues got hired.

A degree is not a requirement for a WP, but it could be a requirement by the professional body of that sector of employment, (such as the Teachers Council of Thailand, who 'look after' the teaching profession).

If you don't have a degree, then your employer may have to justify why they want to employ you, as opposed to a Thai national who does have a degree. The justification could be language skills, specific industry skills etc.

Yes of course you can.

Employment visas are not restricted to people with a degree. What is important is that you have the skills and experience that is required by your employer and that the experience you have is not easily found in Thailand.

If this is the case and the company needs you then it is no real problem..

Of course your company may have to write a clear explanation as to why you are needed but again if genuine then no problem.

Good luck but don't worry too much..

• Like 1

I have worked as a Project Manager, General Manager of a software company, Lead Developer and Software Developer, over the last ten years. I don't have a degree, but they do like to ask to see it. Write an impressive CV with all your relevant experience on it. You may need to get it 'stamped' by your embassy, which is way more expensive than it should be.

They just want to see that you are a better fit for the job than a local would be.

• Like 1

A diploma you get from a university, such as a bachelor or a masters.

Thanks. Diploma hierarchy is (was?) far to be standard in the world.

I got a Master, from my Engineer School, but never studied in a university...

Thanks. Diploma hierarchy is (was?) far to be standard in the world.

I got a Master, from my Engineer School, but never studied in a university...

In the US, formal degrees (associates, bachelors, masters, and doctorates) depend greatly upon national accreditation--meaning the school which granted the degree must be fully accredited by one of the six regional accrediting agencies. A school can be authorized, or certified, to grant degrees by the state in which it resides, but that may mean very little unless the school is also accredited. Schools that are authorized to grant degrees, but are not regionally accredited, are where some of the gray areas (second-rate degrees) exist between a diploma mill degree and a formal degree.

FYI: Diploma mill schools offer a degree for a fee, rarely is any academic work required. Second-rate schools offer degrees for a fee too, but they require some academic work. Usually, the curriculum is academically light and their faculty are dubiously degreed--either from diploma mill schools or other second-rate schools. Too many diploma mill or second-rate degrees exist; which is why better firms check.

Google 'degrees and transcripts,' you'll be surprised at the number of hits you receive. For as little as $150, you too can become a medical doctor, an attorney, or an astrophysicist. Just try to get a decent job using it.

I'll wager a great number of our 'degreed' English teachers do not have formal degrees.

Yep as much paper work as you can get - makes them feel you tried

Mention the highest degree and provide a recommendation letter from past jobs. Furthermore the company who would
Ike to higher you should write a letter explaining why you would be the best candidate. Then you should be fine as this was the way a few of my colleagues got hired.

Yes of course you can.

Employment visas are not restricted to people with a degree. What is important is that you have the skills and experience that is required by your employer and that the experience you have is not easily found in Thailand.

Of course your company may have to write a clear explanation as to why you are needed but again if genuine then no problem.

"Employment visas are not restricted to people with a degree"

What is an employment visa?

The simple answer is :

Yes you can.
If you or you Thai native speaking helper can convince the officer that you work benefit Thailand.

I did that and have a WP now even though i do not qualify to have a WP according to the law

but my company are in favor of TH so they accepted ( not BOI )

It is not so difficult here if you want to do what i best for Thailand..

Edited by BEngBKK

Yes of course you can.

"Employment visas are not restricted to people with a degree"

What is an employment visa?

Thank you for correcting my mistake, in Thailand you get a non immigrant B "visa" and then you can apply for a "work permit".

My point still stands.