Availability of Ant Chese in Thailand

neverdie

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last I heard, TOPS stopped selling Kiwi Ant Cheese directly after the remake of Robocop (may be a link to those 2 events but I'm not sure).

Anyway, Kiwi Ant Cheese always confused me.

Is it made in New Zealand?

Is it Ant Cheese containing Kiwi Fruits?

Is it Ant Cheese containing Kiwi Birds?

Maybe they are not teling us this information to prevent copies.

Edited by tonytigerbkk

I will be, also, very interested to know, where I can find ant cheese.

This opens new horizons to me.

How do they milk the ants?

Do they have 1, 2 or 3 breasts?

Do you pasteurise the milk?

It is correct what they say......you never stop learning.

Please enlighten me.

Costas, it's in the name. Being Greek I would of thought that you'd know everything there was to know about Ants Cheese.

Tony, the kiwi Ant cheese fetches a very high price during the off season & it's a highly regarded product at the Hobart annual food festival.

I believe it's even more expensive than the Danish variety.

This is my uncle's ant farm. As you can see, the paddocks are lush and fertile, the air clean and fresh, and the ants fat and contented. Take out the ants and it will look even more pristine.

That's one of the nicest posts I've seen from you.....the one in the photo, I mean.

This is my uncle's ant farm. As you can see, the paddocks are lush and fertile, the air clean and fresh, and the ants fat and contented. Take out the ants and it will look even more pristine.

That's one of the nicest posts I've seen from you.....the one in the photo, I mean.

The posts are mostly recycled manuka wood, and the wire is the famous No.8 wire. It's used in NZ to mend everything from bike chains to tractor carbies and even broken marriages, hence the expression, New Zealand's No.8 wire mentality. It is great for cleaning stones out of ant hooves.

Who was it that said Neverdie is conny sewer? He plainly is not if he puts down kiwi ant cheese.
The Tasmanian ant cheese, supposedly the best, that I tried had a distinct formic acid aftertaste and kiwi ant cheese only gets lumpy if, as he has acknowledged, it's not kept properly....so it was his own fault.
It's sort of like storing a '98 elderberry pinot in the sun for two years and complaining it's corked.

There use to be a lovely Chezslovakian Ant Chese served on Emirates first class between London HR & Dubai.

It was to die for but the slovakians stopped exporting it :(

The posts are mostly recycled manuka wood, and the wire is the famous No.8 wire. It's used in NZ to mend everything from bike chains to tractor carbies and even broken marriages, hence the expression, New Zealand's No.8 wire mentality. It is great for cleaning stones out of ant hooves.

Bro, you're talking to tangata whenua. thumbsup.gif

Fellatio,

Tasmanian Ant Cheese can fetch a very fine price when matured correctly.

It's not the sort of cheese you grind onto pizza f f s.

It's lovely with a light white wine or a bottle of cold tasmanian rain water.

Exactly.

That is the hard part of the process.

It needs to be wrapped in a cloth or linen garment for 9 months that does NOT belong to a family member.

Subsequently, most Tasmanian ant cheese comes from  Victoria South Australia Queensland.

Using Tasmania ants of course thumbsup.gif 

Baboom! Best riposte ever.

For Costas.

During my formative years in New Zealand, my uncle had an ant farm just 12 miles from my home. On weekends and school holidays, I used to go out to the farm to mess around. The ants were kept in large paddocks fenced off by electric wires to stop them mingling with the libidinous sheep next door. At five in the morning I used to get up, grab the dogs and head up to the ant paddock and round up the ants to take them to the milking shed, making sure they didn't step in any cow sh*t along the way. At the milking shed I'd prod them into the race and move them into the milking pens one by one. Once secured in the pens with a rope tied around their outside leg to stop them kicking you, I'd then fold the milking cups into my hand and place each one on a tit. After all the milk was expressed, the ants were then shepherded into a holding pen until taken back to the paddock. The milk was stored in massive vats, waiting for the milk tankers to arrive. It tasted delicious scooped up from the vat, still warm and with a foamy head of cream. Them were the days, my friend, them were the days.

Ohhhhh, Mr WWWW, I envy you so much.

I wish I could be there with you, expand my knowledge on milking, smell the aroma of the cow shit and also jump in the sheep paddock (I like sheep).

I will dream of it all night.................

PS. Mr ND, MrToad, what does Fellatio mean?

Part of TGAU?

Shall I open a thread asking?

Shall

• Like 2

do you wear gumboots to find them   like nz people when they find there sheep in the long grass  buitiffuull

Ant Farming is normally done organically.

It wouldn't be cost effective to put gum boots on ants.

Costas, open your own threads, DO NOT derail mine.

I need people to ask at their local Tops, tesco & big c supermarkets about Ant Cheese.

I was in Villa a couple of hours ago, I wish I'd asked about it
  • Like 1