what way to prove 40.000 income per month to bank in thailand ?

I believe the proof of income letter can be a statutary declaration.

The proof of income letter is provided by your embassy. The embassy decides what proof they will accept to issue such letter.

Some embassies, like the US-embassy, do not issue an income letter but allow you to make a statutory declaration instead.

OP is from the UK and the UK issues a letter for which they require proof.

ok thanks ,
                   now lets cut to the chase,  does the monies going into uk bank account ( say hsbc )  need to be from an employer ,  does it matter if say " my family " deposited into bank every month for me the sum of £1000 = 54000 thb .          i can also show 400,000 thb in my account every year.

But you can't show the immigration a wife. So why do you like to show them 400k or the montly income ??

He and his wife has separated. She lives in the UK. So he can't get the extension of stay based on living here with his wife.

Exactly !

I've been thinking that all along.

Did y'all not really read his post in full ?

• Like 1

bear in mind a TT transfer costs around 1300 thb per month.

From a HSBC account, you can transfer up to £2000 for a cost of £4 or 220 baht.......

The rate they gave me was competitive....

Yes HSBC seem to be the cheapest for transfers - my friend told me he was only charged £4 - I paid £25 with Nationwide

To get retirement visa you must be 50 years old at least. Must have either 800 000 Baht in Thai bank, or income of 65000 Baht a month or combination of the two. You say you have 50000 Baht a month so you need 12 x 15000=180 000 in Thai bank.

You must get a letter from your Embassy or your bank etc to show that you have 50 000 Baht a month. Your Embassy have to certify it to be accepted by immigration.

You don't have to transfer the money to Thailand. Just show that you are entitle to so much money and you can have it in Thailand when needed. No one is checking if you really transfer 65000 a month to Thailand.

From a HSBC account, you can transfer up to £2000 for a cost of £4 or 220 baht.......

From an ATM, with the proper banking institution that reimburses ATM/FX fees, there is no charge. Of course, this is for a 370 pounds at a time, if you need larger amounts, HSBC may be the way.

From the UK?

I did my retirement extension last Thursday (I am 70) and I had a letter from the UK Embassy in BKK stating that they had seen my 3 pension providers letters and stating the monthly income in GBP.

When I went to immigration I gave them the originals plus copies of everything and they returned all the originals except the embassy letter. I had more than the required 65,000 baht income and Immigration did not ask for bank statements nor did I have 800,000 baht in the bank.

Attached is a form I made over 3 or 4 yearly visits to immigration.

You may also now need a TM 30 to say where you are living and signed by the house holder/manager etc and 2 other forms which came out very recently.

[attachment=277361:Tick box for retirement extension 2014 v01.pdf]

[attachment=277362:Tick box for retirement extension 2014 v01.xls]

[attachment=277363:Acknowledgement of penalties for a visa overstay.jpg]

[attachment=277364:Acknowledgement terms for permit of temporary stay.jpg]

From an ATM, with the proper banking institution that reimburses ATM/FX fees, there is no charge. Of course, this is for a 370 pounds at a time, if you need larger amounts, HSBC may be the way.

From the UK?

Don't know UK, but I know there are international banks/financial institutions which charge no ATM/FX fees. I even get wire transfers free, but I have been grandfathered in for forty years.

From the UK?

Don't know UK, but I know there are international banks/financial institutions which charge no ATM/FX fees. I even get wire transfers free, but I have been grandfathered in for forty years.

Yes, the UK is where the OP is from.