July 29, 201412 yr My years Ed-Visa runs out soon. Sadly my still appalling- and Im worried that if they ask me any questions in Thai my lack of Thai skill will be very evident, and they may not grant me an extension- Is anybody being quizzed on their Thai on renewal?
July 29, 201412 yr Brush up while you can. Get your teacher to teach you. "I'm sorry but I don't understand. I have only been learning Thai for one year " In Thai obviously! Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app Edited July 29, 201412 yr by casualbiker
July 29, 201412 yr I wouldnt worry too much, in my experience everyone passes. Just hang with someone worse than you on the day & make sure he or she goes in first
July 29, 201412 yr I changed schools and never got tested and didn't have to leave the country. I don't know if this was by chance or what....
July 29, 201412 yr Author Pro Language school tell me that to change school - now have to leave the Country
July 29, 201412 yr Pro Language school tell me that to change school - now have to leave the Country hmmm... what's your native language?
July 29, 201412 yr I changed from muay thai to university and kept the same ED visa, but this was last year
July 30, 201412 yr Author To answer your question Mandrak - my native language is English. ProLanguage explained that the rules have only recently changed!However I have had some good news, that I wanted to share for others benefit too-Visited Rys at Assist Thai Visa .com, and he seems to have found a perfect solution. Using a different language school, I don't need to leave the country and can be processed swiftly (important as my visa runs out in 14 days). He came across as very knowledgable, I hate to use the word, but I think it applies here an 'Expert' Id say. And bottom-line is I trust him-So this seems to be the perfect solution - pray it all goes according to plan. If it doesn't I'll report back
July 30, 201412 yr I changed schools and never got tested and didn't have to leave the country. I don't know if this was by chance or what.... Immigration are getting cute, heard stories that they ask a student a very basic question in thai,and one got threatened with deportation if he couldnt answer another basic question in 90 days.
July 30, 201412 yr I can- just In 1 year???? what about 1000 maybe 5 years Took me about 2 weeks to learnt to count to 100,and thats not with an ed company, i did that on my own
July 30, 201412 yr A friend of mine got tested as he flew back to Thailand last week at Swampy airport. Some may say, there are no reports about this. But i believe him as i know him since years.
July 30, 201412 yr Thai language is very difficult,but to have and pay for an ed visa and not take advantage is criminal.Just shows the main reason why its picked, because no more options lol.
July 30, 201412 yr If the guy can only JUST count to 100,then i can see him having problem. he either is not going to his lessons or finding it very difficult to learn
July 30, 201412 yr Author I can read thai to a small degree, so I can read words (very badly) but have no idea what they mean.I know some basic colours, I know the door, the table, the light, the picture, the floor etc. All of which is almost useless to meBut I cannot have even the most basic conversation in thai Thats just Walens approach, letters, and language over conversation and usefulness
Create an account or sign in to comment