How best can I do a 5-6 week tourist trip from Philippines to Thailand and back ?

I read some place that although I get a 30 day visa exempt entry on arrival I can extend this. Can someone tell me how I go about doing this and how long can I extend my stay without leaving the country? I already have the Philippines to Thailand trip by air booked. Do I need to show a ticket back to the Philippines less than 30 days after arrival ? If so then does anyone recommend an airline where I can most easily change my flight back?

Thanks

Edited by RichardThailand

It would be best to get a single entry tourist visa at the embassy in Manila that would give you a 60 day entry.

If you don't have a visa you may need a onward for return ticket within 30 days of arrival in order to board your flight to Thailand.

Until the 29th of August the longest extension you can get is 7 days for a visa exempt entry after that date you can get 30 days.

• Like 2

If you arrive in the Phils on a 30 day permission to enter, you can extend this for a further 29 days, giving a total of 59 days. However it is less than half the price of that extension if you get your visa at the Phils embassy on Sukhumvit prior to travelling.

• Like 1

Fly Cebu Pacific as you can change the flight online up to 4 hours before the flight. If you go visa exempt then you can extend it by 30 days at an immigration office in Thailand (effective 29 August).

• Like 2

If you fly in to Bankok then you can fly to Chiang Mai.

OR if you fly South, I would suggest being based in Krabi, so you can get to Phuket and Samui...

I would be interested in you route as I plan to to do the same next year...

Edited by Maroon Watcher

If you arrive in the Phils on a 30 day permission to enter, you can extend this for a further 29 days, giving a total of 59 days. However it is less than half the price of that extension if you get your visa at the Phils embassy on Sukhumvit prior to travelling.

The OP is coming from the Philippines to Thailand and then back not the other way around.

I know you booked already. I am just noting the following...

Tiger Air used to fly Bangkok to Clark, but now I think they teamed up with Cebu Pacific, and you need to book on the Cebu Pacific website for that info. I will be going in September, but if I fly out of Bangkok, it seems I can only fly into Manila. Tiger website still lists a flight from Chiang Mai (my home) to Clark, but the cost (7000 baht one way) is double that of Bangkok to Manila. Not only that, it has a layover in Singapore. I don't know what happened to Tiger, but burns my butt. Two months ago I did round trip for 6000 baht Bkk to Clk, and 1600 R/T Bkk to Udon (my former home).

Just saying.... wonder what your flight cost and what your route/airline is.

Edited by slipperylobster

It will cost the equivalent of 1000 baht for each entry.

You can get a 2 entry tourist visa that sometimes is a called a double entry. It will allow you two 60 day entries.

A recent report stated that in order to get a 2 entry you you have to show a ticket out of Thailand for each entry.

You can get a double entry tourist visa in Manila. Free for Filipinos, 1'900 per entry for others( maybe it is 1k as others have said, i dont recall). You should simply call the embassy and ask for advice, they speak good english and will tell you what you need to bring and what date your onward ticket needs to be (just need one for a double entry tourist visa, yangon on nokair was cheapest throwaway ticket).It is a heavenly place to get a thai visa compared to vientiane (like 5 people in queue instead of hundreds), but more documents are required.

Edited by mat999