Who's this elite card for?

the minimum requirement to have a "working visa" including the 4 thais and 1 farang is around 8-9k per month for the 'medical system' so someone had the great idea to get that money in exchange of some benefits and to avoid irregularities?

What I am guessing is that Thailand have a big community of digital nomads that can afford that price while getting some extra smiles at the frontiers.

Edited by Maestro
Removed off-topic video

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For 500k you can rent a place in Phnom Penh for a year , pay for a 1 year visa there, take flights to Bangkok or any other places in Thailand every week for a year and still have money left .

Hang on! So for the same price as 5 years of relatively hassle-free immigration status in Thailand, I can get 1 year 'all inclusive' deal in Cambodia.

Where do I sign up?

(thousands were killed in the rush)

For anyone's information I have just joined the 5 year scheme, really hassle free process and in reply to the previous post I can only see more and more people joining making the scheme for secure as to be honest up until recently and if it for not reading these forums I didn't know it existed, but it's a perfect solution for my personal situation and I am sure many others now .

Good on you mate. it's what i would have done if i was single

I am married (did those extensions before) and retired (doing those extensions now) and I am thinking about the benefits of the lowest echelon Elite Card. For 500k baht, one can forego seasoning of funds, pension letters, local bank statements, swearing to affidavits, proof of income letters, last-minute ATM print outs or pictures of the conjugal bed, maps to the house, sitting for hours with the wife once a year and all that other sh!te.

If the 90-day reporting becomes all too arduous, we can always pop over to Cambodia and see how balo is doing... could do it every weekend if we really wanted to.

• Like 2

Shall any of us (Thailand Elite members) start a new thread about our good experiences with this program?

I can write about several good experiences and would not mind to share these good times here, as we do on the Facebook page (in a good atmosphere).

Of course, the one of us starting the thread will be quickly categorized as "yet another rich dum guy bragging about his wealth"... But who cares smile.png

As a long time TE member, I feel very happy to see new members joining this program. Really !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Go for it. I'd be buying one if i wasn't getting married.....can you DM a link to the FB page please...............

• Like 1

Angry people are taking the Elite out of elite. The best free marketing campaign ever and at no cost. Without Thai Visa no additional card would have been sold. It would be interesting to see the numbers from the past few months.

• Like 1

I mentioned that if you have 500k to drop on a visa, you certainly must have 10 million to invest. With 10 million you can stay in Thailand "for free" and Thailand will even reward you - in my case more than a Canadian bank which pays half the interest of a Thai bank.

Again, who bought this 500k visa? Raise your hand!

I have.

Very easy math, really. Fly coach from Europe once a year and you have your 500,000.00 in your hand for your petit-elite card.

I do not understand Thailand enough to invest 10 million there. I do not want to own any property in Thailand. And I do not intend to live in Thailand in the foreseeable future. I am a very frequent visitor and the card program suits me just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

For 500k you can rent a place in Phnom Penh for a year , pay for a 1 year visa there, take flights to Bangkok or any other places in Thailand every week for a year and still have money left .

But when taking flights to Thailand every week. You would still need the Elite card wink.png

Balo, when I lived and worked in Phnom Penh back in 2003, my company was paying almost B500K ANNUALLY (US$1200 a month) just for my apartment!!! It was quite an apartment in 1A Street, or maybe it was A1 Street, can't remember, just behind Wat Phnom, so no change left for flights and travel from B500K.

I'm sure there are cheaper apartments, but would you want to live in them? Or maybe prices have come down considerably??

Right on bangkoklasse.

I understand that there might be 2 categories for this elite card. Extremely rich or extremely stupid. So far, I have only seen extremely stupid on Thai Visa.

I will be, however, investing 10 million for my trouble free stay in Thailand when the time comes.

Kind Regards and thanks to everyone who answered.

I understand that there might be 2 categories for this elite card. Extremely rich or extremely stupid. So far, I have only seen extremely stupid on Thai Visa.

I will be, however, investing 10 million for my trouble free stay in Thailand when the time comes.

Good luck with that.

• Like 1

The 10 mil investment visa does not exist anymore

Now what?

you really haven't came out of this very well at all since you started this theguyfromanotherforum, another failed attempt!

• Like 1

It will be back.

You had lots of good comments about Non Im. There should be an investment visa thread where whose who has experience with the visa can give some feedback, and the most important threads are linked. I guess if you don't want to listen you can always get your own experiences. The 3m investment visa was introduced after the crack in 1997. Taken out by Thaksin. Got back as 10m while the last general was prime minister. With as popular TE seems, I doubt they want rich people to have an other way to get a visa to Thailand. But yeah, I hope you are right. I also hope that for those who did get the investment visa, and were unable to renew it. For those who want to transfer the money out of Thailand, I hope this happens hassle free.

Good grief! I can see your toys all out the pram from way over here. Especially after this last page with many commenting they are seriously considering it along with those savvy enough to have already 'invested' in the card chiming in

Your gurning isn't impressing anyone; even less so when you obviously haven't even researched the subject matter. I mean how else would you be suggesting that there's only 2 categories?...unless that's just to make your rather puerile point?

No, you have researched neither the elite card nor the investment visa.

Do you like cock fighting btw?

I wonder what the bitter anti-Elite card posters are going to come up with now...

The traditional opponents of this very convenient visa option will need some new arguments, now that more and more people buy the card...

But at the end we will probably find out that there is nothing wrong with the Thailand Elite program, and that what drives the anti-Elite card posters is just jealousy and hate of the wealthier segment of the farang society.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

I wonder what the bitter anti-Elite card posters are going to come up with now...

The traditional opponents of this very convenient visa option will need some new arguments, now that more and more people buy the card...

But at the end we will probably find out that there is nothing wrong with the Thailand Elite program, and that what drives the anti-Elite card posters is just jealousy and hate of the wealthier segment of the farang society.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That's wot u fake elitists don't get.

It is not more convenient.

It is the ALMOST the same amount of hassle as any other visa.

so there is no jealousy.

I can't believe that so many have engaged this idiot, and he is a card carrying idiot without doubt, for so long. It's quite obvious that he's a troll, so why bother. I foolishly posted a couple of times, but the best thing we can do to the likes of this imbecile and y2K is ignore them completely and hopefully they lose interest. Unfortunately, they'll pop up under a different identity, spruik their stupid, illogical tripe, are discovered as reincarnations of the fool from another forum and y2K, and then we ignore them all over.

Surely even those of such low intellect as those two would get the message if they are being ignored?? Surely!!

Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 1

I can't believe that so many have engaged this idiot, and he is a card carrying idiot without doubt, for so long. It's quite obvious that he's a troll, so why bother. I foolishly posted a couple of times, but the best thing we can do to the likes of this imbecile and y2K is ignore them completely until they pop up under a different identity, spruik their stupid, illogical tripe, are discovered as reincarnations of the fool from another forum and y2K, and then we ignore them all over.

Surely even those of such low intellect as those two would get the message if they are being ignored?? Surely!!

I know what your saying but as long as its done with love and humour then just feel blessed you werent born that way. Maybe he wasnt breast fead? Who knows but judging by most of the responses on here hes actually done more to promote the Elite card. Irony hey. I thought it was Karl Pilkington at first ( my UK brothers and sisters would get that one.) Anyway hes quest for attention has backfired and am sure he is saving as we speak for his Elite membership from his bedsit in Manchester. Im a manc by the way so actually a big at myself haha. I actually dont think of him as an idiot just someone who craves attention so much , and , yes we fell for it. Ahh well. Life goes on. Now back to my Shiraz ( I drunk all the Merlot) ;). I agree with him/her on one point. Elite Card does sound a little Elitist. Maybe rename it the Exclusive Wealthy Membership of Thailand (Idiots need not Apply) Card but you would need a bigger card to fit it all on. In Peace

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I can't believe that so many have engaged this idiot, and he is a card carrying idiot without doubt, for so long. It's quite obvious that he's a troll, so why bother. I foolishly posted a couple of times, but the best thing we can do to the likes of this imbecile and y2K is ignore them completely until they pop up under a different identity, spruik their stupid, illogical tripe, are discovered as reincarnations of the fool from another forum and y2K, and then we ignore them all over.

I know what your saying but as long as its done with love and humour then just feel blessed you werent born that way. Maybe he wasnt breast fead? Who knows but judging by most of the responses on here hes actually done more to promote the Elite card. Irony hey. I thought it was Karl Pilkington at first ( my UK brothers and sisters would get that one.) Anyway hes quest for attention has backfired and am sure he is saving as we speak for his Elite membership from his bedsit in Manchester. Im a manc by the way so actually a big at myself haha. I actually dont think of him as an idiot just someone who craves attention so much , and , yes we fell for it. Ahh well. Life goes on. Now back to my Shiraz ( I drunk all the Merlot) wink.png. I agree with him/her on one point. Elite Card does sound a little Elitist. Maybe rename it the Exclusive Wealthy Membership of Thailand (Idiots need not Apply) Card but you would need a bigger card to fit it all on. In Peace

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My son in law's position on idiots like the one from another planet is that provided they don't inconvenience him in his life, then he's OK with them.

My view is that idiots like him shouldn't be allowed out without a bell around their necks to warn the rest of us they're on the loose. My tolerance for and of stupidity is not high.

I think you're right about him promoting the Elite Card though. The name doesn't concern me in the slightest.

I hope that's an Australian Merlot, or Shiraz, you're drinking. Those from Coonawarra in South Australia, are some of the best in the world.

Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 1

Thank you for the inputs and outputs I have received in this awesome thread. It seems like Elite may be an option. But I was wondering why would an individual want to sponsor a government program instead of marriage. You can help a poor Isaan gal with 500k and I am sure she will let you stay married for 5 years minimum. U can draw a contract for 5 years. I would like to help those sexy Isaan gals.

I can't believe that so many have engaged this idiot, and he is a card carrying idiot without doubt, for so long. It's quite obvious that he's a troll, so why bother. I foolishly posted a couple of times, but the best thing we can do to the likes of this imbecile and y2K is ignore them completely and hopefully they lose interest. Unfortunately, they'll pop up under a different identity, spruik their stupid, illogical tripe, are discovered as reincarnations of the fool from another forum and y2K, and then we ignore them all over.

If I may, I will disagree a bit with you.

I truly believe that these anti-Elite card posts are very useful, because they are so ridiculous and baseless, that it reinforces the arguments of the pro-Elite card posters.

Without these trolls, the convenient option of having a PE visa would be less known from other posters and readers of this forum.

So, each time there is an obvious troll thread about the card, we should reply and make the thread go on.

Not only to inform others, it's also fun :)

There is another troll who just started a new thread. While the goal of the OP is obviously to criticize the program, the final result will be positive, with more members joining TE.

In these uncertain times for visa runners, ED visa holders, and other types of "zig zag residence option", the TE card is the safe way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1