July 28, 201412 yr I have asked this in another thread, but it got lost in the crossfire: Along with the change to the new 30 day extension on a visa exemption entry, have they restored the 30 day entrance at land border for all? I have not heard anything so I guess not but to me it would make sense as border runs are now no more... More likely they will only extend these passport holders for 15 days...
July 28, 201412 yr I have asked this in another thread, but it got lost in the crossfire: Along with the change to the new 30 day extension on a visa exemption entry, have they restored the 30 day entrance at land border for all? I have not heard anything so I guess not but to me it would make sense as border runs are now no more... More likely they will only extend these passport holders for 15 days... The 15 day entry at the border for most people will remain the same. If you are from a G7 country you will still get 30 days. They have not stopped all border runs it is only for those that are doing out/in visa exempt entries for all others there is no change.
July 28, 201412 yr I have asked this in another thread, but it got lost in the crossfire: Along with the change to the new 30 day extension on a visa exemption entry, have they restored the 30 day entrance at land border for all? I have not heard anything so I guess not but to me it would make sense as border runs are now no more... More likely they will only extend these passport holders for 15 days... The 15 day entry at the border for most people will remain the same. If you are from a G7 country you will still get 30 days. They have not stopped all border runs it is only for those that are doing out/in visa exempt entries for all others there is no change. Sorry, I should have said border runs are no more for visa exempt entries. Another way to look at it is they replaced border runs for visa exempt with the 30 day extension, thus allowing 60 days in country. For a holder of say a South African passport who arrives by land, with extension they can only stay a total of 45 days. They are however entitled to 60 day tourist visas. I am on non-o, so this does not usually affect me anyway. Just thought I would mention it.
July 30, 201412 yr Author And what are the 7 countries that get 30 days? Edited July 30, 201412 yr by bitcoinman
July 30, 201412 yr And what are the 7 countries that get 30 days? More than 7 actually: Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Laos, Macau, Mongolia, Russia, USA, United Kingdom and Vietnam
July 30, 201412 yr Author And what about Belgium, Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, Spain, Portugal.... Is Shengen treated separately? The low class Shengen and the high class Shengen? Edited July 30, 201412 yr by bitcoinman
July 30, 201412 yr So the top four HDI most developed countries in the world miss out? Norway, Australia, Swizterland and Netherlands.... Makes sense.
July 30, 201412 yr And what are the 7 countries that get 30 days? More than 7 actually: Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Laos, Macau, Mongolia, Russia, USA, United Kingdom and Vietnam It is the G7 countries plus countries with which Thailand has a reciprocal agreement.
Create an account or sign in to comment