Trying to get my head around it

Seastallion

Classic case of not my problem any more, I don't see it, I don't care for it, and the mother of all the

apathy excuses and national catch phrase in this country,...MAI PEN RAI.... some one will clean it..

I dont think they see 'rubbish" in the same way we do.Bit like excessive noise never seems to bother them.On the other hand a new subject at these useless thai govt.schools teaching children  public responsibility and duty could go along way....awareness of things around them might be a start.

But generally thais are a lazy race with no pride in a job well done,they seem happy to be this way....just let them get on with it.

Meanwhile the rubbish will pile up.Not all soi's are like this.Important to pick your place of residence caefully so as to lead a stress free life.

• Like 1

Classic case of not my problem any more, I don't see it, I don't care for it, and the mother of all the

apathy excuses and national catch phrase in this country,...MAI PEN RAI.... some one will clean it..

I think you missed the point...dump plastic and glass on the land, but when the rubbish was leaves and plants (quite ok to dump on the land) they went to an effort to walk further to dump it in the bin.

• Like 1

I think you missed the point...dump plastic and glass on the land, but when the rubbish was leaves and plants (quite ok to dump on the land) they went to an effort to walk further to dump it in the bin.

They all seem to be missing the point.

Actually a bit understandable as westerners just can't think like that. I had to read it twice to be sure.

Bashing or not, some things here just defy normal thinking.

Seastallion.....you should move out near you know who.....There's a big burn off tomorrow at 7am...If it don't move try to burn.smile.png

Besides, everyone has their land on the market near him. They heard a rumour that a Farang was looking around near him....biggrin.png.. 

Rubbish is collected once a week, he tells me.

• Like 1

Seastallion.....you should move out near you know who.....There's a big burn off tomorrow at 7am...If it don't move try to burn.smile.png

Besides, everyone has their land on the market near him. They heard a rumour that a Farang was looking around near him....biggrin.png.. 

Nah, Mate, Just biding my time.....with the new taxes on unused land pus inheritance tax....I think someone would be wise to lower his price.

• Like 1

laugh.png Yep that's a classic.

Keeps you wondering anyway.

The small restaurant next door to us trundles all its rubbish down behind the trees, fortunately not adjacent to us. The rats love it and our dogs always find a way of bringing stuff home. We are looking forward to the annual 'burning' (smoulder more like it) ceremony, meaning I breathe the equivalent of quite a few cigarettes in one day I imagine.

Nah, Mate, Just biding my time.....with the new taxes on unused land pus inheritance tax....I think someone would be wise to lower his price.

Do they have new taxes about unused land? That woud be great, it is very bad for the development of a city to have so many people refusing to sell their land and just leaving it getting overgrown.

It's the same all over Jomtien. 

Any vacant site gets inorganic rubbish dumped on it by the locals.  I've come to the conclusion that they consider it to be landfil and they're doing their bit to raise the level of the vacant land above flood level. I could be wrong of course. facepalm.gif

And my housekeeper spends 30 minutes every morning sweeping leaves up off the garden, but the same plastic bag once blew around the garden for 3 days.  I did ask her why - the answer was that she didn't see the plastic bag.  Go figure!

• Like 2

It's the same all over Jomtien. 

Any vacant site gets inorganic rubbish dumped on it by the locals.  I've come to the conclusion that they consider it to be landfil and they're doing their bit to raise the level of the vacant land above flood level. I could be wrong of course. facepalm.gif

And my housekeeper spends 30 minutes every morning sweeping leaves up off the garden, but the same plastic bag once blew around the garden for 3 days.  I did ask her why - the answer was that she didn't see the plastic bag.  Go figure!

That's Classic.....but only one plastic bag....your lucky.