Who's this elite card for?

I can not even spend more than 20k, how guys can spend lot of money in thailand? I m rich, but I have hard time to spend money here. After spending for everything I need, I m barely at 15k bahts/month. My friend told me they need around 20k to be comfortable in Thailand.

Explain? Because it s impossible to spend 100k bahts a month here unless someone take (steal) your money like gogo or else. In this case you are a loser. Rich people are rich because they keep their cash... Do you think I will pay for an elite card...? When I can keep the money instead? Get real.

What's the point in just keeping your money? Are you saving for your next life or?

I paid 40k + electric for my apartment here in Bangkok for many years.

• Like 1

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you need 40k for food in thailand you are probably obese.

I m at 4k for food with local food.

What the f... I will do with a big boat or cars? I can buy all these things anyway if I want, but I don't want bother with materialism, insurance, maintenance... I don't feel more happy when I have more things but I feel happy when my bank accounts are fully loaded.

Yes I keep my £ for my next life and I help people instead. for me money represent security.

I can travel wherever I want, I prefer to travel once a year and save money from this Elite card . I will stay with a tourist visa and go "home" once a year.

Edited by bitcoinman
  • Like 1

What the f... I will do with a big boat or cars? I can buy all these things anyway if I want, but I don't want bother with materialism, insurance, maintenance... I don't feel more happy when I have more things but I feel happy when my bank accounts are fully loaded.

Yes I keep my £ for my next life and I help people instead. for me money represent security.

I can travel wherever I want, I prefer to travel once a year and save money from this Elite card . I will stay with a tourist visa and go "home" once a year.

You seem very rich indeed :)

Good luck with you savings and your cheap food. Apart from these two your life seems rather empty, at least to me.

But if you are happy it is the most important. With or without Elite card :)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Here's a better reply.

If the baht devalues by 50% then your 10 million Baht investment in Thailand may look a lot, lot worse than the 500,000 Baht Junior Elite.

Back-to-back tourist visas are doable now but the writing seems to be on the wall, particularly if you hail from a country immigration officers consider undesirable or suspicious.

ED Visa may easily cost you 5 x 50,000 Baht over 5 years = 250,000 Baht + a lot of hassle attending classes you don't want to attend, border runs, etc.

You're wrong about border runs with Junior Elite. They are not necessary.

You forgot to include the free airport transfers.

Getting married or having kids to obtain permission to stay in Thailand seems a bit extreme to me and fraught with dangers.

Getting a job in Thailand will be inappropriate for many.

Setting up a company that does nothing except provide you with a Work Permit and Yearly Extension = 100,000 x 5 = 500,000 + a lot of headaches.

However I agree with you, it is expensive, but it is a solution that works for some.

Wp cost more per year i think. Cuz u need pay urself min salary 50k and pay tax.

I can not even spend more than 20k, how guys can spend lot of money in thailand? I m rich, but I have hard time to spend money here. After spending for everything I need, I m barely at 15k bahts/month. My friend told me they need around 20k to be comfortable in Thailand.

Explain? Because it s impossible to spend 100k bahts a month here unless someone take (steal) your money like gogo or else. In this case you are a loser. Rich people are rich because they keep their cash... Do you think I will pay for an elite card...? When I can keep the money instead? Get real.

You can't be serious. Impossible to spent 100K? I think it's absolutly impossible to spend only 20K. That's the monthly room rate for a Condo or house, nothing more, not even a luxury one. If you go out eating many times a week or daily, and you are not want to eat only noddle soup on the street than you spent easily 1K for eating every day, especially if you are not alone. Not to mention a car or other transportation costs, buy some clothes and other things you need. Some imported cheese, wine or italian ham - i have really no idea how you can stay here and spent only 20K a month.

There is a "Kee Nok" card for you.

You only have to show the Immigration that you never spend over 15k a month. And that you are younger than 50. And have been a Digital Nomad the last two years. And that you eat a 30 bahts noodle soup two times a day

Edited by larsjohnsson
  • Like 2

Some people prefer high class restaurants, fine wine dining and a little bit ambiente. If you consider sitting around on plastic chairs on the street in the middle of the traffic and eating a noddle soup, of course, than you dont need 40K a month for eating. Maybe you also not need some money for cloting, one singha t-shirt should be enough.

For me money represents also security and i can also travel around where i want. But sitting on a cheap plastic chair in the middle of the traffic makes me feel insecure. A lifestyle like a tramp doesn't make me feel safe. I prefer to have security and are able to travel but with dignity. If i have to choose my food after the price of it, if i wouldn't be able to choose quality, good tasting clean food, i would return to my homecountry and request social welfare, so that it would be possible again to live a normal life.

Edited by AsienExpat
  • Like 1

isn't it funny how these rich jet set people still find time to post on TV all day rolleyes.gif

Soon you will be part of the jet set smile.png

Weren't you ready to buy back the Elite card of another member?

Nah I'm very far from a jet set lifestyle, I can live on 15,000 baht a month biggrin.png

haven't bought anything yet, just trying to gather as much information as possible, not sure if I want to stay in Thailand full-time or not,. time will tell wink.png

Why on earth would you buy an elite card off another person ?

Surely the idea of it is the Thai government making money, not someone who got fed up with Thailand wanting to get some money back.

Not something I would do as 2nd hand visas wont be far from the top of the list now other things have been sorted.

Since the Thailand Elite membership is transferable to someone else, why would anyone not consider to buy the card of another member?

The privileges are the same.

It of course depends how much the member wants to sell his membership... But in some cases I guess someone can make a good deal.

Never met anyone who bought the card from another member though...

• Like 1

The elite card works out to 274 baht per day. Far from "elite".

Depends on the point of view. That's the minimum salary paid just for the privilege of being able to breath on Thai soil. For Thais paying 30b per meal that's pretty hardcore.

Good then you can go back to Scouser's and get on the dole for more then Cobber.

The elite card is for westerners who pay more than 275 baht/person for evening meal only. Can you imagine that? One pizza 10 inch pepperoni 229 baht at Beccofino. Aqua 20 baht. Hardly a princely sum for a retired French plumber. How low of a person are you? Do your costs outweigh your benefits to the Thai nation? If so go back to where you come from. If you have no family here, or do not qualify for extention if stay based on retirement you are not wanted. Is it that complicated to comprehend?

Edited by arunsakda

Good then you can go back to Scouser's and get on the dole for more then Cobber.

The elite card is for westerners who pay more than 275 baht/person for evening meal only. Can you imagine that? One pizza 10 inch pepperoni 229 baht at Beccofino. Aqua 20 baht. Hardly a princely sum for a retired French plumber. How low of a person are you? Do your costs outweigh your benefits to the Thai nation? If so go back to where you come from. If you have no family here, or do not qualify for extention if stay based on retirement you are not wanted. Is it that complicated to comprehend?

I suppose a dinner with wine for three or four people in a good Bangkok restaurant costing about 10k would be completely crazy to some people and normal for others.

In my experience restaurants like this can be very busy.

Is it possible to choose down payments, instead of paying 500k cash . I could pay 20k monthly .

Absolutely possible, you can pay as little as you want, as long is constant payments made in good faith.

Can u exchange limo service for short time? It's a downgrade anyway.

For something called "Elite", this card should at least get you into some of the private clubs, no ?

I doubt very much that the posters of this forum would enjoy such places as the Pacific City Club (where Thailand Elite members are welcome).

But the Khi Nok Card (introduced in post #400) certainly has hundreds of sleazy bars recommendations and cheap beer promotions.

There is a card for every style :)

• Like 1

I doubt very much that the posters of this forum would enjoy such places as the Pacific City Club (where Thailand Elite members are welcome).

But the Khi Nok Card (introduced in post #400) certainly has hundreds of sleazy bars recommendations and cheap beer promotions.

There is a card for every style smile.png

Just don't say "cheap" in the context of a Thai Elite thread. Kinds spoils the atmosphere.

• Like 1

Is it possible to choose down payments, instead of paying 500k cash . I could pay 20k monthly .

Absolutely possible, you can pay as little as you want, as long is constant payments made in good faith.

Rubbish. Full payment required in advance by wire or bank transfer.

Can u exchange limo service for short time? It's a downgrade anyway.

For something called "Elite", this card should at least get you into some of the private clubs, no ?

There is a card for every style smile.png

Au contraire Gerry they'd love it. They could fill up their tupperware containers from the Sunday Brunch and eat like kings all week.