Thailand Elite requirements from applicants?

Hi,

I will shortly be arriving in Thailand and would like to ask people with knowledge of the Thailand Elite card what was required by them (apart from the cash:-) particularly as regards paper work etc., I will be applying from Bangkok, so knowing what I will need to make available would be very useful, thanks. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks,

so where they state you must have no criminal record, be bankrupt or crazy, they just take your word for the answer?

first two points I am fine on, not sure about the crazy part thoughw00t.gif

how nice and trusting of themsmile.png

Edited by schweizer

I think the idea would be to do this fast while they are trying to get numbers, later they might get pickier and require more papers too,

after they get bitten a few times by people who have the money from criminal means and it makes the news

• Like 1

I am a member.
Once they have your passport copy, photo and the completed documents the government runs the police clearance checks on you. This takes about 4-5 days. Once you get cleared TE will then they contact you and tell you it is now ok to send the funds.
The service the give you to help you through the process and the way the operate is simply outstanding!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
  • Like 2

I am a member.
Once they have your passport copy, photo and the completed documents the government runs the police clearance checks on you. This takes about 4-5 days. Once you get cleared TE will then they contact you and tell you it is now ok to send the funds.
The service the give you to help you through the process and the way the operate is simply outstanding!

I would assume as the Thai Police have no access to other countries national criminal databases and could only as was pointed out before  check that you are not on Interpol's most wanted list that this  is only a check of the Thai Police criminal records database, seems rather pointless to be honest facepalm.gif

Edited by schweizer
  • Like 1

The elite card has been losing a lot of money and it was run by Taksins crowd . It could be possibly closed down.

it would cost them a lot of baht to close it down and Taksin opponents have tried this before and failed, it will change over time as does every countries visa systems but will remain valid for those who have bought in.

remember, they are elite and have good lawyers wink.png

• Like 1

odd timing one might think,

Thailand announces ending of I/O visa boarder crossing for multiple offenders and new regulations and bans for overstayers

Thailand announces new (repackaged) and very available but expensive way of buying a visa via Thailand Elite

if I was a paranoid conspiracy theorist I might be adding 2 and 2 together rhight now and making 7 violin.gif.pagespeed.ce.8MK3fN8NTC.gif 

• Like 1

I also would like to know about the multi entryness?  If I had the Elite card can I travel in and out of Thailand several times a year?

Yes you can travel as often as you want.

Does anybody knows if it is possible to pay cash and if they need evidences that this money comes from abroad ?

The Thailand Elite card never stops to get advertised on this forum.
It's magic :)

This is the best option to stay in Thailand for long periods of time.
Easy, convenient and attractively priced.

All questions have been answered in previous threads.

Just send your application and start to enjoy the privileges :)

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
  • Like 1

I also would like to know about the multi entryness?  If I had the Elite card can I travel in and out of Thailand several times a year?

Does anybody knows if it is possible to pay cash and if they need evidences that this money comes from abroad ?

I was just on their website and it doesn't discuss those sorts of money and payment details.  But reading the website I see the words: "Thailand Elite Members will be granted a “Privilege Entry Visa” when applying at any Royal Thai Embassy, Royal Thai Consulate-General, or at the Thai Immigration Bureau at Suvarnabhumi, Chiang Mai and Phuket International Airport.".  So does this mean everytime one flies in, one has to fill out some paperwork and get the visa at the airport?  The Thai Elite just enables you and qualifies you to get that priveledged Entry Visa, but you still have to stop and fill it out and apply?  That seems counter to the ease of travel and paperwork I would have liked

I was just on their website and it doesn't discuss those sorts of money and payment details.  But reading the website I see the words: "Thailand Elite Members will be granted a “Privilege Entry Visa” when applying at any Royal Thai Embassy, Royal Thai Consulate-General, or at the Thai Immigration Bureau at Suvarnabhumi, Chiang Mai and Phuket International Airport.".  So does this mean everytime one flies in, one has to fill out some paperwork and get the visa at the airport?  The Thai Elite just enables you and qualifies you to get that priveledged Entry Visa, but you still have to stop and fill it out and apply?  That seems counter to the ease of travel and paperwork I would have liked

Nothing like that. You only have to fill arrival/departure card unless you are so spoiled to have to face to ask the the steward to do it. All questions are answered in the many relevant threads if you could take the time to read them.

• Like 2

It is true, they have been loosing money because they are giving benefits that are expensive to provide continuously. I can also suppose that being the program partially funded with Gov.t money there has been a good amount of money grafting.

I paid bank transfer from Thai bank and they get it straight away. The other option they give you is in US dollars from an overseas bank but takes 3 to 5 days to reach them.

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Euh....why dont you contact them directly
This is a company and they are certainly eager to sell their program, therefore a quick answer will, I think, come before you know it
That might be better than relying on hearsay or even experiences as rules might have changed
Also this is the kind of thread calling for useless misplaced comments Edited by alyx

In terms of the Visa benefit ... is it right for the 500k card you get a 5-year multi entry Visa?
Would this also count towards the three year non-immigrant visa requirement for permanent residency status?

You must be on extensions of stay for 3 years and be working here with a work permit to qualify for permanent residency. So the answer is no.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The elite card has been losing a lot of money and it was run by Taksins crowd . It could be possibly closed down.

How can a card that gives very little and costs a lot lose money?

this is Thailand

Nothing like that. You only have to fill arrival/departure card unless you are so spoiled to have to face to ask the the steward to do it. All questions are answered in the many relevant threads if you could take the time to read them.

There is no need for you to be rude PAZ.  I never said anything about the arrival/departure card so it is silly for you to go off on that tangent.   I didn't see any thing in any thread that explicitly said you just walk through immigration so I asked because the Elite Card website was not clear. 

I am a member.

I just received my approval letter today   --With Aug 12  in mind   i was just wondering   how long did it take for the  Visa to become  available to you -- After you submitted the funds ?? 

The approval letter  has "Please note that your membership status will be activated after payment has been remitted in full amount into our account. Subsequently, the membership card and welcome package will be delivered to you in 3 weeks’ time." 

TKS

I am a member.

I just received my approval letter today   --With Aug 12  in mind   i was just wondering   how long did it take for the  Visa to become  available to you -- After you submitted the funds ?? 

The approval letter  has "Please note that your membership status will be activated after payment has been remitted in full amount into our account. Subsequently, the membership card and welcome package will be delivered to you in 3 weeks’ time." 

TKS

August 12th has nothing to do with visas of any type. It is only to do with visa exempt entries.

As soon as you pay the money you can get the PE visa shortly after that. You can arrange for a person from Thailand Elite to go with you to immigration to get it.

• Like 2

I am a member.

TKS
Once you send the funds ( Thai bank recieved same day) Email them a scan of your pay in slip. They confirmed to me within the hour. They will then enter you on there system. Ask them for your Elite membership number. Then send email to the 24 hour members number asking to arrange collection of your visa from Chaeng Wattana office BKK. You need to give 5 days notice. They will send you an appoitment and meet elite staff on the day and took me 20 minutes. They give you the welcome pack and card on the day. They photocopied my card for me for imigration. Also take a copy of your passport as well as passport itself. They do everything for you while you wait. I also took my original application and recent photo and handed it to them so I didnt have to post it. Dont worry about August 12th unless you have to leave the country. Hope that helps

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
  • Like 1