Mallmagician Touches Down In Cm

mallmagician

Hi All!

Well, I've touched down in CM, and settled into Viangbua very well. Great apartments.

Had my breakfast and had a wander around CM, its as nice as I remember!

Anyway, to the point. If anyones going out before this Friday (My UN Irish Pub Pi$$ Up), let me know.

And finally, where can I get cheap English DVD's? Can I buy during the day cheaply? Or am I best going to the Night Bizzarre? I'm looking for series such as 24 and Lost. PM me if your information is sensitive :o

Cheers

Phil :D

And finally, where can I get cheap English DVD's? Can I buy during the day cheaply? Or am I best going to the Night Bizzarre? I'm looking for series such as 24 and Lost.

I've seen Lost for sale in small shop on the ground floor of Pantip Plaza but better hurry looks like the shop is having a clearance / closing down sale.

And finally, where can I get cheap English DVD's? Can I buy during the day cheaply? Or am I best going to the Night Bizzarre? I'm looking for series such as 24 and Lost.

I've seen Lost for sale in small shop on the ground floor of Pantip Plaza but better hurry looks like the shop is having a clearance / closing down sale.

maybe is "sell the pirated shit sale"

I spent a week in the Viangbua last year before getting a permanent place. It's clean, efficient, and seems very secure. There's often a tuk tuk waiting out front for an overpriced ride anywhere you want to go. Otherwise, walk out to the main road and there's little problem catching a songtheiuw. The Thanin Market is a block away. imho it's the best market in CM for take-away and the stalls selling made to order meals are a great value. Besides a noisy internet cafe a block away and a 7-11, there's not much else in the neighborhood you'd be walking to.

Mallmagician ..

Very interested in your experiences at the Viangbua Apts. I'm due there at the end of Oct. for a week. Easy transportation around town ? Neighborhood around the hotel ?

TIA

Don

I thought that for what you get Viangbua is very over-priced.

Well, been here for 2 days now.

It is difficult for me to review these apartments from the viewpoint of price compared to other apartments.

I can however, give my opinion of the apartments based on what I've seen/experienced.

Staff Friendliness - Very friendly, the maids just left, who very swiftly cleaned my apartment, and were very polite. The front desk are very accomodating, and welcoming.

Cleanliness - The whole building is very clean, my room is clean. No complaints there.

Size - The apartment is plenty big enough for me, and even if my partner was here, she would fit in the apartment too - even including her wardrobe!!

Internet - Very quickly connected - speed is pretty fast most of the time, and does slow sometimes, but probably a Thailand thing rather than connection quality. Each floor has its own wireless connection.

Food - Not eaten here yet, but am looking forward to a breakfast delivered to my room!

Location - Yeah, its a bit out of the way for the centre of CM - but as a previous poster mentioned - Tuk Tuks can be got from out front usually. If not, you can head over to the Rimping Supermarket (about 1 block) where there are usually Tuk Tuks hanging around. Very useful for the market and SUpermarket by the way!

I don't know what else to include! I am paying 12,000 BAHT per month, with 500 BAHT fee for my internet. I think this is pretty reasonable for the size/decor/service.

Thanks

Phil