Decent buffet in BKK?

finy

At the Ekamai BTS station is a shopping centre called the Gateway. There is a restaurant called Oishi Shabushi in the shopping centre. The concept is you hand over around 300 baht and you eat as much as you like in an hour. The selection is endless, there are static food displays dotted around the restaurant along with uncooked food circulating among the diners on a conveyor belt system very similar to the Japanese food displays you see worldwide. You get a cooking pot in the middle of the table. The food is Japanese/Thai. The food is fresh, the selection is out of this world and an hour is more than enough time to fill up on your calories. There are also plenty of cooked food items like curries etc. Just help yourself. Well worth a visit.

Edited by Thaiberius

At the Ekamai BTS station is a shopping centre called the Gateway. There is a restaurant called Oishi Shabushi in the shopping centre. The concept is you hand over around 300 baht and you eat as much as you like in an hour. The selection is endless, there are static food displays dotted around the restaurant along with uncooked food circulating among the diners on a conveyor belt system very similar to the Japanese food displays you see worldwide. You get a cooking pot in the middle of the table. The food is Japanese/Thai. The food is fresh, the selection is out of this world and an hour is more than enough time to fill up on your calories. There are also plenty of cooked food items like curries etc. Just help yourself. Well worth a visit.

Shabushi is also at MBK, on the 2nd floor I think. The price is actually 349 baht and the time limit is not 1 hour, it's 1 hour 20 minutes. I have also been to Shabushi in Chiang Mai (on the street about 100 m down from the Night Market, on the opposite side of the street) and in Phuket (in Jungceylon) and the price was cheaper in Chiang Mai (279 baht, I believe) but in both places the time limit is 1 hour 20, not 1 hour as you said.

the buffet at the King Power Pullman Hotel complex is fantastic is 1000bht and worth it and is classy

It would want to be for that much.

However, I find buffets come with a "caveat". The temptation to over-eat. Once the price gets over about 500 baht, it looses it's appeal.

Let's be honest here; how many times have you been to a buffet and left feeling uneasy ?????

the buffet at the King Power Pullman Hotel complex is fantastic is 1000bht and worth it and is classy

However, I find buffets come with a "caveat". The temptation to over-eat. Once the price gets over about 500 baht, it looses it's appeal.

Let's be honest here; how many times have you been to a buffet and left feeling uneasy ?????

"Uneasy"? After/because of having eaten at a buffet? ??

Never. Honest. I've just left feeling full.

Shabushi is also at MBK, on the 2nd floor I think. The price is actually 349 baht and the time limit is not 1 hour, it's 1 hour 20 minutes. I have also been to Shabushi in Chiang Mai (on the street about 100 m down from the Night Market, on the opposite side of the street) and in Phuket (in Jungceylon) and the price was cheaper in Chiang Mai (279 baht, I believe) but in both places the time limit is 1 hour 20, not 1 hour as you said.

After all this time I've been missing out on 20 minutes. Edited by Thaiberius

"Uneasy"? After/because of having eaten at a buffet? ??

Never. Honest. I've just left feeling full.

Then you'd probably be one in a thousand. Majority of people never leave adequately full.

After all this time I've been missing out on 20 minutes.

Then go in next time wearing a coat with many pockets. Fill them with food to consume later at home. If noticed, explain that you are a regular customer who was unaware of the true length of the eating time, and are now settling the scores.

• 1 month later...

i live near Best Beef /Onuts BTS.. short walk from sukhumvit soi 50..

I LOVE it.. used to be 199 baht.. but went up to 220baht the last time..

super good value still though... i don't go as often because my wife hates the charcoal smell after eating.. haha but i don't care much!

check it out here

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293916-d3178844-Reviews-Best_Beef-Bangkok.html

Check out the Ibis Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 4. It's located about 1/2 Km down the soi on the left hand side. For the money, B199, it's well worth it. Starts 12:00 - 3.

Yes, I second that.

When in BKK I always try to eat at the Ibis.

I've checked a half dozen others. All very good but the Ibis is the one I like best.

Pleasant dining room, polite staff, and ...good food,