The Box - The End

somchai69

The Box as was is about to close again,

pressured by the dark forces. :bah:

For many expats, torrents are the only way to get decent, up to date TV shows

Streaming is not an option for us all.

To the Dark Forces

Instead of fighting the technology, why not embrace it and set up your own torrent site??

We already pay exorbitant fees for satellite services that provide very little in the

way of decent TV. Those fund could be going to the TV companies direct with very little

computing power needed. The file sharers provide the cpu cycles and storage,

You just charge a small fee for the access to the tracker, possibly with credit for seeding,

much in the way current Torrent sites work

Think positively and see it a Business Opportunity

• Like 2

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with Torrentz.eu is that it is search engine

so only of use if you know what you are looking for........................

With a private tracker I can see what is the latest being posted

then select what I want to download

Rather a different approach

If you want to help people, bless your little cotton socks, then a more simple and gentler approach is needed. Many of us are not geektards and need things explained properly (I'm monosyllabic, myself :)). I'd like to know a bit more about this as I have heard about WP-Trader, but not gone into it.

Cheers.

PS: Is torrentz.eu better than p.bay?

Edited by WitawatWatawit

I've got some TV Chaos and Torrentday invites if anyone needs same. PM me (needs a working email address).

EDIT Do check that you need an invite first, membership may be open without.

EDIT2 Looks like TV Chaos is open membership right now :)

>The Box as was is about to close again,

Do the o/p have a link to this news info? Still going strong AFAIK? Not a mention on their new/ but private web site.

Have a look in the Site Chat forum "why are all the torrents marked free"

EDIT Official Announcement just posted sad.png

It's with a heavy heart that I inform you of the proactive shutdown of zxcv this week. Given the current atmosphere surrounding sharing of commerical (television and the like) content, we're uncomfortable with continuing this site any longer. We are doing free leech as of now and the site will be permanently closed August 1st, 2014. Thank you for many great years and your support.

Use followshows.com then.

Discover new shows, follow your favourites. And then search in torrentz.eu !

Private trackers requires a min. ratio and hard to deal with.

Public is easy and no need to maintain a min. upload ratio and there are much more leechers than in private trackers.

I have been fiddling for nearly a month with watching, TV shows from UK, Canada, US, Australia for "free".... it's a bit of a grey areas to discuss here I believe... so won't get into it too much... but VPN's are worth a look at... and Google helps too... I am finding Hola on Firefox quite good.... It needs a few hours of work to sort through it though and "learn" .... .

Rather than tying up my computer though, I going to try one of the IPTV boxes with hundreds of good channels for about 1000 baht a month. I tried a friends the other day and it seemed good on 3BB's 10 gb plan.... but what I have been trying, works well about 85% to 90% of the time....

Iplayers from the TV stations, are better as if it does buffer when you get to "who dun it" you can go back.... live TV is not so good you lose it! facepalm.gif and you are not working on local time of the country you wish to watch....

>The Box as was is about to close again,

Do the o/p have a link to this news info? Still going strong AFAIK? Not a mention on their new/ but private web site.

Have a look in the Site Chat forum "why are all the torrents marked free"

EDIT Official Announcement just posted sad.png

It's with a heavy heart that I inform you of the proactive shutdown of zxcv this week. Given the current atmosphere surrounding sharing of commerical (television and the like) content, we're uncomfortable with continuing this site any longer. We are doing free leech as of now and the site will be permanently closed August 1st, 2014. Thank you for many great years and your support.

Thanks Crossy, I didn't notice that. All I can say is b@gger! Used to find this a haven of obscure stuff. Still where ever this ends, I'm sure something new will surface.

Far better than The Box is eztv.it. All the latest episodes of the most popular TV programmes from the UK and across the pond.

Registration isn't required and there's a far greater ratio of seeders than The Box. I gave up on that a few years ago when they announced the end of their website.

• Like 1

Its a pity to see "big brother" getting his way - the end of an era - but the reality is that since their last "closure" and reincarnation as ZXCV the site has been of limited usefulness to me. I have found TVChaos far better - more comprehensive and with a much easier ul/dl ratio management system.

For me, TVChaos in conjunction with tasman_it (for Aussie TV material) and MVGroup (for documentaries) is all I need. Forget about stuffing around doing searches etc with search engines like Torrentday!

I have 5 free invitations for TVChaos - first in best dressed - PM me.

• Like 1

I loaded Pbay browser and a torrent download app on my Samsung 3 here in Singapore.

I noticed it would let me load a couple TV shows and then the ISP seemed to throttle my feed to an unworkably slow rate. It wasnt until I deleted the torrent client that I got me speed back.

Been too scared to try it agin here in Singapore.

Are we supposed to believe they are really shutting down? Or are they just going to pop up again with a selected subset of members and a new website address?

I expect we will only find out if we are on 'The List' :(

I have several TorrentDay invites, if anyone still need one.

PM me with a working address.

Also, TheEmpire.bz is great for shows from Australia, Canada, Ireland, etc. I have several invites for that as well, so PM me with a working address if you would like one.

Edited by WaywardWind

It will be interesting to see if all those sites that were born of the thebox team, i.e. empiretv and theshow and thegeeks, etc will also close like ZXCV (the "box" replacement). I noticed theshow has also closed down its "donation" system like ZXCV did before announcing their closure (on Aug 1st.

It will be interesting to see if all those sites that were born of the thebox team, i.e. empiretv and theshow and thegeeks, etc will also close like ZXCV (the "box" replacement). I noticed theshow has also closed down its "donation" system like ZXCV did before announcing their closure (on Aug 1st.

TheEmpire also stopped taking donations about 6 days ago. They've provided no explanation at to why and not responded to questions in the forums asking whether it's a technical problem or PayPal doesn't like them. It does seem rather suspicious.

The thing I will really miss is the Horizon Project.

I'm currently attempting to max out the Gigabit download connection of my seedbox to get as many of the early progs as possible before the deadline.

EDIT I think others have had the same idea, I'm uploading them faster than the download smile.png

Just peaked the download at 120 MBytes/sec :)

• Like 2