Transfer from abroad to Thai GF

You'll need the full correct name of the bank account, the account number and the SWIFT code for the bank, possibly a BSB number or branch number but probably not.  International transfers are easily done through most internet banking systems attached to your home bank.  Just start completing the online form and if you don't have the informaiton cancel and start again when you do.

if i were op................lol.  i would come on over and give $5000 in cash to girl.  Seeing her happy face would be PRICELESS!

and chances are he will need to do it again in a few months.....................lol.

• Like 1

one girl told me you need to add a surcharge of 20% to cover the fees incurred.   So op would need to send $6,000 in order for girl to pick up  $5000.

So you took advise on O/S bank transfer fees from a 'girl' you know? Raises so many questions.

hahahahahahahahaha!

just curious.   What on earth does a gf need $5000 for?

hahahahahahaha!

i can understand wife but gf.......................ohh my buddha!

Be nice, she may have lots of giks to support

Some of you are pathetic, I feel sorry for you. Why not go home and stay with the woman of your dreams. Young, sexy, faithful and never asking for a dime. Why are you here in the first place?

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
  • Like 1

Some of you are pathetic, I feel sorry for you. Why not go home and stay with the woman of your dreams. Young, sexy, faithful and never asking for a dime. Why are you here in the first place?

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

relax Kamerad! there is nothing to declare and no form to fill, just send her the money by SWIFT.

5000 USD is below the limit for declaration.

So she does have to declare/sign a form.

Some rumours spread up in the last days (here in the forum) about transfers being withheld/delayed for unknown reasons.

Hope it is all rumours.

If you intend to transfer more money in the future: get a debit card.

Send it to her (while little or no money on the card account).

Send her the pin.

When she got both, fill up the debit card account as intended and let her withdraw at a Thai ATM

Quick and cheap (for small amounts < 1000 USD).

Not pracitcal, if he sends her a debit card from USA most US banks charge a 3%  fee for using the card overseas  = withdraw $1,000 USD get charged $30 plus 180 baht at local ATM  Total cost $36   Could wire tranfwer from US bank to Thai bank for $25---$35 for one time transfer up to I think $5,000----$9,999.

Actually, the international fee is 1%, not 3%.  This fee is charged by Visa or Mastercard, not by the bank.  Some banks add more, but it is easy to avoid those.  There are some cards that charge zero int'l fee (in other words, the bank eats the 1% fee.)  I have one such card from Chase Bank; there are others.  All told, this is a good solution.  The only fee involved is the ATM fee.  Of course, there is a daily and per-use withdrawal limit, so it would take multiple withdrawals to get all the cash out.  Do the math and calculate what the ATM fees would total. 

So even though it's a debit card, it still goes through VISA or MASTERS? Interesting, thought only restricted to credit cards.

So even though it's a debit card, it still goes through VISA or MASTERS? Interesting, thought only restricted to credit cards.

Yes. If it has the Visa/MC logo on it, it's subject to the fee.  Again, shop around. There are a few cards out there that waive the intl fee.  On the other hand, there are a lot more that charge higher than the standard 1% fee.

• Like 1