Malaria

Dogberry

I saw this in the news this morning. http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/xinhua-news-agency/140730/drug-resistant-malaria-widespread-southeast-asia-study

Honestly I'm not too concerned but I do pick up the occasional mosquito bite. I am trying to find out if Malaria is actually being reported in my area of Thailand, Pa Sak, Lamphum. I can find some generalized data from WHO and such but is there a data base of current reports of Malaria? Or Dengue or other outbreaks for that matter? Again not too concerned but neither do I believe this should be a Mi pen lie moment.

Malaria does not occur in your area; Dengue, however, may. The article clearly indicates that the areas of concern is the border areas with Cambodia, Myanmar and Laos.

Yes thank you for pointing out my clearly obvious stupidity. I am still looking for an up to date source of current Malaria, Dengue etc. cases. I will report to you sir if I find anything. In the mean time have a nice day.

Malaria does not occur in your area; Dengue, however, may. The article clearly indicates that the areas of concern is the border areas with Cambodia, Myanmar and Laos.

I have heard of a couple of Malaria cases in Chaing Mai... no doubt contracted whilst in an endemic area and manifesting upon return to civilization. I just can't find any specifics and I guess it doesn't matter. Maybe urban legend! 55. But being that mosquitoes are the vector one infected person can reintroduce it. Albeit probably in a limited way. Perhaps there is a reporting data base in Thai that my limited language skills is hiding from me. It might be informative to know where out breaks of Dengue or Tuberculosis are occurring, then again I've lived 63 years not knowing so maybe it really is... mai pen rai.

Sheech, not to be an alarmist.. here is another more thorough article...