Premier League Introduce Vanishing Spray

mrbojangles

Premier League to introduce vanishing spray for new season

Vanishing spray will be introduced in the Premier League next season following its success at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

Referees use the spray to indicate the position of free-kicks and the distance the defensive wall must retreat.

The Premier League had said it did not plan to introduce the spray until it had monitored it in other competitions.

But chief executive Richard Scudamore said the Premier League was "open to developments".

He explained: "It was clear from watching the 2014 Fifa World Cup in Brazil that vanishing spray benefited referees, players, and all of those who watched the matches.

Full report:- http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28573296

I agree it's good. It seems most people quickly got used to it and saw the benefits instantly.

Don't how long it will take to vanish on a wet day in Manchester though. The ref will be telling the players "quick, quick, take the bladdy free kick will you, my vanishing spray is......well vanishing" biggrin.png

I agree it's good. It seems most people quickly got used to it and saw the benefits instantly.

Don't how long it will take to vanish on a wet day in Manchester though. The ref will be telling the players "quick, quick, take the bladdy free kick will you, my vanishing spray is......well vanishing" biggrin.png

Great point that. Could be funny !

thats true bo, good 4 the tropics but wet weather ????? perhaps they've already tested it? who knows.The other thing refs need 2 be able to do ACCURATLY.and consistenly is measure the 10 yards, ref to ref it changes ,and seems to change depending on where on the pitch it is. long term bug bear this for me.

oh and u watch, with the white line walls dont/ cant encroach , but what teams do is have players either side and wide of the wall but still forward and effectively nearer to the ball. refs, well certainly in the wc hadnt picked up on it. Edited by rijit

thats true bo, good 4 the tropics but wet weather ????? perhaps they've already tested it? who knows.The other thing refs need 2 be able to do ACCURATLY.and consistenly is measure the 10 yards, ref to ref it changes ,and seems to change depending on where on the pitch it is. long term bug bear this for me.

They've been using it in Argentina for years now and I don't remember rain causing a problem. They've probably got that sorted out by now.

They've been using it in Argentina for years now and I don't remember rain causing a problem. They've probably got that sorted out by now.

quite, it's not like south america doesn't have any bloody rain. there was rain in brazil in the world cup and the magic spray managed fine.

incidentally phil neville kept calling it 'imaginary spray'. which was quite funny.

quite, it's not like south america doesn't have any bloody rain. there was rain in brazil in the world cup and the magic spray managed fine.

incidentally phil neville kept calling it 'imaginary spray'. which was quite funny.

Thats what happens when footballers are led to believe they have a brain

• Like 1

laugh.png laugh.png

Would that also be an "imaginary brain" tongue.png

maybe ,,, football gets better? and the prem gets 'found out'?

It's Sepp Blatter vanishing spray, that I want to see.

Sepp just needs to die.  He's a virus.

sepp can't be killed. he's immortal.

incidentally did you know that his wife is called 'fanny'?

• Like 1

I'm presuming they've developed luminous version for when it snows too.....?

redrus

yes. it's orange.

Awwwwwwe, I was hoping for a lemon... ;)

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I'm presuming they've developed luminous version for when it snows too.....?

Maybe the 4th official runs on, pulls out his todger and pees a line in the snow. There aren't no women 4th officals yet are there tongue.png

biggrin.png That'll be the day I love football even more. Nice imagination MrB !clap2.gif