Decent buffet in BKK?

finy

I know there are old threads mentioning these, but thought I'd ask if there is any places with buffets at the moment.

Just looking for somewhere with decent grub. Not too posh and not too crap either.

I'm on a diet at moment and fasting (well eating a few soups per day), so want to hit a buffet up for a nice refeed.

Thanks, I'll check that one out since It's obviously still running.

I was hoping the one opposite Siam Discovery will still open (Buttercups?), but I can't be bothered going to check.

Do that actually have food prepared when you go to a buffet at that price? There was a 199bht one on Samui and they wanted me to pick my uncooked meat and cook it myself.

What exactly does the Ibis on Soi 4 have to offer for their buffet? As I don't work too far from there, the price is right for a visit. I never knew they had a buffet, and I haven't heard about it anywhere else. What's on their menu?

The lunch buffet at the Italian on Soi 8 offers a decent salad bar buffet with soup and a pizza or pasta dish for under 300.....I forget the name now....

Edit: Via Vai...google is my friend.

Edited by smokie36

What exactly does the Ibis on Soi 4 have to offer for their buffet? As I don't work too far from there, the price is right for a visit. I never knew they had a buffet, and I haven't heard about it anywhere else. What's on their menu?

A mix of western and Asian food including Japanese, salad bar, fruit and deserts. Not a lot of dishes but what they offer is well prepared. Give it a try and report back what you think. Hard to beat for B199.

Edited by Spaniel
  • Like 1

My favourite at the moment, for lunch, is The Sathorn at Mode Hotel right off Surasak BTS. 499bt nett including water/soft drink, tea/coffee.

Another is Mistral at Pullman Silom Road - cost I think is 599bt but either with free water or free tea/coffee - the best value is to take the water costs 60bt. Coffee is 120bt for a pretty nasty tasting cup. Good buffet selection and lovely staff in both.

Wanna try Indian for a change.

Have had this thread up my sleeve for a few months but haven't got round to personally check it out. 200 baht sounds like v good value, but I'd be happy to pay substantially more for good quality if it's not as good on quality as the thread indicates.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/623907-cheapest-indian-food-buffet-in-bangkok/

Edited by SantiSuk

My favourite at the moment, for lunch, is The Sathorn at Mode Hotel right off Surasak BTS. 499bt nett including water/soft drink, tea/coffee.

Another is Mistral at Pullman Silom Road - cost I think is 599bt but either with free water or free tea/coffee - the best value is to take the water costs 60bt. Coffee is 120bt for a pretty nasty tasting cup. Good buffet selection and lovely staff in both.

Well in that price range there's a pretty good one on one of the upper floors in the Siam complex. Sorry - forget which (Siam Paragon, Discovery, Central World Plaza - 'don't get there that often and tend to mix them up...). Just remember it's on an upper floor with other restaurants. A selection of buffet-style entrees, salads, soup, etc. plus a few things prepared to order. 'Think it was 499B. Nothing to write home about but not bad at all.

It's not exactly in the area you were looking, but I think the Majestic Hotel on Suk Soi 2 has a nice lunch buffett and a good atmosphere - a mix of asian and western dishes - about 8-10 with a carved meat station and a salad bar and a nice dessert selection. THB 400

Bayoke Sky, dinner around 600 baht, their buffet got (almost) everything - also a on-top-of-Bangkok view included...

Have read some fairly negative reviews about this place (with which I agreed for the most part). Go for the view, but the buffet is severely average.

• Like 1

There is a decent buffet (i.e., "all you can eat") at the "Cafe G" inside the Holiday Inn next to the BTS Chit Lom station. It's on the ground floor, right across the street from Hagen Daz.

As of last year, the price was about 300 baht. It's not Bangkok's best food, but it's pretty tasty. There is a Thai-Farang food selection there.

I have been to several other all-you-can-eat spots. Most of them I found in Thai as internet deals, time limited promotions at hotels and restaurants. If you can't read Thai, then get someone who can to do a quick search. These deals come and go all the time, prices are usually 400-700 baht per person, but the food can be quite nice.

Bayoke Sky, dinner around 600 baht, their buffet got (almost) everything - also a on-top-of-Bangkok view included...

Have read some fairly negative reviews about this place (with which I agreed for the most part). Go for the view, but the buffet is severely average.

Have you been there or just read…?
I’ve been there several times over a number of years, it’s fine for the price to my taste and has a huge variety to choose from – however, always a matter of taste – but shall not be compared to Oriental, which also is a different price level… smile.png

Have you been there or just read…?
I’ve been there several times over a number of years, it’s fine for the price to my taste and has a huge variety to choose from – however, always a matter of taste – but shall not be compared to Oriental, which also is a different price level… smile.png

Yes - was there once. And was not impressed (with the food - the view was great). Wouldn't go back, unless it was with someone new to Bangkok who I wanted to see the view. AND I've read reviews from others who share my opinion, so I don't think it's just me.

• Like 1

The food is very average. Not worth the money

A mix of western and Asian food including Japanese, salad bar, fruit and deserts. Not a lot of dishes but what they offer is well prepared. Give it a try and report back what you think. Hard to beat for B199.

Ibis on Suk Soi 4 is the best price for value buffet I know of it BKK. And the 199b price includes tax and service charge.

The staff are usually pleasant, it's air con, the dining area and the food area are kept clean, and they have a nice range of offerings.

Usually, a regular and fried rice, maybe a half dozen varieties of various meat or fish and vegetable dishes usually Thai varieties, one or two pasta selections, a section for pre-prepared cut sushi rolls (very simple kinds), a fresh salad bar, a couple of hot soups, a variety of Thai cold salads, usually a carved roast chicken or pork, usually a plate of grilled vegetables, some kind of potato dish, and for desert, two choices of ice cream, some simple cut cakes, Thai sweets, and fresh cut fruits. Complimentary water, hot tea and coffee.

They also accept bank cards for payment in addition to cash.

It's not exactly in the area you were looking, but I think the Majestic Hotel on Suk Soi 2 has a nice lunch buffett and a good atmosphere - a mix of asian and western dishes - about 8-10 with a carved meat station and a salad bar and a nice dessert selection. THB 400

The Majestic Grande on Soi 2 is another very good quality choice for a reasonable price. Their dining room is up on the 7th floor of the hotel overlooking their small swimming pool. The quality and range of their selections is excellent. Whom ever is cooking their is doing a really good job. They also have a desert table that's filled with some really good offerings. The food there is on a par with the offerings of the much bigger and far more expensive hotels.

During the week, you often have to call ahead for reservations, otherwise they'll be booked up. Their dining room is relatively small in terms of total seating capacity.

Another very good quality choice in the 350-400 baht price range is the Holiday Inn's Cafe G very close to the Ploenchit BTS Station along the main road there. The dishes themselves are probably more ordinary that the Majestic Grand. But the selection and variety is broader. Again, comfortable, clean, air con setting, good staff, much bigger dining area. I believe, they offer their buffet as both a lunch and a dinner offering, with perhaps a bit bigger selection for the dinner serving. Their buffet also includes complimentary water and refill soft drinks, a desert table of both Thai and western choices, and a counter for made-to-order pasta choices. The regular entrees lean more to Thai dishes than Majestic, by comparison.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I like that chain of restaurants in many of the malls all over Bkk that is buffet style, the dishes float by on little boats and you cook them at you table. Reasonable price. But I'm having a senior moment and the name just slipped my mind. Grrrrrr.