Best large market for clothes in BKK?

finy

Does anyone know any decent places to buy clothes in Bangkok as I want to stock up before I leave next week?

Some Thai bird told me the weekend market near MoChit and I've heard a few others mentioned too.

They're asking for silly money on Khao San Rd at the moment (double what I was quoted about a month ago) and since I want to buy a lot of each item I don't want to give them my money, especially when they try to rush after me after realizing how stupid they've been once I start walking away.

Friends advised Pratunam, but the GF has been there 2 weeks ago and thought it's as expensive as Pattaya.

I have recently been to MBK and good bargains there are definitely a thing of the past too.

Try chinatown?

Pratunam and Bo Bae are really wholesale but in reality that only means a minimum purchase of 3 items at each shop for a discount.. There are shops/stalls on the periphery that sell single items but, as already noted, prices are not really discount.

According to Mrs TD, Pratunam is for fairly cheap to medium priced items with a few speciality places selling higher end  and Bo Bae has very cheap to medium priced items.

Note , again as told by Mrs TD, the cheapest things at BoBae are also very low quality and not worth buying.

(wife and daughter have several clothes shops and visit Pratunam almost weekly)

• Like 1

OP doesnt say what type of clothing he wants.

Some of these dept stores regularly have back stock sales, selling quality clothing at market prices.

I was in The Mall Bang Kapi yesterday, quality polo shirts, priced at 400 baht each down from 1,200 baht.

I bought 3, there was a women in front of me, ordered 50.

Got talking to her, she said she was taking them back upcountry to sell them at 600 baht each.

If the OP were to do the math, but because he's a Brit tourist he probably can't, he'd quickly realize that clothes in the UK, of similar or better quality, are cheaper in the UK!

But hey, Thailand needs tourists so spend as you will, it helps the exchange rate.

PS: Best bet is to look to discount items at department stores such as Robinsons, cheaper and same/better quality than the markets.

I know I know, markets are always cheaper. zzzzzzzzzcoffee1.gif

Edited by chiang mai

Bobae is a bit hit and miss. Last time we went (you have to go EARLY) we bought large quantities of vests, t shirts and pants, socks, really cheap as well as dresses I think the vendors go around the factories and buy seconds. A few Farangs around, not many were buying. I know that many provincial markets buy stuff here.