Missing British Children in Thailand

Lite Beer

After all this time one would have to ask themselves why wouldn't any of the the children make an attempt to contact the Police or their father?

I could understand why one very young chid would remain silent, but three, with one older sister?

A very sad story indeed, however it would be interesting to hear what the children have to say.

If the mother is willing to negotiate a deal, surely she must have discussed it with the children.

Perhaps they feel more comfortable in Thailand, with warmer weather, adjust better with Thai children...who knows?

It must be heart wrenching for the father.

The mother must be keeping them out of school. With all the media attention, surely a teacher would have called the Police.

Hopefully in time this story will have a happy ending for all parties.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How big of a POS does a mom have to be to lose custody to a foreign MAN?? Did he buy his way into that decision or was it determined that the kids would be better off with the rich dad instead of the poor mom? Very rare for a man to win sole custody unless the woman is a nutter.

That said, the mom does have some DSL's--I'd bone her.

The real lesson here to remember is: "The thinner the eyebrow, the crazier the woman."

Stereotyping???

Just because a woman happens to have been in Pattaya dose not mean the are a POS, your post is insulting to most of the female population of Pattaya as only a small percentage are actually in Pattaya to earn money from selling their bodies, such a post just proves your ignorance.

Whatever happened between the mother and farther must be a sad story, the courts awarded custody to the farther, but rightly they normally award it to the mother but whether the mother did not want, was unfit to have or was paid to surrender custody we do not know why.

The children have be living here in England for 6 years, educated here and speak English, I do not know if they can speak or write Thai but this traumatic time can not be good for them and I hope they will be found soon.

Yes the children can speak Thai...

Nice to see the story up here too even if some of the comments have lost sense of what's important here

Getting the children back to their Father Rob no??

I know Rob and what a very very decent man and father he is and the children too..

Praying for their safe return a.s.a.p (roomark smile.png )

@Basil B,

Adjust those reading glasses cowboy.

I never mentioned Pattaya in my post when I said she was a POS. Nice attempt at valiantly defending the honor of the Pattaya female population though.

@BanglaKanga...since you know the father, can you expound upon the intricacies of how he won full custody? Don't read me wrong--I'm on the fathers side. Just wanna know if the mom was a psycho, violent, etc.

Edited by KuhnPaen

How big of a POS does a mom have to be to lose custody to a foreign MAN?? Did he buy his way into that decision or was it determined that the kids would be better off with the rich dad instead of the poor mom? Very rare for a man to win sole custody unless the woman is a nutter.

The real lesson here to remember is: "The thinner the eyebrow, the crazier the woman."

Stereotyping???

Just because a woman happens to have been in Pattaya dose not mean the are a POS, your post is insulting to most of the female population of Pattaya as only a small percentage are actually in Pattaya to earn money from selling their bodies, such a post just proves your ignorance.

Whatever happened between the mother and farther must be a sad story, the courts awarded custody to the farther, but rightly they normally award it to the mother but whether the mother did not want, was unfit to have or was paid to surrender custody we do not know why.

The children have be living here in England for 6 years, educated here and speak English, I do not know if they can speak or write Thai but this traumatic time can not be good for them and I hope they will be found soon.

Nice to see the story up here too even if some of the comments have lost sense of what's important here

I know Rob and what a very very decent man and father he is and the children too..

@Basil B,

I never mentioned Pattaya in my post when I said she was a POS. Nice attempt at valiantly defending the honor of the Pattaya female population though.

@BanglaKanga...since you know the father, can you expound upon the intricacies of how he won full custody? Don't read me wrong--I'm on the fathers side. Just wanna know if the mom was a psycho, violent, etc.

BanglaKanga will confirm this, but he is in a different time zone.. your questions are very valid, but until the children are returned its not in the interests of the father to release such detail at the moment. More news is expected, (good we hope). and we wouldnt want to do anything that might slow down that process. thanks in advance for understanding

not nice for the father,but maybe he thought it would be ok.i think she was planning with her family and wait.he comes over with the kids their chance now.they are in Thailand and now you have the problems to get them back.goodluck

Edited by metisdead
Underscore removed.
  • Like 1

After all this time one would have to ask themselves why wouldn't any of the the children make an attempt to contact the Police or their father?

I could understand why one very young chid would remain silent, but three, with one older sister?

A very sad story indeed, however it would be interesting to hear what the children have to say.

If the mother is willing to negotiate a deal, surely she must have discussed it with the children.

Perhaps they feel more comfortable in Thailand, with warmer weather, adjust better with Thai children...who knows?

It must be heart wrenching for the father.

The mother must be keeping them out of school. With all the media attention, surely a teacher would have called the Police.

Hopefully in time this story will have a happy ending for all parties.

there seems a lot you don't understand,maybe if you read the story that might help.

they don't go to school here because they have lived in the uk.the past 6yrs.

warmer weather,adjusting better with thai children,how do you know the can speak thai.

and how can the teacher call the police.

this has got to be an entry for the worst post of 2014.

She is using her own kids as a legal bargaining chip for herself. Trace her phone, find them, then prosecute that crazy kidnapping whore. Guess who's kids are never coming back to Thailand for a visit again? Have fun in prison.

Stereotyping???

@Basil B,

BanglaKanga will confirm this, but he is in a different time zone.. your questions are very valid, but until the children are returned its not in the interests of the father to release such detail at the moment. More news is expected, (good we hope). and we wouldnt want to do anything that might slow down that process. thanks in advance for understanding

+1

Thanks Tom :)

Your post was unnecessarily long I have to write, exactly for this words and sentence,

=="That story was unnecessarily long (did we need the play by play of his search?), but more=="

coffee1.gif

Ha, ha. Well, I guess I had that coming...

• Like 1

She wants the money. She wants lots of money.Until she is sure just how much money this situation is worth ,no kids will be found.He really has shown his dedication and effort ( he should have done things a little more quiet in my mind) .she thinks desire equals a big pay out. She knows her family can WORK with the police nice and steady to raise that money pile because historically everyone shares the scam. There is no rush,screw him,pile on the pressure.Whats next donations for the ransom?.....When she really believes she has got maximum money ,and knows she can walk away without penalty,she will pay the staff ( family middlemen, official negotiators )hand the kids over and walk away laughing.She probably loves the kids as much as him,Thai women can leave their kids somewhere safe to go work,This situation is about money and a little brain washing to remind the kids they still have a REAL mother.The western guy will win in the end.But when the mother needs support later it will be easier to get it from them kids.She is strong ,she is going to take advantage of the situation and give him a good slapping in the process. She is not evil ,its just everything is stacked against her,My guess is those kids are very safe,she just wants some time with them,she is a realist,she just wants some time and a payout to match. .

Another seriously narrow minded british guy, who lives in Thailand but thinks that all Thai women are low life...

How do you know the woman wants money, has she asked for any in 2 months?, how do you know the guy is a good father, oh because they wrote such a wonderful story about him and his parents loving the kids, ah so sweet. Maybe the girls are better off with their mother, maybe they don't want to go back to boring, cold, wet England.

I mean if its so great on that little island, why aren't you there?

I’m sorry if you think I have offended Thai ladies. I cannot see a reference to calling Thai ladies low life .I never said he is a “good guy”, I said he has shown dedication and effort. Maybe the girls are better off with the Mother, that’s something we really don’t have enough information to even take a guess. I’m also sorry you believe the UK is a small wet and boring island, particularly England. If you could spend two months with me touring the UK. So that I could show you all our cultures, coast lines, history and present. You would publicly apologize seriously. Don’t hate English people, it’s the same as hating all Thai people or all black people, it’s wrong.

I love Yorkshire, I love England, I love Scotland, Wales and Ireland. But that does not mean I should not look around the rest of the world …….only a seriously narrow minded British guy would do that.

+1

@ ukguyinThai

post-75628-0-24598200-1407176775_thumb.j

Does this look like an ugly place??

England only last week .

The girls love England have loads of friends/family the eldest loves school and having actually asked her myself doesn't miss Thailand (she is more of an English girl than Thai having been raised in a British culture for a while)

Edited by banglakanga

The British embassy springs into action once again The British Embassy, despite huge pressure, appears to have done absolutely nothing to help, I hope it all works out well and has a happy outcome and that the girls get back to their real home in the UK and their mother is taught a lesson for kidnapping kids.

If the father has 'legally binding' custody documents acknowledged in Thailand and in the UK, then the British Embassy would step up and provide support.

But....this is something they would only do if the legality of the custody and it is deemed that the children are actually British citizens..........so bearing in mind that we keep hearing that they (the Embassy) have done nothing, then i would suspect that they do not have the right to get involved.

Maybe, as another post mentioned, the children re-entered Thailand on Thai passports, not British ones. This again would mean that there is very little the Embassy can do to intervene.

She wants the money. She wants lots of money.Until she is sure just how much money this situation is worth ,no kids will be found.He really has shown his dedication and effort ( he should have done things a little more quiet in my mind) .she thinks desire equals a big pay out. She knows her family can WORK with the police nice and steady to raise that money pile because historically everyone shares the scam. There is no rush,screw him,pile on the pressure.Whats next donations for the ransom?.....When she really believes she has got maximum money ,and knows she can walk away without penalty,she will pay the staff ( family middlemen, official negotiators )hand the kids over and walk away laughing.She probably loves the kids as much as him,Thai women can leave their kids somewhere safe to go work,This situation is about money and a little brain washing to remind the kids they still have a REAL mother.The western guy will win in the end.But when the mother needs support later it will be easier to get it from them kids.She is strong ,she is going to take advantage of the situation and give him a good slapping in the process. She is not evil ,its just everything is stacked against her,My guess is those kids are very safe,she just wants some time with them,she is a realist,she just wants some time and a payout to match. .

Another seriously narrow minded british guy, who lives in Thailand but thinks that all Thai women are low life...

How do you know the woman wants money, has she asked for any in 2 months?, how do you know the guy is a good father, oh because they wrote such a wonderful story about him and his parents loving the kids, ah so sweet. Maybe the girls are better off with their mother, maybe they don't want to go back to boring, cold, wet England.

I’m sorry if you think I have offended Thai ladies. I cannot see a reference to calling Thai ladies low life .I never said he is a “good guy”, I said he has shown dedication and effort. Maybe the girls are better off with the Mother, that’s something we really don’t have enough information to even take a guess. I’m also sorry you believe the UK is a small wet and boring island, particularly England. If you could spend two months with me touring the UK. So that I could show you all our cultures, coast lines, history and present. You would publicly apologize seriously. Don’t hate English people, it’s the same as hating all Thai people or all black people, it’s wrong.

I love Yorkshire, I love England, I love Scotland, Wales and Ireland. But that does not mean I should not look around the rest of the world …….only a seriously narrow minded British guy would do that.

Well yes, you pretty much offended Thai ladies...

Re-read your post but use the words 'the Thai Lady' in each place where you have used 'She' doesn't sound particularly flattering.

Your direct assertion that she is only doing all of this for money, sound to me like you know all the facts...

Oh and by the way and although this is off topic; England used to be a great place....about 20 years ago and for all time preceding that i guess. But now......like you.....most people leave and are being 'displaced or replaced' use whichever word you feel fits best, by refugees. I admire the UK taking them all in, housing them for free, feeding them for free, giving them school placements and a new life......but its at the expense of all the true 'Brit's' unfortunately.

The British embassy springs into action once again The British Embassy, despite huge pressure, appears to have done absolutely nothing to help, I hope it all works out well and has a happy outcome and that the girls get back to their real home in the UK and their mother is taught a lesson for kidnapping kids.

Maybe, as another post mentioned, the children re-entered Thailand on Thai passports, not British ones. This again would mean that there is very little the Embassy can do to intervene.

The children entered Thailand on British passports on a 30 day tourist visa :) Edited by banglakanga
  • Like 1

Firstly the children are dual nationality, as I understand it while in Thailand technically they are Thai.

The Master Nationality Rule is a consequence of Article 4 of the Convention on Certain Questions Relating to the Conflict of Nationality Laws of 1930

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_Nationality_Rule

But then the farther is British, also the children are still half British and been living in the UK for the last 6 years, ans I feel it is quite right that the UK should act if they feel there is in action or mismanagement of the situation by the Thai authorities in this case.

Firstly it should have been the consulate to act, then if they are being stonewalled then the Embassy and Ambassador by now I think it should be up to the British Foreign Secretary to invite the Thai Ambassador in for tea and a rollicking.

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

The children entered Thailand on British passports on a 30 day tourist visa smile.png

Really.....then the British embassy are useless then....as they have long past the 30 entry stamp and as far as anyone knows they are on paper British citizens missing in thailand?

If the father has 'legally binding' custody documents acknowledged in Thailand and in the UK, then the British Embassy would step up and provide support.

But....this is something they would only do if the legality of the custody and it is deemed that the children are actually British citizens..........so bearing in mind that we keep hearing that they (the Embassy) have done nothing, then i would suspect that they do not have the right to get involved.

"Maybe, as another post mentioned, the children re-entered Thailand on Thai passports, not British ones. This again would mean that there is very little the Embassy can do to intervene."

This is incorrect - they still have obligation to British Citizens. In the case of children born with British Citizenship, the UK recognises this as primary citizenship and, unlike naturalised citizens in their own countries that retained that citizenship in duality.

They are doing nothing because there is little they can do really - they have to rely on the Thai police and authorities and at best can keep pressure up for them to continue the search.

"Maybe, as another post mentioned, the children re-entered Thailand on Thai passports, not British ones. This again would mean that there is very little the Embassy can do to intervene."

This is incorrect - they still have obligation to British Citizens. In the case of children born with British Citizenship, the UK recognises this as primary citizenship and, unlike naturalised citizens in their own countries that retained that citizenship in duality.

They are doing nothing because there is little they can do really - they have to rely on the Thai police and authorities and at best can keep pressure up for them to continue the search.

neither child has a valid Thai passport. they have not left or re entered and their birth certs and all docs including uk passports are with their father.

• Like 1

neither child has a valid Thai passport. they have not left or re entered and their birth certs and all docs including uk passports are with their father.

This is good news really - as it suggests they are stuck in Thailand and it is just a matter of time. However, I took my kids to Burma a few times and took their Thai passports - I was asked if they were Thai on the both sides of the border in both directions, and a simple "yes" sufficed - no one actually asked to see proof of it (they are not on my passport - they have their own Thai and British). I worry they could have been taken across the border.

I still think the foreign BF is the best lead - he has to report every 90 days or do border runs - or if he has left the country, he would have a way of contacting the mother.

I do find it hard to believe that a mother could conceal these children in any community without people staring to getting suspicious.

She will need money, where is it coming from, I assume if she has bank accounts, credit cards etc, they are being monitored.

Children in a village who do not go to school, must raise questions?

I do hope they are traced and returned to their farther soon.

• 2 months later...

Have they been found yet???

If not I hope when British Foreign Office minister Hugo Swire summoned Nadhavathna Krishnamra, the Thai charge d'Affairs to the UK on Monday to express concern over handling of the two Brits murdered on Koh Tao had time to bring up the handling of this as well...