House Republicans vote to sue President Obama

webfact

France.

Indonesia.

Kenya.

Malaysia.

Anyway, I'm not talking about government to government.

I'm talking about civilian populations.

There was celebrations all round the world when Dubya left office. It would have been the same even if McCain had won.

The depth of hatred for that man by non-US citizens was unprecedented.

Are you honestly so naive that you can believe more than 1% of the US population really cares what other nationalities think of the President?

When non-US citizens gain the right to vote it might become an issue.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

France.

Indonesia.

Kenya.

Malaysia.

There was celebrations all round the world when Dubya left office. It would have been the same even if McCain had won.

Are you honestly so naive that you can believe more than 1% of the US population really cares what other nationalities think of the President?

When non-US citizens gain the right to vote it might become an issue.

I know full well that the US population doesn't care what the rest of the world thinks. Did I say it did?

But, the rest of the world does have eyes and brains. Dubya left the world a more dangerous place and he bankrupted the USA doing it.

Never did understand how fiscally conservative Republicans still play the apologist for him.

I was expecting the usual nonsense by the Fox News tools.

The American people think that Obama is the worst president since WW2. Why even bother 
making justifications and excuses for his failed policies? No one is buying it anymore. 
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/07/poll-obama-worst-president-since-wwii-108507.html

No, not the American people. Republicans.

Wrong. Americans. The poll was a cross section of democrats, republicans and independents. The "rest of the world" can comment on their own inept leaders.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

YOU ASK WHY?

Immigrants to be Housed in 'Suites' Near San Antonio

KARNES CITY - Immigration and Customs Enforcement on Friday will open a remodeled detention center three hours north of the Rio Grande Valley.

The Karnes City center will house women and children who entered the country illegally through the Valley.

The 532-bed facility underwent a massive renovation to house women and children. The center housed only adult immigrants in the past.

Immigrants will be at the facility for an average of 23 days.

The feds said the rooms will be referred to as "suites." The suites are furnished with bunk beds, play tables for children, flat-screen television sets and landline telephones.

"I will refer to everyone in this facility as a resident. ICE generally refers to people in custody as detainees," ICE San Antonio Field Office Director Enrique Lucero said.

Lucero oversaw the transformation of the center.

The center has a soccer field covered with artificial turf, basketball courts, ping pong tables and a weight room. Officials also have plans to install a playground.

A charter school from nearby San Antonio will provide schooling and access to a library for the immigrant children.

The immigrants will get medical screenings. Children will receive physicals within 24 hours of arriving at the center and women within a week.

"There is a dentist on site," Lucero said.

There is a room where the immigrants will get to pick new clothes. Every illegal immigrant will be able to choose six sets of clothes, including shoes and socks.

"While residents are here ... we will provide a safe and humane environment," Lucero said.

The feds estimate it will cost approximately $74,000 a day to house 532 immigrants at the center. That's an average of $140 a day per person.

Officials did not disclose how much the government spent to refurbish the center.

“Common sense is not so common.” 
  ― Voltaire

And yet the Republicans blocked their own bill. They appear to be eating their own tail, such is their desperation to please the Tea Party, Yet they criticise Obama for actually doing SOMETHING. Actually they criticise him for doing anything.

Washington (CNN) -- On what was supposed to be the last day before summer recess, dysfunction reigned in Congress.

House Republican leaders called off a vote Thursday on their $659 million emergency response to the border influx from Central America overwhelming immigration resources, unable to agree among themselves about what to do.

Edited by Chicog

The American people think that Obama is the worst president since WW2. Why even bother 

making justifications and excuses for his failed policies? No one is buying it anymore. 

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/07/poll-obama-worst-president-since-wwii-108507.html

That same survey would have had the same result between the election and his inauguration- before he even set foot in the White House.  Just based on his skin color and his party.  

He had 4 strikes against him:  Black, highly educated, well spoken and Democrat.  He could have solved world hunger, brought peace to the Middle East, cured cancer and balanced the budget and a portion of Americans would still hate the guy.

Truth is, he followed the worst president in the last 100 years.  Sadly, he's been a major disappointment, but nowhere near as bad as W.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

That same survey would have had the same result between the election and his inauguration- before he even set foot in the White House.  Just based on his skin color and his party.  

Oh really. Everyone in America is "racist". How did he get elected twice then? cheesy.gif

When I started reading the post above, with its labor force participation rate declining, and so on, I immediately thought about increases in SSDI increases (used to be called SSI), ....and there it was, further down in the post:

Disability insurance entitlement explodes under Obama

I don't blame Obama for every trend in the US, but maybe that's because I like him.

However, there's no denying the monumental increase in SSDI claims. Here's the drill: Your average American (fat, lazy, wants easy money, has health problems) gets a lawyer who specializes in getting SSDI. You get 3 tries before a judge. First time, you're probably turned down. No problem. 2nd or 3rd time, you're almost certainly approved. Here's the weird part: There is never anyone in court to represent the government. In other words, it's the plaintiff (the person who wants monthly hand-outs the rest of his life) and his attorney, petitioning the judge (no jury). The judge figures, "well, if the government isn't going to contest this claim, then I'll award it." There are towns in the US, particularly in the SE, where over 60% of all residents (incl. children) are getting funny money from the Federal Gov't. The US is fast becoming a nation of mostly overweight do-nothings. Oh pardon me, they do something: They waddle over to the post box once a month to pick up their disability check.

Oh really. Everyone in America is "racist". How did he get elected twice then? 

Not everyone, but you can poll it that way.

The reason he got elected is because of the horrid candidates the Repubs were able to field against him.  And the absolute horror to think that W's administrations' policies could go on for another 4-8 years.  Though I think McCain would have beaten Obama easily had he followed any administration but W's, or even if he had distanced himself from the neocons' policies.  Well, except for that Palin thing....  

To be clear, I'm not so down on W himself, but his administration was a global catastrophe- and the buck stops with him.  I think he was basically a decent man, out of his league- surrounded by his Dad's cronies who served him poorly. Cronies who will go down in history as the worst scoundrels of any administration of the last 100 years- and that includes Nixon's criminal bunch.

And on a personal note, people will take you more seriously if you don't have to follow your posts with your own version of a laugh track.  Emoticons are for linguistic cripples (and little kids).

Edited by impulse

Not everyone, but you can poll it that way.

So now Quinnipiac University are faking their polls to make Obama look bad? It is a highly respected outfit. I sort of doubt it. giggle.gif

And on a personal note, people will take you more seriously if you don't have to follow your posts with your own version of a laugh track.

Thanks for the advice, but aren't you the guy who is implying that most Americans are racist and that Quinnipiac University are faking their polls? I'm not really interested in your opinion on producing convincing posts after those words of wisdom. Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Here are a couple of news items out today on the Obama recovery and fiscal policies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Number of Unemployed Women Increased in July by 227,000

August 1, 2014 - 9:03 AM

By Ali Meyer

(CNSNews.com) - The number of unemployed women 16 years and over increased by 227,000 in July as the unemployment rate for women ticked up from 5.9 percent to 6.2 percent, according to data released today from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

In July there were 4,494,000 women who were unemployed, an increase of 227,000 from June, when 4,267,000 women were unemployed. A person is counted as unemployed by the BLS if they say they did not have a job during the month but they were actively seeking one.

...and...
11,472,000 Americans Have Left Workforce Since Obama Took Office

August 1, 2014 - 9:18 AM

By Ali Meyer

(CNSNews.com) - 11.4 million Americans age 16 and over have left the workforce since President Obama took office in January 2009, according to data released today from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

In July 2014, there were 92,001,000 Americans, 16 and over, who were classified as “not in the labor force,” meaning they not only did not have a job, but they didn’t actively seek one in the last four weeks. 

This number has increased by 11,472,000 since January 2009, when the number of Americans not in the labor force was 80,529,000.

Article here:  http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/11472000-americans-have-left-workforce-obama-took-office

He had 4 strikes against him:  Black, highly educated, well spoken and Democrat.  He could have solved world hunger, brought peace to the Middle East, cured cancer and balanced the budget and a portion of Americans would still hate the guy.

Truth is, he followed the worst president in the last 100 years.  Sadly, he's been a major disappointment, but nowhere near as bad as W.

The real strikes he had against him were his complete lack of management experience, limited knowledge of politics, non-existant economic wisdom, lacking in leadership skills and having been exposed to a life in academia, which ill prepared him for life in the real world.

The four strikes you claim he had against him were not nearly as significant as is what he promised and never delivered.

Remember his infamous..."We are the ones we have been waiting for."?

You think he followed the worst President in 100 years.  Many people believe Obama replaced him in the rankings.

• Like 1

France.
Indonesia.
Kenya.
Malaysia.

I am not a big fan of Obama, but King George II (bush) was an absolute nincompoop. When he opened his mouth, the whole world shuddered. Remember when he looked into the soul of Putin? Gerhard Schroeder wrote in his biography that he was attending a G12 summit with Bush, and while all the principals were seated, Bush looked around the table, and exclaimed, "isn't Jesus absolutely wonderful?" He said he looked around the table and everyone was just sitting there with their jaws wide open in astonishment. Nobody said a peep. Someone changed the subject, and another amazing Bush moment, was recorded for posterity. To call him a goon, would insult all other goons who have come before him. He was truly dispised around the world.

Spidermike
Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

So a day after suing him for ignoring them, Republicans a day later were telling Obama to circumvent them.
You know they've lost the plot when even Krauthammer is having a pop at them on Fox 'News':

" It is ridiculous to sue the president on a Wednesday because he oversteps the law, as he has done a dozen times illegally and unconstitutionally, and then on a Thursday say that he should overstep the law, contradict the law that passed in 2008 and deal with this himself. "

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app Edited by Chicog

Here are a couple of news items out today on the Obama recovery and fiscal policies.

Number of Unemployed Women Increased in July by 227,000

August 1, 2014 - 9:03 AM

By Ali Meyer

(CNSNews.com) - The number of unemployed women 16 years and over increased by 227,000 in July as the unemployment rate for women ticked up from 5.9 percent to 6.2 percent, according to data released today from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

In July there were 4,494,000 women who were unemployed, an increase of 227,000 from June, when 4,267,000 women were unemployed. A person is counted as unemployed by the BLS if they say they did not have a job during the month but they were actively seeking one.

More here:  http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/number-unemployed-women-increased-july-227000
...and...

11,472,000 Americans Have Left Workforce Since Obama Took Office

August 1, 2014 - 9:18 AM

By Ali Meyer

(CNSNews.com) - 11.4 million Americans age 16 and over have left the workforce since President Obama took office in January 2009, according to data released today from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

In July 2014, there were 92,001,000 Americans, 16 and over, who were classified as not in the labor force, meaning they not only did not have a job, but they didnt actively seek one in the last four weeks. 

This number has increased by 11,472,000 since January 2009, when the number of Americans not in the labor force was 80,529,000.

It would be interesting to gauge what % of those 'not in the work force' were getting some form of SS payments. I would venture a guess of over 50%. Officially, those getting SS are forbidden from doing jobs. In reality, many do side jobs (whether or not they're on SS or SSDI), such as internet things MLM, drug dealing, walking dogs, ....whatever floats their boats.

The real strikes he had against him were his complete lack of management experience, limited knowledge of politics, non-existant economic wisdom, lacking in leadership skills and having been exposed to a life in academia, which ill prepared him for life in the real world.

The four strikes you claim he had against him were not nearly as significant as is what he promised and never delivered.

You think he followed the worst President in 100 years.  Many people believe Obama replaced him in the rankings.

As opposed to W, whose business experience included never running a successful business that wasn't subsidized (or just plain bailed out) by his Dad's significant network of political debtors- foreign and domestic?

Obama's going to go down just like Carter- benign incompetence.  Ineffective because he didn't know how to play the Washington game.  And, he's proven bad at the Whack-A-Mole game set into motion by the previous regime.

The Cheney regime will go down as the guys that lit the fuse on WWIII, squandering all the goodwill of the world from 9/11, and pissing away the $$$ trillions we spent to "win" the Cold War.

As opposed to W, whose business experience included never running a successful business that wasn't subsidized (or just plain bailed out) by his Dad's significant network of political debtors- foreign and domestic?

Obama's going to go down just like Carter- benign incompetence.  Ineffective because he didn't know how to play the Washington game.  And, he's proven bad at the Whack-A-Mole game set into motion by the previous regime.

The Cheney regime will go down as the guys that lit the fuse on WWIII, squandering all the goodwill of the world from 9/11, and pissing away the $$$ trillions we spent to "win" the Cold War.

Bush junior was even dumber than Reagan, and at least he had senility and dementia as an excuse.

Christ on a bike, why do they have to be such tossers?

However, Senate Democrats were unable later to secure the 60 votes necessary to overcome a budget challenge against the measure, which included $2.7 billion in immigration funding along with $900 million to fight U.S. wildfires and bolster Israel's Iron Dome missile defense system.

Now what exactly does the current immigration crisis have to do with punting more cash to Israel?

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/07/31/politics/congress-immigration/

Edited by Chicog

However, Senate Democrats were unable later to secure the 60 votes necessary to overcome a budget challenge against the measure, which included $2.7 billion in immigration funding along with $900 million to fight U.S. wildfires and bolster Israel's Iron Dome missile defense system.

Now what exactly does the current immigration crisis have to do with punting more cash to Israel?

Nothing, but the democrats are the "tossers" in this case. They tied the two bills together to try to force the republicans to vote for their immigration bill. Both sides want to give Israel the funds for Iron Dome. 

There are plenty of good books out there explaining how legislative procedures work in the US. 

You might want to bone up on some of them if you keep insisting on posting on these threads.

I know little about the workings of Parliament, therefore I keep my fingers from flying over the keyboard preparing a post that only shows my lack of subject matter knowledge to the world.

• Like 1

Nothing, but the democrats are the "tossers" in this case. They tied the two bills together to try to force the republicans to vote for their immigration bill. Both sides want to give Israel the funds for Iron Dome. 

I know how it works but I'm just amazed the American public aren't crying out to find out who is trying to give their money to the Israelis.

There are plenty of good books out there explaining how legislative procedures work in the US. 

You might want to bone up on some of them if you keep insisting on posting on these threads.

I know little about the workings of Parliament, therefore I keep my fingers from flying over the keyboard preparing a post that only shows my lack of subject matter knowledge to the world.

I'm aware how it works Chuck, it doesn't mean that I have to agree with it.

So perhaps you should spare your excessive smugness on this occasion.

If you are aware of how it works and why the two bills were attached, why ask such a sophomoric  question?

Because it's about time the American people started asking that type of question.

The whole system is a farce.

You only have to go through Boehner's "jobs bills" to see that.

Because it's about time the American people started asking that type of question.

Americans are too busy trying to find couches which are wide and sturdy enough to support heavy loads. Each week is focused on going to SS office or welfare, to make sure they're still qualified (falsely) for receiving uninterrupted Federal money. All else if fluff in their view.

Americans are too busy trying to find couches which are wide and sturdy enough to support heavy loads. Each week is focused on going to SS office or welfare, to make sure they're still qualified (falsely) for receiving uninterrupted Federal money. All else if fluff in their view.

That's all Americans is it?

I'm aware how it works Chuck, it doesn't mean that I have to agree with it.

So perhaps you should spare your excessive smugness on this occasion.

I could have but then thought to myself...What would Chicog do if he were in my shoes?

So I decided to be smug.

• Like 1