Thai AirAsia cuts 2014 passenger estimates

webfact

Air Asia, what a poor airliner it is. Often late, no service whatsoever, cramped seats. I avoid them like the plague.

On domestic routes, both Nok and Thai are much better, and with Thai you don't have to hike to dmk, which in itself is a bonus. On the Udon route, they aren't much more expensive either,

As to taking Air Asia (x) on long haul flights, you guys must be joking, I wouldn't consider them even if they paid me.

Aircraft A Asia, same aircraft , same seat config, (cramped you say) Udon -DMK never late for me express check in seat always less than half price.

Quote. "no service whatsoever" what ?? no check-in, free for all, anarchy. Be fair when posting this is not a fair across the board criticism.

Drink ?? on a 50 minute flight get a life. Get a membership (e.mail) with A Asia and near every day are stupid offers you cannot refuse, this is the way to do business. this comment is aimed at Thai International.

Air Asia, what a poor airliner it is. Often late, no service whatsoever, cramped seats. I avoid them like the plague.

On domestic routes, both Nok and Thai are much better, and with Thai you don't have to hike to dmk, which in itself is a bonus. On the Udon route, they aren't much more expensive either,

As to taking Air Asia (x) on long haul flights, you guys must be joking, I wouldn't consider them even if they paid me.

Never had a problem with Air Asia with well over 40 flights in the past years for me and er indoors.

Just booked a flight this morning CNX to HK return. 25% cheaper than the next best even with all the additions.

I would definitely fly anytime if they paid me!

• Like 1

Never had a problem with Air Asia with well over 40 flights in the past years for me and er indoors.

Just booked a flight this morning CNX to HK return. 25% cheaper than the next best even with all the additions.

I would definitely fly anytime if they paid me!

WOW, we agree, we agree we agree, have to go to the pharmacy. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Aircraft A Asia, same aircraft , same seat config, (cramped you say) Udon -DMK never late for me express check in seat always less than half price.

Quote. "no service whatsoever" what ?? no check-in, free for all, anarchy. Be fair when posting this is not a fair across the board criticism.

Drink ?? on a 50 minute flight get a life. Get a membership (e.mail) with A Asia and near every day are stupid offers you cannot refuse, this is the way to do business. this comment is aimed at Thai International.

It certainly is fair critism. I have flown with them last november, 4 flights in about a week, none of the flights actually departed on schedule (the smallest delay over half an hour, the largest was longer than the actual flying time). Check-in needed to be done via some machine, otherwise they charge you, yet they do handle your baggage, which makes that restriction silly.

Of course, when leaving the baggage, for 6 persons !, they complained about the total weight being a whopping 4 KG over the limit. Why someone would even consider going to use these kind of cheapskates is beyond me. 4 KG overweight with 6 persons amounts to 666 gram per person, to end the whinging we took one piece on the plane and laughed at such silly behaviour.

One of these four flights was cancelled (by Air Asia), so after calling, they booked us on a flight which would have lead to a layover time at their shitty low cost terminal of over 6 hours (close to 7 with the inevitable delay), yet they refused to get us on an earlier flight, even though a) that flight was more than possible in terms of time, and B) they were the cause of cancelling their own flight.

I no longer consider them, they suck big time.

Nowhere did I mention drinks by the way.

Another post with a lot of rhetoric and emotive language smile.png Honestly, how many flights have you made with Air Asia in the past, say, 2 years?

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Airline/airlineScorecard.do?airline=%28FD%29+Thai+AirAsia&airlineQueryDate=2014-07-28&x=30&y=9

84 % on time departures and 85% on time arrivals seems acceptable

Nok is a great airline, agreed. As for Thai, they are usually significantly more expensive. Using your example, do a search on one way flights between Bangkok (either airport) and Udon Thani this Saturday 2nd August on Skyscanner.

Nok 1,100

Air Asia 1,330

Bangkok Airways 1,390

Thai Airways 3,270

Used to fly AA a lot but now with a baby it is cheaper to fly Nok Air

Never had any issues with AA

Mostly on time

No issues booking

Free carry on use to be enough

Lovely ladies in red

but now

Nokair give free baggage allowance and babies under two fly for free

Another post with a lot of rhetoric and emotive language smile.png Honestly, how many flights have you made with Air Asia in the past, say, 2 years?

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Airline/airlineScorecard.do?airline=%28FD%29+Thai+AirAsia&airlineQueryDate=2014-07-28&x=30&y=9

Nok is a great airline, agreed. As for Thai, they are usually significantly more expensive. Using your example, do a search on one way flights between Bangkok (either airport) and Udon Thani this Saturday 2nd August on Skyscanner.

Nok 1,100

Air Asia 1,330

Bangkok Airways 1,390

Thai Airways 3,270

I taken plenty of flights with them. There is no emotion whatsoever, they simply suck, end of.

By the way, not sure why you are using skyscanner, maybe booking direct with the airline concerned would give you a much better rate ? The rate at Thai Airways website for a flight from BKK to UTH on 2-8 is actually 1450 baht.

Booking a flight between DMK and UTH on Air Asia on the same date, using AA's website comes to 1413 with the same 20KG baggage allowance. A whopping 37 baht difference.

Edited by sjaak327

Nok 1,100

Air Asia 1,330

Bangkok Airways 1,390

Thai Airways 3,270

I taken plenty of flights with them. There is no emotion whatsoever, they simply suck, end of.

By the way, not sure why you are using skyscanner, maybe booking direct with the airline concerned would give you a much better rate ? The rate at Thai Airways website for a flight from BKK to UTH on 2-8 is actually 1450 baht.

Booking a flight between DMK and UTH on Air Asia on the same date, using AA's website comes to 1413 with the same 20KG baggage allowance. A whopping 37 baht difference.

I asked before why on earth are you not on an e.mail with Air Asia, then your prices can be forgotten with other agencies. the highest I have paid is 795 baht the lowest was free -mostly around 550 baht.. I don't see the problem. be a member-oh I forgot they suck. Udon-DMK super service, if need free shuttle to Swampy for onward flights. most people commute U-BKK.

Nok 1,100

Air Asia 1,330

Bangkok Airways 1,390

Thai Airways 3,270

I asked before why on earth are you not on an e.mail with Air Asia, then your prices can be forgotten with other agencies. the highest I have paid is 795 baht the lowest was free -mostly around 550 baht.. I don't see the problem. be a member-oh I forgot they suck. Udon-DMK super service, if need free shuttle to Swampy for onward flights. most people commute U-BKK.

Great, real great. So the lowest you paid was 550 baht, which still means less than 1000 baht difference. As I said before, even if they paid me, I would choose a different airline. On that route, both Thai Air (which flies from BKK which in itself is reason enough to take them) and Nok Air offer a much better experience.

You get what you pay for I guess, I have taken them often enough to know that for me, that small price difference isn't worth it.

• Like 1

In the wake of the two disasters hitting Malaysia Airlines, AirAsia Group operating in and out Malaysia is reported to have gained a lot of passengers, including Chinese.

However, only a few passengers have shifted to Thai AirAsia.

I don't understand this part. Yes, I understand more people might fly on AirAsia, but why would Thai AirAsia think that more people would then fly with them? 100% completely different route networks. If I'm flying from Kuala Lumpur to Saigon, I'm not going to make some domestic hop in Thailand on Thai AirAsia. And if I was flying in to Asia on AirAsia X, it doesn't mean my additional flights will be on AirAsia.

Strange thinking.

Before their flight went into Stanstead at 8,900 baht I believe that was 3 years ago---I saw last year where they were starting a Gatwick service in Nov but didn't hear after that.

Looking at Thai Airways and say Emirates 50,000 and 43,000 baht return Surely A Asia could fill an aircraft at 34,000 baht and make money, anyone could work the revenue income with a full flight or near full to expenses incurred for the flight. Come on A. Asia. get in (dip your bread) while Thai are floundering.

Sri Lankan are doing that already (not to mention business for 65,000 return). Not a great airline, but not bad and now part of One World for point saver's. Their business class cabins and service are more than not bad for a long flight.

• Like 1

Nok 1,100

Air Asia 1,330

Bangkok Airways 1,390

Thai Airways 3,270

Great, real great. So the lowest you paid was 550 baht, which still means less than 1000 baht difference. As I said before, even if they paid me, I would choose a different airline. On that route, both Thai Air (which flies from BKK which in itself is reason enough to take them) and Nok Air offer a much better experience.

You get what you pay for I guess, I have taken them often enough to know that for me, that small price difference isn't worth it.

Without rushing to slap my post, read it----The lowest I said was free, have had fares as well last year for 175 bht, never a problem you be stuck in your ways I will be stuck in mine 55 min flight and uncomfortable, near always late, poor service ???? that's why they are the busiest and best on average---up to you. preferences isn't it ?? they are not good enough for you --fine but why cry it down-OTT.

Before their flight went into Stanstead at 8,900 baht I believe that was 3 years ago---I saw last year where they were starting a Gatwick service in Nov but didn't hear after that.

Looking at Thai Airways and say Emirates 50,000 and 43,000 baht return Surely A Asia could fill an aircraft at 34,000 baht and make money, anyone could work the revenue income with a full flight or near full to expenses incurred for the flight. Come on A. Asia. get in (dip your bread) while Thai are floundering.

Sri Lankan are doing that already (not to mention business for 65,000 return). Not a great airline, but not bad and now part of One World for point saver's. Their business class cabins and service are more than not bad for a long flight.

Been to Bandaran/Col airport so many time with them, not the best but pleasant and a fair price-good value for money.thumbsup.gif

I keep hoping for the start of a D.Muang--London, that would put the cat among the pigeons. PLEASE read this A Asia.

I actually think a while back they did fly to,London , to Gatwick... But obviously the demand was not there, hence the reason they stopped it.

Wrong planes - apples vs oranges.

Air Asia X uses A330-300 - over the max range (which you need when flying to London), the B777-300 is considerably cheaper per seat.

Basically they were getting their a** handed to them on that route.

I keep hoping for the start of a D.Muang--London, that would put the cat among the pigeons. PLEASE read this A Asia.

I actually think a while back they did fly to,London , to Gatwick... But obviously the demand was not there, hence the reason they stopped it.

Air Asia X uses A330-300 - over the max range (which you need when flying to London), the B777-300 is considerably cheaper per seat.

AH, but I didn't say A Asia use the A330-300. Only said they should fly there. B777 ER -A380 I would use if I was running the job-so to operate you get appropriate aircraft, not HAVING to use existing ones. On that direct route, EVA 777, Thai old jumbo, BA varied, not that much competition there only serious one would be EVA. Thai over priced--BA near the same. A.Asia would be well in the race with the aircraft, and only EVA to contend with.

AH, but I didn't say A Asia use the A330-300. Only said they should fly there. B777 ER -A380 I would use if I was running the job-so to operate you get appropriate aircraft, not HAVING to use existing ones. On that direct route, EVA 777, Thai old jumbo, BA varied, not that much competition there only serious one would be EVA. Thai over priced--BA near the same. A.Asia would be well in the race with the aircraft, and only EVA to contend with.

Yes, but part of the model of an LCC is to minimise the aircraft types and try to take maximum advantage of parts commonality.

If they introduced another aircraft type they would lose a lot of the cost advantages.

Yes, but part of the model of an LCC is to minimise the aircraft types and try to take maximum advantage of parts commonality.

If they introduced another aircraft type they would lose a lot of the cost advantages.

I agree but they do not go on what we call long haul to 12 hour flights so they would have to use large fuel saver aircraft.

LHR is branching out so branch out with aircraft to suit of the same type i.e. 777er or A380. and the A350 on the way.