Tested for Student Visa renewal?

My years Ed-Visa runs out soon. Sadly my still appalling- and Im worried that if they ask me any questions in Thai my lack of Thai skill will be very evident, and they may not grant me an extension-

Is anybody being quizzed on their Thai on renewal?

Brush up while you can. Get your teacher to teach you. "I'm sorry but I don't understand. I have only been learning Thai for one year "

In Thai obviously!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by casualbiker

To answer your question Mandrak - my native language is English. ProLanguage explained that the rules have only recently changed!

However I have had some good news, that I wanted to share for others benefit too-

Visited Rys at Assist Thai Visa .com, and he seems to have found a perfect solution. Using a different language school, I don't need to leave the country and can be processed swiftly (important as my visa runs out in 14 days). He came across as very knowledgable, I hate to use the word, but I think it applies here an 'Expert' Id say. And bottom-line is I trust him-

So this seems to be the perfect solution - pray it all goes according to plan.

If it doesn't I'll report back

I changed schools and never got tested and didn't have to leave the country. I don't know if this was by chance or what....

Immigration are getting cute, heard stories that they ask a student a very basic question in thai,and one got threatened with deportation if he couldnt answer another basic question in 90 days.

I can read thai to a small degree, so I can read words (very badly) but have no idea what they mean.
I know some basic colours, I know the door, the table, the light, the picture, the floor etc. All of which is almost useless to me

But I cannot have even the most basic conversation in thai :(

Thats just Walens approach, letters, and language over conversation and usefulness