Snake ID

JesseFrank

Possibly a Green Tree Snake. Take a look here if it looks like a match - Green Tree Snake

It may have been a red tail racer, however I don't recall a red tail, so it may have been a white lipped green viper as well.

I would think that a tree snake would also be in a tree and not cross the road to enter my property.

The one in the pumphouse later in the afternoon definitely was a banded krait. I opened the door again about 10 minutes later and it was waiting near the door, but still couldn't kill it as it was shy and lightning fast to disappear in the pumphouse again.

Anyway harmless or not, I don't take chances with snakes as I have seen once a guy who had been bitten by a viper.

He didn't die but had a part of his arm missing as it had rotted away.

Edited by JesseFrank

Possibly a Golden Tree Snake. I read they are bite happy, but non-venemous, at least to humans. I know they move like lightning though. We get a lot up here just outside Khon Kaen. They're a nice looking snake.

It is a back-fanged colubrid with weak venom sufficiently powerful to immobilize its small prey.

Ok tell me about the Krait that is still in the pumphouse. I have now left the door open so that it can go fopr a walk, however there is a manhole from the drainage inside the pumphouse.

Will a krait make it her new home or do they tend to move on to other places shortly.

Ok tell me about the Krait that is still in the pumphouse. I have now left the door open so that it can go fopr a walk, however there is a manhole from the drainage inside the pumphouse.

Will a krait make it her new home or do they tend to move on to other places shortly.

A snake not to be messed with:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banded_krait

I had one of these (Many Banded Krait) in the place here in Laos a few weeks ago...even more dangerous!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-banded_krait

Not very common, shies away from humans but will be a serious problem if bitten by one.

If there are mice or rats or frogs/toads around the area of your home then that is what it is looking for. I would not be too concerned. It would be very strange for it to try and enter your home as they usually try and stay away from people.

I hope so because it's only 2 hours and it gets already very stressful watching that gate, or when walking outside and a jing jok runs over the wall.

Should have killed the bastard.

Talk of killing will get the do gooders up in arms. I am with you on this one, kill the bastards.

post-72604-0-68904200-1406659235_thumb.j

Edited by BillyBobThai

If there are mice or rats or frogs/toads around the area of your home then that is what it is looking for. I would not be too concerned. It would be very strange for it to try and enter your home as they usually try and stay away from people.

Just to digress, as I'm sure the thread will anyway, and the ID of the OP has been done......what happens to snakes that eat poisonous toads?

This picture was taken around easter 2013, on one of my walks not far from my house.

Some snakes are able to eat toads because they are immune to the toxins toads secrete.

golden tree snake harmless but will bite and it will bleed forever, theyre fast

Looked at some pictures on the web and yes it looks like a green viper.

It's gone for now, but do they have a habit of returning to the same place ?

No, snakes rarely return to where they had been, there no such thing as a homing snake.

These snakes should not be killed. Just leave them alone and in most cases will simply move on.

• Like 1

No, snakes rarely return to where they had been, there no such thing as a homing snake.

These snakes should not be killed. Just leave them alone and in most cases will simply move on.

The Kingcobra is stationary and very territorial.

The Kingcobra is stationary and very territorial.

So I may assume that since i haven't noticed a king cobra on my property yet,I'm safe as it will stay where it is now biggrin.png

I definitely have to move. After 2 snakes the other day, I just look switch on the light under the patio, and outside on the patio window sits a spider the size of an adult hand.

That one has left now for the eternal hunting grounds, but how many I haven't noticed.

My friend who lives a few kilometers from here but in a more populated area tol me this morning that his dog last year killed 12 snakes on his property, with one cobra of over 2 meters.w00t.gif