Zenfone 5 vs Imobile IQX

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info. What is the difference - apart from 2000 baht - between those two models?

I read in a newspaper that the Moto G would be out in October in Thailand.

Should I wait for the new Moto G or get the Zenphone 5?

Thanks.

Edited by Trigger Point

Thanks for the info. What is the difference - apart from 2000 baht - between those two models?

I read in a newspaper that the Moto G would be out in October in Thailand.

Should I wait for the new Moto G or get the Zenphone 5?

Thanks.

One Zenfone has LTE 4G and a Snapdragon 400 and 2g ram. The non LTE has an Atom with 2g ram.

Moto G is smaller with a Snapdragon 400 and 1g ram.

If your in Bkk then check put the Thai Mobile expo 2 - 5 October at Queen Sirikit centre.

Edited by casualbiker

The LTE is single SIM. The only reason I can think for Asus doing this is that dual SIM is most popular in Asia where LTE is not so widely available.

The Vibe X2 is dual SIM and LTE but significantly more expensive. If Asus release a dual SIM version of the Zenfone 5 or Motorola an LTE version of the Moto G then I'll get one of those.

Thanks. Couldn't find one anywhere so got the LTE for 8000 instead.

Even that was hard to find in the end with only a few colour choices left.

Do you think the phone was too cheap and Asus pulled it as they were losing too much money on it?

The LTE seems really nice and I couldn't see a better phone for the price out there.

When the Moto G comes it will probably take over, but for now its a good option.

I just went out to look for a old dual SIM Zenfone 5 (A501CG) in Chiang Mai, none to be had in Kad Suan Kaew or Airport Plaza. I did see one in Big C last week so I might try there.

A site with some cases for the Zenphone 6.

Are the SIM slots the type that lift up to insert the SIM or the kind where you just slide the SIM in?

Edited by damole

You just slide the sim in.

In mbk last week most shops out of stock, though I saw one or two still available. Probably they will restock soon enough.

Still delighted with the 3g version of this phone. Last night it got the android 4.4.2 kitkat update on it, even faster now.

"Last night it got the android 4.4.2 kitkat update on it, even faster now".

Are you in Thailand?? I have Zenphone-5 and although I got an update today (Oct 13), it did not include KitKat 4.4. Wondering how the distribution is being done.

As everywhere is out of stock and even Asus support don't seem to know when they will be back should I order one from China.

http://www.vickmall.com/asus-zenfone-5-smartphone-dual-sim-android-dual-core-intel-16gb-rom-red.html

It's the 16GB , 2.0GHz Z2580 model for about 6700 Bt. Is it worth the risk?

I have found stock of the LTE model on Lazada.

http://www.lazada.co.th/asus-zenfone-5-lte-a500kl-black-450810.html

Buying through Lazada will offer you protection so you know you'll get your order. Naturally, being the LTE model, the price is a little higher.

It does look like the Zenfone 5 has been a raging success in Thailand. I had a 4 (now my wife has it) and now I have a 5. The 4 is awesome but does have a terrible battery. The 5, however, is just brilliant. I have had to use the warranty on the 4 due to a busted screen and they had it repaired in 2 working days. Not bad for B2,990 (bought just after launch).

I would imagine that ASUS are probably desperately trying to restock Thailand for the 5 so the competitors don't get a chance. I would wait a couple of weeks and see what happens. Use Lazada as your litmus test.

As everywhere is out of stock and even Asus support don't seem to know when they will be back should I order one from China.

http://www.vickmall.com/asus-zenfone-5-smartphone-dual-sim-android-dual-core-intel-16gb-rom-red.html

It's the 16GB , 2.0GHz Z2580 model for about 6700 Bt. Is it worth the risk?

This Chinese version is actually even better spec than the 3G version that was for sale in Thailand. The A501CG model in Thailand has 16GB/2GB RAM but a less powerful chip, 1.6GHz Z2560. This phone had an earlier model too, which had 8GB/1GB and priced a bit less.

The LTE has a few differences, single sim, quad core snapdragon processor instead of intel dual core etc.

I'm in Thailand and got the update a couple of days ago, but about two days before that I got another update, so perhaps you will get yours in a day or two.

I just checked for updates now (Oct. 17) and still no mention of KK4.4...

Anybody in the Bangkok area already get the update to 4.4 on Zenphone-5 2/16GB

I'm in Thailand and got the update a couple of days ago, but about two days before that I got another update, so perhaps you will get yours in a day or two.

5-5-5!!! Amazing!! 2 minutes after I posted this, the update came through.

5-5-5!!! Amazing!! 2 minutes after I posted this, the update came through.

Yep, I picked up my update on Tuesday night. Still nothing on my wife's 4 though...maybe just time?