Passport Photo Counter-signature

Nikkijah

I'm about to renew my passport and am concerned about needing my photos counter signed, is this only necessary when applying by post?

If I do need to get my photos counter-signed then who on earth am I going to ask to do it?? I spend most of the year in Thailand, so I don't know a professional UK citizen to sign them, who will the British embassy consider to be acceptable or of similar standing?

Any help would be appreciated

Below is the official info taken from the C1 notes downloaded from the British embassy website

post-25303-1151892440_thumb.jpg post-25303-1151892454_thumb.jpg

I'm about to renew my passport and am concerned about needing my photos counter signed, is this only necessary when applying by post?

Don't worry, through the post your old passport with the your old photo in it is enough proof that your new photo is really you. I found this out AFTER I went to all the trouble of getting my new photo signed by a Doctor, although anyone with a PHD will do, even a lawyer at a pinch. Also they didn't care about it being a British Citizen. But you don't really need to bother unless you're replacing a lost passport.

Edited by Soundguy

British embassy are quite relaxed about the regulation, they do like a UK citizen but will accept any signature.

Make sure the person who signs can be contacted by phone as there are more checks being made that the person who signs does exist.