90 day reporting question

My understanding is that I can do my 90 day report up to 7 days after the 90 days expires. Does this 7 days count the day listed on the card or not? i.e. if I'm supposed to report on 6 August, and instead go on 13 August, will that be considered within the 7 days, or will I be fined for being late?

Does the 12th being a holiday make any difference at all?

Thanks!

Oh, and I'm in Bangkok (in case there are different rules in different places).

My understanding of this is 7 days before or 7 days after the date of report,tell me if i'm wrong ubon but i know you will hehe here see my example' 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

so if you count the 8th day as the report date either side the count is the 15 days that you mention.

The notification must be made within 7 days before or after the period of 90 days expires. This is measured back to the foreigner’s last date of entry into Thailand.

the above copied from a article by Stephen Frost, Bangkok International Associates

Bangkok International Associates is a general corporate and commercial law firm.

Now they can't be wrong or can they ?

Unless of course you refer to the 15 days before if using the postal option,which you didn't clarify.

Edited by Brit_Doggie

You can also do it up to 15 days early.

The 7 days includes the date your report is due. You could try on the 13th since it will be the first day the will be opne after being closed for 4 days.

I'm a bit confused by this reply. Let's ignore the public holiday issue. If someone is due to report on a Wednesday, is the final day they can report the following Tuesday or the following Wednesday?