Living In Rhek Thum

Only 67 hair salons, I see a vast untapped potential there.

There actually are 67 at last count. The GF and I walked the main roads a year ago, and did our own census. This does count those in someone's front room of their house. 

All the other figures are pretty accurate, too, except perhaps the iced drinks and hot dog nugget merchants. There's probably more.

Can you say, "Stay with the herd?"

Oddly, no one sells Phad Thai.

There actually are 67 at last count. The GF and I walked the main roads a year ago, and did our own census. This does count those in someone's front room of their house. 

All the other figures are pretty accurate, too, except perhaps the iced drinks and hot dog nugget merchants. There's probably more.

No Phad Thai? That Gǔuaidtǐiao de Rhek Thum is a no go for me, even if they have a bog roll on the table.

No Phad Thai? That Gǔuaidtǐiao de Rhek Thum is a no go for me, even if they have a bog roll on the table.

Where else would you expect to find toilet paper in Thailand, if not on the restaurant tables?

It's actually quite decent. One of only three in Rhek Thum that I'll eat at.

(Though the Maitre'd is a bit snuffy.)

From the screenplay for Good Morning, Vietnam:

Lieutenant Steven Hauk: ... well, comedy is kind of a hobby of mine. Well, actually, it's a little more than just a hobby, Reader's Digest is considering publishing two of my jokes.

Lieutenant Steven Hauk: ... well, comedy is kind of a hobby of mine. Well, actually, it's a little more than just a hobby, Reader's Digest is considering publishing two of my jokes.

Does this mean you are going to send Reader's Digest post #12?

Does this mean you are going to send Reader's Digest post #12?

Gee and violate copyright? -- yours is original no question 'bout that.

I used to drive (four hours each way) down to Mocha (or Al Makhah) on the Red Sea coast of North Yemen, to swim waist-deep (sharks !) in the sea, on a Friday. On the way back, we'd make a purchase from the booze-smugglers, tinned beer (only 2 years old, buried in a sand-dune) or gin or french-whisky, before driving back up the road to Taiz where I lived & worked. Never saw much coffee being grown, it had all been turned over to khat, which looks like privet-hedge. Happy days ! rolleyes.gif

https://www.google.co.th/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=khat+yemen&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=hmbbU9GsBY-7uATi_oGoAQ

But this place Rhek-thum sounds the absolute backside of anywhere ! facepalm.gif

And Ohm Phit, is that near the armpit of the world ? whistling.gif

But thanks to the OP for an entertaining little tale ! wai2.gif

In between the motor cycle repair and accessory shops - "1 cow-boxing club" - care to elucidate......... wink.png

Cow boxing is very, very, big here. One Saturday a month men (only) put on as much gold as their bodies will bear, and bet on bulls with taped horns. It's much like chicken boxing. But slower.

It's as much a "look at me" deal as it is about the animals shoving each other backwards, but some of the bets hit a million baht.

To me, it's slower than baseball. Once was enough.

There's also a bird singing club.

WiFi...customer goes to my better half's restaurant and asks one of the staff "You have WiFi?" Staff replies "Solly no have WiFi, only have French Fry".

Great team working for the wife, not the brightest but hard working and truly loyal. Thank you staff.
  • Like 1

One of the funniest OPs of the year Heijoshincool!

Like many things in life, it was definitely not funny at the time, but hindsight is 20/20.

Place closed up not a month later. For the life of me, can't figure out why ….